Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
D60RTU1XYAAUyVb.jpg:large

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
NBCSN always takes 2 Cup Final games as it’s in the contract. The past few years they’ve been games 2 and 3. NHL wants the Cup handed out on broadcast tv so Game 4 on is on the mothership.

NBCSN promised cable operators and satellite providers that to get a boost in the monthly rate they can charge.

There is a chance that NBC will allow WBTS to pick up that game as they have done it in the past in Chicago and Washington.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
If that series goes to 7, they play the 23rd...

So they'd only have 4 days off..

I'd rather the time off to rest our guys...guys like Karlsson are beat to shit..and will have no time to recover if they move on...the series has to go to the 21st regardless....so MAX they have 6 days to rest..

Much rather have twice that.

Might take them a second to find their feet and speed in game 1, but they'll be fine. Bruins are hungry and want this. Not worried at all. Let us come in rested and hopefully some problems healed a bit.

Any chance Miller could come back?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Do they get 10 days off between games

He bodies will be more healed the mindset focused

The staff prepared for their opponent set ups, entries, player tendencies

They have 6 regulars over 30 and guys like Grzelcyk and Pastrnak who can use the time to recover from hits or injuries

Ten days where they are in the journey is good with me

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
If that series goes to 7, they play the 23rd...

So they'd only have 4 days off..

I'd rather the time off to rest our guys...guys like Karlsson are beat to ****..and will have no time to recover if they move on...the series has to go to the 21st regardless....so MAX they have 6 days to rest..

Even those 4 days are plenty of time. I don't like that.
I also don't get why they don't start the series on the 25th.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
With the injuries the B's have sustained or are nursing, I would take this over limping into the playoffs. They may be rusty for a period or two but certainly not for a 7 game series. The Sharks and Blues will hopefully go 7 and they will beat the crap out of each other. The Leafs and the media will try to instill fear into Bruins fans because that is what they WANT to happen. The hatred is at an all time high in Toronto to the point of unhealthy obsession.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
:eek:

I hope Cassidy and his staff have plans in place to counter the trend.

Can someone post stats to prove that this bs is legit? I get a strong impression from this Bruin team that extra rest will have zero impact on their performance. They’ll be just fine.

They’re talking about Ottawa and Edmonton. Nothing against them (I love both teams and their fans), but c’mon...

I agree. The Bruins will be fine.

JHockey14

Mar 7, 2008
CT
This makes no sense. A team should be rewarded for a sweep vs a team that goes 7. West should get one day off and get back at it

Bos 25 & 27
SJ/STL 30 & 1
Bos 3
SJ/STL 6
Bos 9

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I hope this long wait doesn't cause Boston to go into the first game cold...

I'm gonna be working Saturday, so i'll miss that, but i'll be watching the rest of the series no doubt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->