2019 Stanley Cup Final Schedule - BRUINS vs St. Louis

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins don't have to apologize for laughing their way to Stanley Cup Final | Boston.com

Little to emerge from this postseason has been as predicted. It has either been all too easy to the degree that danger lurks around the corner, or we will all look at this Stanley Cup as the easiest championship Boston has secured since the Colorado Rockies were in the World Series for some reason.

The Blues haven’t been here since 1970, the year Bobby Orr scored the most overrated goal in hockey history leading to the greatest photo ever taken in sports history. The backstory of the image is meaningless but to those who insist on reminding us that the Bruins already led that series 3-0 before Orr netted the game-winner and leapt in celebration. And…yeah, but cool picture, man.

Alternatively, this is the third trip in nine years for the Bruins’ core of Zdeno Chara, Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand, David Krejci, and the like. They didn’t have to get here by grinding it out against fiercer competition. Whatever. Historical context of the journey isn’t the point.

That inevitable photo of Rask raising the Cup will be accompanied by narratives of the redemptive dominance the goalie displayed along the way, not the fact that he happened to draw the former Whale.

Oh, there will be that one person, of course, the same who feels the inherent need to put a dent in the Orr photo. “Let me tell you thereal story,” an offer that won’t really change anything in most minds. I mean, it’s still the best &$#@*&# photo ever. It’s like disparaging a gorgeous photo of a sunrise by rationalizing that, at some point, the thing was gonna come up anyway.

The Bruins are playing for the Cup. Again. It doesn’t matter how they got here.

TcTap

Jan 27, 2017

Lol, people said the same exact things about Carolina before. Good physical top 6 defensmen? Carolina was supposed to have advantage over Bruins in that regard and we saw how that panned out. Who even are these so called experts? Everytime I see a video like this they always say similar things.

Reactions: Strafer

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Dear Lord look at those special teams numbers..... that might tip the scales in our favor... and we have pretty good goals against numbers as well. Man, is it only Wednesday?!?!
Dear Lord look at those special teams numbers..... that might tip the scales in our favor... and we have pretty good goals against numbers as well. Man, is it only Wednesday?!?!
Very comparable with Carolina,and was definitely a huge difference in that series,hopefully this one also ,although also wouldn’t mind the Bruins dominating 5-5 play also.

Reactions: sooshii

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is how it will end

hqdefault.jpg

David Backes will score at 6:23 of the first overtime in Game 5 and the Bruins win the Series 4-1.

The parade will be on Saturday, June 8th

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bernie: 49 Years Of Waiting. And 49 Reasons Why The Blues Are Heading To The Stanley Cup Final. - 101Sports.com

I write this because I am, well, deranged today.

So much excitement, with the Blues turning St. Louis into a hockey town.
Wait a minute; St. Louis already was a hockey town … a great hockey town … even though nationally we’ve viewed as a Baseball Town.

We’re both.

Anyway …

What a phenomenal night, this memorable Tuesday in downtown STL.

With a 5-1 takedown of the San Jose Sharks in Game 6, the Blues advanced to the Stanley Cup Final for the first time since 1970.

In no particular order — these aren’t rankings — here’s are my 49 stream-of-consciousness reasons why a long, cruel stretch of postseason dehydration ended on a stormy, rainy, wet, wild, and winds-of-change evening in St. Louis.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
I just hope to God the B's don't get Marooned. That guy always seems to score on them.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Bring back Samsonov, flag might be too heavy for him though:)

Flag might be a little tall for him haha but Sammy was jacked for his size, he looked like a gym rat off the ice. I still remember when he wasted Kasperi Kapanen's dad in a fight.

I believe he's a scout for the Hurricanes though so I don't think he'd be an option.

Last edited:

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
Very comparable with Carolina,and was definitely a huge difference in that series,hopefully this one also ,although also wouldn’t mind the Bruins dominating 5-5 play also.
It will be getting at the powerplays that always seems the problem with us in any series. Just in those two regular season games against the Blues they had seven power plays and we had three. I noticed in the playoffs this year the Blues are at the bottom in taking penalties which is amazing since they are so physical . Hope the refs just let ‘ em play and don’t try to manage every damn game .

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme

I was thinking the same exact thing! Now don’t get me wrong, Saint Louis is waaaaay better than Carolina, but special teams caused such an imbalance that they had to start taking chances 5V5 and it began to burn them. Let’s hope that pattern repeats itself!!

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad