Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 7 - Heartbreak at the Hub on Causeway - St. Louis Wins The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Fellow fans:

2011 happened.
You’ve seen the Bruins in the Finals 3 of the last 9 years. That’s 1/3rd.
You’ve won 3 game 7s against the Leafs at home in the last 7 years.

Exhale. Get a hug from a loved one, give condolences to those that paid to watch 3/4 losses at home and hope for some pleasant surprises and changes with new faces in the next two weeks.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Feels like 2013 and 2019 taint 2011 for me.
To me, it doesn't taint the 2011 at all.

We had such a different team back in 2011. Guys looked out for one another and stood up for each other. They didn't get knocked off the puck so easily like this year, the stupid pretty passes that often lead to the opposition getting the puck and skating to our zone for a scoring chance. Lack of scoring 5 on 5. Top two lines not producing and playing terrible most of the time defensively. The 2011 team would never have allowed Rask to be rammed into like he was during some of the games in this year's playoffs. This team was fun to watch for the most part in this playoffs, but there is definitely room for improvement.

I keep thinking, had we faced Washington first, this thread wouldn't exist tonight. Or Tampa. Next year, Toronto, in my opinion, will be hard to beat- I felt they were our hardest series.

Reactions: Silva

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Remember the winter classic at Gillette against the Habs? Same Bruins team showed up tonight. This core can't handle the biggest stages and neesds to be shaken up.

You know, this team can probably go on another cup run in it next year but can it win it, IDK. This is probably frustration talking but tonight I'm ready to trade everyone for a bunch of bangers. If the games are going to be called the way they are in the PO's. Who cares who leads the league in penalties in January, just make it to the show.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Blaming the ice sheet?

Ice tonight was the best it has been in months

The ice plant and scoreboard get ripped out tomorrow

One last look at the old scoreboard control room

cr.PNG

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
NMC says hi

What bothers me a ton is... couldnt score 5 v 5 goals.

Most goals in the regular season and playoffs came on special teams.

In the SCF whistles are usually out of the picture

Is that a Bruin problem or a NHE problem?

No point in calling the slightest thing in the early season if your going to let anything go in the PO's.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I'm obviously frustrated because well we could of had it
And at HOME and we let it slip away but also because it will be a long time before we ever win or go to the finals again

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
This was a huge play Marchand appears to have the whole left side of the net open but shoots right back into Binnington in a zero, zero game and then of course, he decided to go to the bench instead of helping the boys out in the final seconds of the 1st which lead to a goal, because he was too tired. The missed opportunity happens and its acceptable the quit and going to the bench is not!

There really should be a dislike button here.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
So you keep Pasta, McAvoy, and Bergy? Everyone else is fair game?
First....I hope DS will rest and wait before doing anything. I truly beleive we need more size on the top 6. Question is: how this aging core will go thru next season... why not repeat 2019! Everyone is afraid of Tampa...Washington.. but they were all loser this year. Getting in the PO and everything can happen again!

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I'm obviously frustrated because well we could of had it
And at HOME and we let it slip away but also because it will be a long time before we ever win or go to the finals again

I went to the game worst game I've ever seen the Bruins play.

Absolute embarrassment.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Agree with all of this. He wasn't that good that he should have had all the TOI he had ( not a good sign when your the offensive D man and you are matched by Carlo in goals) . Carlo was Boston's best defender through out these PO's, ( Yes I know he wasn't perfect) but he should have been the go to guy IMO.
I am so glad to see someone else acknowledge Carlo. I thought he was great in all of the series and his two goals in this series was sweet to witness.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
To me, it doesn't taint the 2011 at all.

We had such a different team back in 2011. Guys looked out for one another and stood up for each other. They didn't get knocked off the puck so easily like this year, the stupid pretty passes that often lead to the opposition getting the puck and skating to our zone for a scoring chance. Lack of scoring 5 on 5. Top two lines not producing and playing terrible most of the time defensively. The 2011 team would never have allowed Rask to be rammed into like he was during some of the games in this year's playoffs. This team was fun to watch for the most part in this playoffs, but there is definitely room for improvement.

I keep thinking, had we faced Washington first, this thread wouldn't exist tonight. Or Tampa. Next year, Toronto, in my opinion, will be hard to beat- I felt they were our hardest series.
Bruins don’t get bye Tampa or Washington

Reactions: Lady Rhian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad