Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 7 - Heartbreak at the Hub on Causeway - St. Louis Wins The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
The playoffs will swing back into normality next season.
Tb will be the team to beat
Definitely not St Louis (overachievers)
And Wash still. May have another cup run or two same for Pitt.
In the west I think the Jets
Maybe Colorado and Calgary is a good team but for the most part in the near future I see the cup going back in the EC

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Only when it doesn't.

I wouldn't say the Pens or Blackhawks won with size (although they did have a couple of big dudes). They won with speed and skill. And they took home 6 of the last 11 Cups.
Well, I mean it won this year and won last year. Also, it won when the Bruins won the cup. I mean we can preach Boy Scout hockey all we want, but the Bruins lack of size definitely hurt them.

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
I mean St. Louis was a hard hitting tough team loaded with Canadian boys. I guess it’s hard to understand. Take all football, baseball, basketball, and combine that energy into one sport and that’s hockey for Canadians. I believe they bleed it and live it like no other nation and it shows.
Man, what a hot, steaming POS take.

That's like Felger-level bad.

I do know one thing. A number of teams will target the Blues next season because they are a dirty bunch of headhunters. I wouldn't be surprised if the injuries mount next year for them. I know Winnipeg and the Sharks will be going for knockout shots. And it will be richly deserved.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Well, I mean it won this year and won last year. Also, it won when the Bruins won the cup. I mean we can preach Boy Scout hockey all we want, but the Bruins lack of size definitely hurt them.

Add that size and the Bruins don't make it out of the first round.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
In the last forty years out of 8 finals appearances Bruins have 1 series win,this is something I have gotten used to,we’re the runner ups again.We will always have are 2011 miracle,though.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I do think they let the Blues get away with a lot, but yeah, officiating is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the list of reasons the Bruins lost.

Actually, tonight's effort was so bad that I can't even claim that the game 5 blown call meant anything in the end.
There was nothing wrong with tonight's effort. You just have to understand the way the game played out. The Bruins came out and completely dominated the first period. You literally could not ask for any better effort then what was put forth. The blues didn't even get a shot for 16 minutes. Then all of a sudden they get one shot that is deflected from the slot and finds it's way in. Nothing you can do about it but play on. They then try to force at the end of the. To tie it make a ridiculous mistake on a line change and the blues make them pay with a second goal. Once the blues had a two-goal lead they put it into lockdown mode and they are one of the best defensive teams in the league right there with us. At that point it was going to be very difficult for us to come back. It wasn't about effort it was about a team locking it down which we have done numerous times. You have to give the blues credit they did what they had to do at that point. As far as the officiating goes if they hadn't blown the call in game 5 we just might have come back and won so yes they did affect the outcome of the series cuz it already may have been over before we got to this point.

OT Moment

Mar 25, 2014
Maine
The worst thing we could do is trash on our team in anger even though they should have won the game with how well they played. We want the Bruins to want to play for us, after all.

We'll have to cherish 2011 even more.

How bout them Red Sox.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
I do know one thing. A number of teams will target the Blues next season because they are a dirty bunch of headhunters. I wouldn't be surprised if the injuries mount next year for them. I know Winnipeg and the Sharks will be going for knockout shots. And it will be richly deserved.

Like the Cookes and Wilson were/are targeted?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It just goes to show the turn these boards have taken. The Bruins were physically dismantling Vancouver beyond belief to the point where they completely changed their team outlook for years.

Now: “WELL, ST LOUIS WAS TOO MEAN!”

Good god.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Man, what a hot, steaming POS take.

That's like Felger-level bad.

St. Louis did nothing different than bruins have generally styled their team
for a century .. they out hit, out worked and played tough hockey. It wins. We were soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad