Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 7 - Heartbreak at the Hub on Causeway - St. Louis Wins The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I think Toronto gassed them out, Columbus beat them up, and Carolina gave them a false sense of security. If you notice every year one team makes to the cup while getting weaker while one gets there by getting stronger, we were on the wrong side this year.
Nope it was a simple game 2 overtime goal and we had our 7th. Game 2. Look at the tapes. We would have split in Missouri and took 1 out of 3 to knock them out. Simple math economics 101 whatever you wanna call it. That former leaf bonehead gunnerson put the stake through the stoked B.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I think Toronto gassed them out, Columbus beat them up, and Carolina gave them a false sense of security. If you notice every year one team makes it to the cup while getting weaker while one gets there while getting stronger, we were on the wrong side this year.

Getting no rest after round 1 and facing a heavy and fresh team in round two probably did take a lot out of us, but Carolina was a cakewalk and we had plenty of time afterward to rest.

Honestly the biggest travesty is that St. Louis was rewarded for their despicable actions with the repeated headshots. If they don't concuss Gryz, we win game 2 and this series is done in five.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
What kind of use do you have to have. ? Next finals should I take out my pom poms after we lose to prove to you that. We are true fans ..

You don't need pom poms ...just be proud of what they accomplished

ONE game short of a Stanley Cup isn't something to not be proud of

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Game 2 guys game 2 game 2 game 2 game 2 game 2 game 2 game 2 game 2 game 2 game 2. We scored that one it was over in 5. I knew right there we were screwed.
Yep but unfortunately they decided not to show up for the OT and couldn’t get the puck out of there own end,apparently they’re D was just to tired ,even though they just had an intermission to rest up.Having to play with only 5 D was to much for them,meanwhile I think the Blues mainly went with 4

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
As crazy as it sounds but I would trade rask this off-season. He had 2 cup finals and blew them. He's our Lundqvist. Time to turn page. Vladdy time I guess.

Lundqvist is one of the greatest goaltenders of this generation.

Thinking like this - emotional pelt-chasing - is how you have 30 straight years of Flyers goaltending.

If Vladdy was good enough to be an NHL starter at this point in his career, the he'd already be in Boston.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
can't argue this but Debrusk was super weak with the puck. looked like he played with pcs. lots of disappointment,

For sure. Cant say it enough but our second line killed us. I understand the first line not producing as long as their first line isn't as well. They are working hard to cancel each other out. Thats when the depth has to step up. For the Bruins we won a ton of games with our depth stepping up. Coyle, Johannson, Kuraly, Wagner, Accari. Nordstrom. Just imagine if the second line showed up consistently. We could've had scoring threats on every line. Shouldnt be the fourth line the Bruins are depending on when the first line gets shut down... Krejci leading the playoffs in scoring like he's done in the past and we win... Kinda what you can expect from your highest paid player... That's all.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Name a team with 4-5 Canadians that win cup?
Why? It literally has no bearing on the outcome, Canadians make up a majority of the league and used to make up an even larger percent. Do you think they teach a vastly different game in the states? Hitting isnt taught as early but most of these players are on intermingled squads once they are 15/16 even sooner sometimes.

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Remember the winter classic at Gillette against the Habs? Same Bruins team showed up tonight. This core can't handle the biggest stages and neesds to be shaken up.

Reactions: TD Charlie

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Should have steamrolled these guys. Cassidy is too blame didn't get enough from the troops. Donny put a cup contender and they were loaded. Leafs jackets canes blues a gift. Pure gift. I blame Cassidy for this final.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Remember the winter classic at Gillette against the Habs? Same Bruins team showed up tonight. This core can't handle the biggest stages and neesds to be shaken up.
I kind of agree with this but I dont see how we ship anyone out while getting anyone back that fills a position of need and we get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->