Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 7 - Heartbreak at the Hub on Causeway - St. Louis Wins The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I’ve never been anything but fair to Rask...when he deserves criticism from me...he gets it.

I just can’t see any fault tonight. All the goals weren’t on him.

Rask and the Bruins broke the spirit of many a team...Biddington did it to us tonight.

The Bruins should have been up 2-3 in the first...they got stonewalled...with some fortunate saves, sure...but those goals that STL stepped up to get...those will shake anybody.

“We don’t deserve this,” and doubt had to set in.

It spiraled out of control.

Brick said in the pregame, “whoever scores the first goal won’t decide it.”

I shook my head and thought...that doesn’t sound right. Both these teams really like the first goal.

Anyway...the ups and downs of super fandom...you move on...

Not making excuses, but I can’t wait to hear all the Bruins injuries...I’m betting on a tun. The whole first line, for sure. DeBrusk. Chara.

Reactions: Kovi

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Waiting for the parade of injury excuses to start.

I'm sure they all are gonna claim they tore their rotator cuffs and broke their ribs in the first round.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Anyone who wants to post about the Bruins not caring needs to watch their postgame interviews and shut the f up

I would FAR rather see a Bruins fan sticking up for their team like this than poor sore losers. Behind ya 100% for hanging with your team. Am not a Bruins fan, but I am a fan of fans who stick by their team. Good on ya sir for being with your team.

Helsinki city boy

Jun 2, 2019
Helsinki
Rask didnt have the best game of the series, but he gave the team an opportunity to win. The team failed. Actually he gave a an opportunity in every game, but the guys who should be leading team scoring did nothing. Bergeron and Pasta were total bs for the whole series and also Marchand wasnt that good. Was it pressures or injuries, cant say.

So after all this trade Krug, trade Rask, trade this and that, we should be looking at the first line and their failure. I would definitely have RoR as my no 1 center instead of Bergeron at the moment...

The team had a great post season.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I mean St. Louis was a hard hitting tough team loaded with Canadian boys. I guess it’s hard to understand. Take all football, baseball, basketball, and combine that energy into one sport and that’s hockey for Canadians. I believe they bleed it and live like no other nation and it shows.

Really... So you take a Cinderella team line the Blues to establish what it takes to be a winner
The Blues IYO set the standard
What about Wash?
Ovie Kuznetsov Oshie Backstrom...real Canadian content there . right?
What about the old Detroit Red Wings
Look the Blues are mostly a
Talentless team with a nobody as a goalie
This was a very rare and exceptional playoffs that for all intents and purposes may never happen again

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Charlie Coyle, Marcus Johansson, Tuukka Rask, Torey Krug, and Charlie Mac basically.
I think it would only be fair to add Carlo to that list. He worked his butt off every series along with those guys. I also must give credit to Acciari and Nordstrom, too- those guys worked their tails off every shift, every game.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I saw Vince Dunn collect the puck behind his net, come out and the Bruins player (I’m not sure who it was) absolutely peeled away. It was a 2-0 game, and a big hit could have done something to get some momentum going.

The Blues size on defense was absolutely a factor.

But you said they were afraid to take a hit. Which is not true.

Thought the Bruins were physical in the 1st and when things weren't going in, played frustrated as the chances started to get limited.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Waiting for the parade of injury excuses to start.

I'm sure they all are gonna claim they tore their rotator cuffs and broke their ribs in the first round.
I think Toronto gassed them out, Columbus beat them up, and Carolina gave them a false sense of security. If you notice every year one team makes it to the cup while getting weaker while one gets there while getting stronger, we were on the wrong side this year.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
You know your in trouble when other team weather's the storm as they say. We outshot them huge and butkiss. I knew it you knew it my mom knew it and my pet conure knew it. By the way she's on my chest keeping me comfy to get this through rough time. Pets are great in times like this. Great investment pets.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
What a cocky post my friend.
Is it really though .. what bruins team
Every won a cup that wasn’t loaded with Canadian boys? I mean St. Louis was a hard hitting tough team loaded with Canadian boys. I guess it’s hard to understand. Take all football, baseball, basketball, and combine that energy into one sport and that’s hockey for Canadians. I believe they bleed it and live it like no other nation and it shows. Canadians win.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I wasn’t being literal about the crying bit, just metaphorical. It was a horrendous signing. Almost as bad as Belesky and it sunk our 2nd line; made us a 1 line team.
Maybe...but tonite we played in game 7 of the SC final.
We can blame whoever... signing, players, coach and management all you want. It is a question of how you see the water glass... 50% % empty or 50% full....some decision goes yor way, other not. But at the end of the day, DS did put out a SC contender.
I am proud of DS, Boston management and the players.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Is it really though .. what bruins team
Every won a cup that wasn’t loaded with Canadian boys? I mean St. Louis was a hard hitting tough team loaded with Canadian boys. I guess it’s hard to understand. Take all football, baseball, basketball, and combine that energy into one sport and that’s hockey for Canadians. I believe they bleed it and live it like no other nation and it shows. Canadians win.
Our Canadians really showed up this series....

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Really... So you take a Cinderella team line the Blues to establish what it takes to be a winner
The Blues IYO set the standard
What about Wash?
Ovie Kuznetsov Oshie Backstrom...real Canadian content there . right?
What about the old Detroit Red Wings
Look the Blues are mostly a
Talentless team with a nobody as a goalie
This was a very rare and exceptional playoffs that for all intents and purposes may never happen again
How many teams with less Canadians than these bruins won a cup? Just figure it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad