Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 7 - Heartbreak at the Hub on Causeway - St. Louis Wins The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-6-12_22-59-30.png

upload_2019-6-12_22-58-31.png

upload_2019-6-12_22-59-57.png

upload_2019-6-12_23-0-28.png

GAME SUMMARY

EVENT SUMMARY

PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI BRUINS

Last edited:
Reactions: rocketdan9

KingKrug47

May 21, 2019
To be fair, did ANYONE see us getting this far? Nope. Not a chance. So next season? It could be another chance.

Never say never.
This year showed how much of a crapshoot the playoffs are the how the regular season means NOTHING . I would not be surprised with another run, with that being said we are all in a state of shock and disappointment so its easy for people here to say we are doomed

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Tonight sucked. There's no question about that. But they had a GREAT season, and they made it further than anyone realistically expected.

It stings, but it's supposed to hurt this much when you care as much as we do and get so close to winning it all.

I know everyone's pissed, and calling everyone on the team chokers (and I'm not going to argue that they didn't choke). However, I'm not going to think any less of the players on this team because of what happened tonight. This was a really fun team and I loved rooting for them for the past 8 months.

As Boston fans, we've been so spoiled (although I know that plenty of our fellow fans are not fans of the other three teams). It's really hard to win a championship, and there's no trophy more difficult to win than the Stanley Cup.

Maybe this team will be back here next year. Maybe they'll blow it up this summer. All I know is that when next season starts in October, I'm going to be back cheering this team on, just like I have every year since I've been old enough to understand what hockey is.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Do you think he was great tonight? Cause he wasnt. When it matter, he didnt make the huge stops. Binnington sucked all playoffs, but tonight, when they needed him. He was there.

Would I trade Tukka no! Does he have some demons to slay? Yes

First goal, tipped by ROR. Not Rask's fault.

2nd goal. Pietrangelo goal is on Marchand. He was in no mans land and that goal cost us.

If your top line aint scoring? We aint winning. NOT RASKS FAULT

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
If we count this as a SF lose you know what's coming next year.
f*** people saying we cant do this anymore. We can.

Attachments

• bbbbb.png
    bbbbb.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Turk 16

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I legitimately shed a tear or two.

This ****ing sucks so much. So much more than losing to Chicago. So much more than the Patriots losing in 07.

This teams run really picked me up the past 6 weeks, when I've needed it being unemployed, and having no success finding anything. Its been such an amazing distraction.

I'm just sad. Not even mad, sad.

Yeah man. The Blues earned this but seeing Pietrangelo lift the Cup really set it in. Even with 5 minutes left, down 3-0, I still had hope... I love this f***ing team so much, Z/Bergy/etc. should have 3. But it's still only 1, probably only will be 1. Just so, so tough to watch anyone besides Z lift that trophy. f***ing sucks.

Still a few years left but this was the best chance they'll have for a looooooong time. It's tough man, really really tough. They had the team and the opportunity to do it. Absolutely incredible year but... f***.

Congrats to the Blues. Couple of improvements and hopefully we'll be in their shoes next year.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
@Bruins4Life136 yep more than Patriots.

Patriots had so many holes that were covered up that year, but still could've won. In a single game championship, a fluke can happen, and that's what happened. They win that game 999 out of 1000.

This? God this just sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad