Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 7 - Heartbreak at the Hub on Causeway - St. Louis Wins The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

maswe12

Feb 27, 2002
orlando, fl
Oh hell no- trade Krug? One of our best players on the ice throughout the playoffs? I can't believe what I just read.
I agree he was one of our best players and I love how he plays... I just don’t know how you make it work with the salary cap. I think his value is at an all time high and could be used to reload offensively. There is a lot of defensive depth in the system but we clearly need help on offense.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-6-13_0-32-11.png

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Officiating was not an issue game 7. At all.

I do think they let the Blues get away with a lot, but yeah, officiating is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the list of reasons the Bruins lost.

Actually, tonight's effort was so bad that I can't even claim that the game 5 blown call meant anything in the end.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
As crazy as it sounds but I would trade rask this off-season. He had 2 cup finals and blew them. He's our Lundqvist. Time to turn page. Vladdy time I guess.

Ah you beat me to it..
I totally agree.his value will probably not ever be as high as it is now. Plus we unload salary
It's imo a good business move
I think it would be the most opportune time to trade him

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Is it though? We were dominated so hard in every matchup seems we just held on and had a hot goalie while their goalie worked out his issues and stoned us in game 7.

Nah, we played some good solid games in game 3 and 6 and came back from 2-0 in game 1 to win

This series took a big turn for the worse for the B's right after game 3 when Berube started whining and the refs took notice

We were dominated somewhat in game 4 while the refs put their whistles away, but in game 5 the B's could've possibly won that game in the third if they didn't get severely screwed over by the non-call on Bozak (instead of a two minute PP to tie ...blues are up by 2)

Unfortunately, there were a lot of BIG contract guys not fulfilling their obligations in this series, but maybe they're hurt ...who knows

Either way, I'm still proud of the guys (a little disappointed in some players), but still proud to be a BRUINS FAN

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think you're seeing what you want to see. I didn't see anyone pulling away or shying from a hit to make a play.

Blues weathered the storm, got outstanding goaltending, and capitalized on their only two chances. This game came down to the 1st period.

I thought the Blues size was more noticable in the neutral zone and slots, clogging up lanes.
I saw Vince Dunn collect the puck behind his net, come out and the Bruins player (I’m not sure who it was) absolutely peeled away. It was a 2-0 game, and a big hit could have done something to get some momentum going.

The Blues size on defense was absolutely a factor.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
No need to shed a tear for Backes. He’s got 5 years of $6 million of team money—cry BECAUSE of him, not FOR him. Cry for us.
Your reference on money is irrelavant in the PO. Backes signed at one time, and since then had injuries, concussions, and health issu. I am not crying for him, feeling sad for him. And i won’t cry either for fans, neither for me even though i am sad and hurt and fans are sad and hurt with a Hockey loss..... at the end of the day this is entertainement.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
No, just confused that you could be proud of a team that just got **** on in game 7 at home in the SCF.

Maybe I'm just not in the mood to be a :eek::eek::eek::eek: like some other people to the team that took us on this run in the 1st place. Yeah, the outcome sucks, but if you're not proud of what they accomplished this season, you're just a bandwagon fan and i have no use for you.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
What do you mean that tough Canadian teams win?
I mean St. Louis was a hard hitting tough team loaded with Canadian boys. I guess it’s hard to understand. Take all football, baseball, basketball, and combine that energy into one sport and that’s hockey for Canadians. I believe they bleed it and live it like no other nation and it shows.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
That's a good assessment, having that consistency builds credibility for the more hairy situations as well so the story for the SCF would be the hockey not the leagues officiating problem. I dont want to hear the league say they care about headshots anymore though after seeing what St. Louis did to us and the sharks.

I mean, if you believe the league really gives a shit, I have a brand new bridge to sell you here in Montreal ( it isn't even finished yet) brand new, I promise, and guaranteed until it breaks.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Maybe I'm just not in the mood to be a **** like some other people to the team that took us in this run in the 1st place. Yeah, the outcome sucks, but if you're not proud of what they accomplished this season, you're just a bandwagon fan and i have no use for you.

What kind of use do you have to have. ? Next finals should I take out my pom poms after we lose to prove to you that. We are true fans ..

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Krejci really was dissapointing. Zero goals in last 10 games. Unacceptable for your highest paid player and second line center. I cant help but think if our second line was producing like they should have we won this series in five or six games easily.

can't argue this but Debrusk was super weak with the puck. looked like he played with pcs. lots of disappointment,

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Your reference on money is irrelavant in the PO. Backes signed at one time, and since then had injuries, concussions, and health issu. I am not crying for him, feeling sad for him. And i won’t cry either for fans, neither for me even though i am sad and hurt and fans are sad and hurt with a Hockey loss..... at the end of the day this is entertainement.
I wasn’t being literal about the crying bit, just metaphorical. It was a horrendous signing. Almost as bad as Belesky and it sunk our 2nd line; made us a 1 line team.

maswe12

Feb 27, 2002
orlando, fl
Should have scored on that power play that was the turning point in the game.
The puck that just found binnington’s armpit was what did it for me. There was a big gaping hole and it just found his jersey. If that gets through, it’s a different story. But that is hockey. We needed some puck luck and didn’t get it tonight.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Maybe I'm just not in the mood to be a **** like some other people to the team that took us on this run in the 1st place. Yeah, the outcome sucks, but if you're not proud of what they accomplished this season, you're just a bandwagon fan and i have no use for you.
I'm in Toronto. Tomorrow they will be celebrating our eastern conference championship. That's how bad this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille