Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 7 - Heartbreak at the Hub on Causeway - St. Louis Wins The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Some of you need to give it a rest

You show up here after two months to gloat about Rask having a mediocre game.

Seriously get ****ing lives
I love when people arent old enough to have gone through the Dave Lewis years.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
I agree but I don’t like being stepped on here or anywhere. ... I think that’s fair no?
I mean it probably is fair but it's an internet forum, it's not gonna be like real life interactions. I'm just saying from experience arguing with people you feel slighted you on the internet doesn't lead to any resolution, if you feel its personal best to just ignore it.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Bergeron37

Mar 16, 2010
Fix your goddamn sport Bettman. How are there no f***ing calls all game except for the over the glass. Just because it's game 7 you tell the refs to put the whistles away and let everything go? Why is there no consistency at all? This sport is a god damn joke. It's embarassing how many calls were missed this entire post season from the Sharks/Knights, to Sharks/Blues, to this series.

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
My father used to get like me with sports.

Then my mom died from cancer at53

Let’s juat say sports losses don’t faze him one bit anymore.

Sorry for your loss. My dad died two years ago from cancer at 50. It really puts things into perspective. f*** cancer

Reactions: Lady Rhian

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
I'm not sure it's on the refs , they just follow directives.

Now, making everything review able is the only thing I want to hear this summer, otherwise I'm not sure I want to invest any more time in this sport. I love this game and it's the best game on earth to me but it's being handled by people who are not interested in the integrity of the sport but the almighty dollar. It suffers from an inferiority complex that makes it behave in as inferior things/people do
It is last among NA sports and it will stay that way.

Recently, I was watching an NBA game. Now I'm not much of a basketball guy and while I keep track of what's going on during the season but I don't watch to many games, but I do tune in for the PO's. So the Raptors were ahead by about 10 points and there is something like 30 seconds left in the game
( cearly out of reach for GS) yet the refs take the time to video review who put the the ball out of bounds. Does it really matter? Yes and no. The game has been decided by the score , but no rock is left unturned, that is what I want see, otherwise I'll watch basketball going forward.
That's a good assessment, having that consistency builds credibility for the more hairy situations as well so the story for the SCF would be the hockey not the leagues officiating problem. I dont want to hear the league say they care about headshots anymore though after seeing what St. Louis did to us and the sharks.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Thanks to the Bruins for a great season, but an even BIGGER thank you to the best Posters, Mods and GDT designers on all of HF. Thank you all for giving us your time, skill, knowledge and hard work. You truly make all of us proud to be Bruins fans and to be a part of the best sports board on the entire internet. :handclap::handclap::bruins

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Fix your goddamn sport Bettman. How are there no ****ing calls all game except for the over the glass. Just because it's game 7 you tell the refs to put the whistles away and let everything go? Why is there no consistency at all? This sport is a god damn joke. It's embarassing how many calls were missed this entire post season from the Sharks/Knights, to Sharks/Blues, to this series.

Officiating was not an issue game 7. At all.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
I don’t know where I watched it the other day but something that was said really rings true following this loss “ Skill gets you to the playoffs but grit , heart and determination win the Cup” we fell far short of the grit and determination this series

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
I mean it probably is fair but it's an internet forum, it's not gonna be like real life interactions. I'm just saying from experience arguing with people you feel slighted you on the internet doesn't lead to any resolution, if you feel its personal best to just ignore it.
Very true.. but we do life in a world where internet is 7 1/2 hours of average persons life... and I still live by principals that say just because your behind a computer doesn’t mean you get to be mean without consequences. Think it would be a better world if that was reality. One day maybe folks willl have to pay for consequences for actions and comments online?

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
He was bad, but his LW can’t stay on his skates for a full shift, and his RW looks like he’s skating in a sandbox. Kuhlman, fine little player but he’s not there yet

Oh I agree. It's up to Krejci to lead that line. Debrusk and his almost 30 goals didn't translate well deep into the playoffs. Sweeney not upgrading that second line RW really hurt us as well. Trying to plug in people and create chemistry as late as the SCF means your plan to stay the course didn't work.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
You’re correct, but wearing down your opponent is beneficial as much as some fans who want “speed and skill” plays a factor as well.

The Bruins entire top 6 was terrified of getting hit. Every one of them.

I think you're seeing what you want to see. I didn't see anyone pulling away or shying from a hit to make a play.

Blues weathered the storm, got outstanding goaltending, and capitalized on their only two chances. This game came down to the 1st period.

I thought the Blues size was more noticable in the neutral zone and slots, clogging up lanes.

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad