Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 4 - Back to Boston - Best of 3 - Series tied 2-2 - PART 2

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
doesn't matter. refs weren't allowed to call that after berube said it isn't fair to call penalties on the blues

a few weeks ago everyone here said the league favours the sharks

Bruins should win no matter what the refs do or say, I don't want charity from the league. I hope they pocket the whistles and let them play

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Keep dreaming, it's the NHL it's like the movies it's all done for the suspense. Making sure the product stays available as long as possible. The finals have become a show.

how about covering Tarasenko in front the the net so he doesn't get juicy rebounds? Do that and the Bruins easily win. This Vancouver Montreal attitude is bad luck

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Serie is tie, no time to panic
I am satisfied with one win at st louis
I am still not happy with bergy marchand pasta debrusk and krejci....they have bad final ....and they have some games to turn it
Coyle is incredible
We have the best goalie and special teams
It will be difficult but bruins in 7

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Tell me the NHL doesn’t favor one team. I did a quick post count on their Twitter feed and stopped at 50 posts for the Blues and 5 for the Bruins over the last week. Granted they won last game and I get some extra tweets for that, but still that’s some kind of big margin.

Reactions: Krupp

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Felger/Shaughnessy of St Louis is getting on my nerves

Bernie On The Big Blue Wave: This Is Their City, This Is Their Time. - 101 ESPN

At the end of 60 minutes in a twister, a full house at Enterprise Center sang “Gloria” in full throat, then took the celebration and the song out into the streets for a party.

For the St. Louis Blues and their allegiant fans, Monday’s 4-2 win over the Boston Bruins was nothing short of a landmark victory. The Blues confronted trouble spots with head-on determination to level this best-of-seven series 2-2.

There are more monumental conquests ahead, of course. More work, stress, pressure and physical depletion. But for now, the full-glory spectacle of June 3, 2019 will fill in a coveted, elusive piece of history: the Blues’ first home victory in a Stanley Cup Final.

It was a mere 51-plus years in the making — this emotional payoff, this starry night, this beautiful reward, this proof of how the abundant, everlasting love of a team and its fans can raise the spirit of an entire city.

Because I’m fired up, I must quote a Springsteen lyric: It’s been a long time comin’, my dear … it’s been a long time comin’ but now it’s here.

The Blues fans that have dreamed and cried and danced and hoped and prayed and mended.

Bless you, boys.

By capturing the moment — and Game 4 — anything is possible for the Blues now. Everything is possible, including the dream-quest vision of that parade down Market Street.

Only two wins away now — the two hardest wins that any Blues team will ever have to work for. And if this thriller goes the distance, to the max-out seventh game, two of the three battles will be waged in Boston’s North Station.

And that’s OK. From the beginning of this remarkable and unforgettable hockey campaign, it was never easy for the worst-to-first Blues … it isn’t supposed to be easy for the Blues.

Ever.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
His binky has been missing but he is right, too many Bruins fans sound like Canadiens fans when the Bruins used to push them around, crying for penalties or how unfair it is the more physical team is being, well physical. Only thing missing is calling 911 on the Sundqvist hit.

They need to man up and give it back, they aren't built to be as physical as the Blues (Sweeney's fault) but they need to do the best they can. Bruins fans crying about not getting calls because a team is out hitting and out working them is unacceptable and the onus should be placed on fixing that issue with the team going forward. .
So the fanbase his guilty because a few fans are whining?

Most like me are complaining about non calls not because of physicality, but bad reffing mostly ordered by the league.

Sweeney's fault for lack of physical players is laughable, he built a well balanced team that can play any style with anyone.

Refs call infractions on both teams and we are planning the parade.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Tell me the NHL doesn’t favor one team. I did a quick post count on their Twitter feed and stopped at 50 posts for the Blues and 5 for the Bruins over the last week. Granted they won last game and I get some extra tweets for that, but still that’s some kind of big margin.
Specially since its 2-2 . So it should be pretty close.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

At the end of 60 minutes in a twister, a full house at Enterprise Center sang “Gloria” in full throat, then took the celebration and the song out into the streets for a party.

For the St. Louis Blues and their allegiant fans, Monday’s 4-2 win over the Boston Bruins was nothing short of a landmark victory. The Blues confronted trouble spots with head-on determination to level this best-of-seven series 2-2.

There are more monumental conquests ahead, of course. More work, stress, pressure and physical depletion. But for now, the full-glory spectacle of June 3, 2019 will fill in a coveted, elusive piece of history: the Blues’ first home victory in a Stanley Cup Final.

It was a mere 51-plus years in the making — this emotional payoff, this starry night, this beautiful reward, this proof of how the abundant, everlasting love of a team and its fans can raise the spirit of an entire city.

Because I’m fired up, I must quote a Springsteen lyric: It’s been a long time comin’, my dear … it’s been a long time comin’ but now it’s here.

The Blues fans that have dreamed and cried and danced and hoped and prayed and mended.

Bless you, boys.

By capturing the moment — and Game 4 — anything is possible for the Blues now. Everything is possible, including the dream-quest vision of that parade down Market Street.

Only two wins away now — the two hardest wins that any Blues team will ever have to work for. And if this thriller goes the distance, to the max-out seventh game, two of the three battles will be waged in Boston’s North Station.

And that’s OK. From the beginning of this remarkable and unforgettable hockey campaign, it was never easy for the worst-to-first Blues … it isn’t supposed to be easy for the Blues.

Ever.
I'm guessing the love some Bruins fans had for the Blues must be gone by now.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
EVERYONE - PLEASE READ

We are all emotional trainwrecks right now and tempers are flaring - Your Boston Mod team knows that.

BUT - Because it is the SCF we will have many visiting Mods reading and just like a referee or linesman they might not look the other way if a post is in violation of the rules of HF.

Please - if another poster rattles you - TAKE IT TO PM

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
So the fanbase his guilty because a few fans are whining?

Most like me are complaining about non calls not because of physicality, but bad reffing mostly ordered by the league.

Sweeney's fault for lack of physical players is laughable, he built a well balanced team that can play any style with anyone.

Refs call infractions on both teams and we are planning the parade.
The officiating in this league has sucked for as long as I have been a fan and that goes back to Bobby Clarke trying to convince people Dave Schultz and Don Saleski were skill players, don't have a problem with people venting on missed calls, I do it, but complaining that the refs aren't calling enough on St. Louis when they have only gone over the line a couple times and only one was really a blown call, despite what Eddie Olczyk feels, isn't the way I expect a Bruins fan base to work.

Call the stick fouls, call the head shots but let the physical play go, it's the finals, unless a scoring chance is being impeded let them play. If the Bruins aren't built to play that way it's managements fault, not the refs, not the Blues.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I'm guessing the love some Bruins fans had for the Blues must be gone by now.

Back in 2011 many Chicago friends told me you are going to hate Vancouver in a week and of course that was the case.

The same thing is now happening with the 2019 Blues.

In 52 seasons this is the closest they have been to the Stanley Cup so of course they are pumped.

In 2013 there was no hate towards the Blackhawks - they beat us with skill and they got some luck. The Bruins actually could have swept Chicago but we missed a couple of open nets. That's hockey.

This is how Pierre McGuire looked at Game 4 yesterday on Montreal radio.

NBC's Pierre McGuire joined Melnick in the Afternoon to recap Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-6...ccessful-when-they-ground-and-pound-1.1316667

LeBrun: Losing Chara would be challenging for Bruins

Pierre LeBrun joined Melnick in the Afternoon live from Boston

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/lebrun-losing-chara-would-be-challenging-for-bruins-1.1316715

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Time for the one line in this one line team to actually show up

This is what they need to do when they get into the o zone:

One guy rushes the net, the puck carrier moves into a shooting position, the third forward back waits high for a rebound or to cover the puck going the other way, forward that rushes gets in binningtons face and makes him escalate his heart rate, shooter takes a shot, guy back picks up rebound, rinse repeat

Enough with the cute passes east to west. Do that on the power play. When you get it into the zone...SHOOT

Marchand was in a prime position the other night and he’s got one of the best shots on the team, he scores there early and it’s 2-1 bruins and now binnington is worried again, flood gates coulda opened from there. Instead they elected to play around with it like a kid and their mash potatoes until all the potatoes get dry and cold and they don’t want them anymore

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005

Bless you, boys.

Ever.

I hope we crush their souls :skull:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Back in 2011 many Chicago friends told me you are going to hate Vancouver in a week and of course that was the case.

In 52 seasons this is the closest they have been to the Stanley Cup so of course they are pumped.

In 2013 there was no hate towards the Blackhawks - they beat us with skill and they got some luck. The Bruins actually could have swept Chicago but we missed a couple of open nets. That's hockey.

NBC's Pierre McGuire joined Melnick in the Afternoon to recap Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-6...ccessful-when-they-ground-and-pound-1.1316667

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/lebrun-losing-chara-would-be-challenging-for-bruins-1.1316715
All Maguire did was babble on and on and slobber all over the Blues and then suggested the Blues are headhunting McAvoy

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

Really good point from Pierre McGuire about the ground and pound by St Louis. I'm pretty confident that Coaching Staff would know by now how to play against that style.

That's all St Louis has, remove the ground and pound and we win with Chara or not.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Again, throughout these playoffs, the Bruins have had little to no respect given to them from fan bases or the media. It's unbelievable.
It has been always the other team's time. Toronto, Columbus, Carolina and now St. Louis.
If the Bruins can't rally behind losing Chara, they don't deserve to win the Cup.
The top players need to earn the respect this team deserves. Go out and win it!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
HUGE HUGE LOSS LOSING CHARA.ONLY CHANCE THEY HAVE IS IF TOP 6 FINALLY SHOW UP.
Pack mentality needs to be adopted

They’ve yet to lose with atleast 6 full D and extra time between games

This is a reset, refocus, preparation series

I’ve looked at Craig Berube since 1980’s as a meat head - I’m not changing now

Tuukka Rask will win one of these and the team the other

It’s why we are sports fans

member 96824

the gloria stuff and the "we haven't won ever" stuff is now even more annoying than the storm surge
and bunch of jerks nonsense from carolina. berube is a clown. hope they lose in painful fashion.

They call their baseball field “baseball heaven”

No wonder Pujols became an angel.

Reactions: DKH

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino