Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 4 - Back to Boston - Best of 3 - Series tied 2-2 - PART 2

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
People can throw out stats and predictions all they want but it means absolutely nothing. What we DO know is that this team has played through every challenge thrown their way the entire season and playoffs. For those that have no faith or belief in this team, I just don't know what to say to you. Nobody likes losing and right after a game loss, I get the doom and gloom people feel, but shrug it off and look at the complete picture - what facts are there that this team can't win it all?​

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
People can throw out stats and predictions all they want but it means absolutely nothing. What we DO know is that this team has played through every challenge thrown their way the entire season and playoffs. For those that have no faith or belief in this team, I just don't know what to say to you. Nobody likes losing and right after a game loss, I get the doom and gloom people feel, but shrug it off and look at the complete picture - what facts are there that this team can't win it all?​

Chicago. Carolina. Philadelphia. Montreal. Montreal. Montreal. Seriously how many times Montreal!?

They’ve lost a series at home many many times.

I trust they’ll bring the fight back on Thursday, but i can’t act like they’re invincible.

Reactions: BMC and HockeyMomx2

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Chicago. Carolina. Philadelphia. Montreal. Montreal. Montreal. Seriously how many times Montreal!?

They’ve lost a series at home many many times.

I trust they’ll bring the fight back on Thursday, but i can’t act like they’re invincible.

I know about past teams - I am talking about this season, this year, these players. I don't get the comparison.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
The Bruins have to be extremely frustrated with how this has gone but know that they are the better team. The two wins were comfortable. The two losses were by 1 shot. Same as the Vancouver series through 4.

Even though the Bruins dominated most of game 1 I wouldn't call the win comfortable when you win by 1 goal (not counting ENG) after trailing by 2.
I also don't think that the score in game 3 tells the entire story. Yes, the Bruins were better overall, but they did use their ridicilous powerplay and scored on every other scoring chance.

Overall I think the series is quite even so far, maybe the Bruins have a slight edge.
But saying that the Blues won last game by one shot is a little bit delusional ... they should have won by a higher score.

The doom and gloom after series wins and losses is just so extreme.

What's good about the series is that it's still tied considering the Bruins' first two lines have been MIA offensively. Normally you can't afford to go 4 straight games relying on your 3rd and 4th lines and your PP.
The bright side: If the first line awakens ... the Blues don't have a chance.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I'm outta here

61879809_10217922274701205_8020293367294328832_n.jpg

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
Here, here!! :thumbu:

Reactions: caz16

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
I have a feeling Chara will play Thursday and give the team an emotional lift. If he does, no way we lose this series.

I'm not as bullish on him playing. Feel like he broke his jaw or something close. That said, I would love to see him still on the bench as a reminder to everyone else on that bench about the sacrifice it can sometimes take to win a cup. Every half-assed shift, they have to come back to see him on the bench.

maswe12

Feb 27, 2002
orlando, fl
I'm not as bullish on him playing. Feel like he broke his jaw or something close. That said, I would love to see him still on the bench as a reminder to everyone else on that bench about the sacrifice it can sometimes take to win a cup. Every half-assed shift, they have to come back to see him on the bench.

I don't think they know what's wrong yet. It wasn't bad enough that he needed a trip to the hospital and CT scan last night but it wasn't minor enough for him to return to the game. I imagine he will get a CT tonight when they get back and we should get some news tonight or tomorrow morning.

Im crossing my fingers for a good Grizz update.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
If you had told me after G2 we'd get a split in STL, I would have been thrilled. After G3, it was harder to swallow a loss in G4.

Now, with the benefit of some time I realize that was kind of unfair to both teams. Yes, they ran off an impressive streak in the playoffs, but that included a battered BJ's team and what turned out to be an unworthy opponent in the Hurricanes. The Blues are legit, just like the Leafs are legit. There really shouldn't be a surprise that this series is following the pattern of the first round since those two teams are the best the Bruins have faced this post-season.

Last night stung, but I don't think all is lost. This was never going to be a short series, and this team has responded well to adversity all year. I truly believe the Bruins are the better team and SHOULD prevail, but as they say, that's why they play the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad