Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 4 - Back to Boston - Best of 3 - Series tied 2-2 - PART 2

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
The Bruins have to make adjustments with the Defense and forwards.I agree the Bruins are relying on Rask too much and they need to put more pressure on the blues and their goalie

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Screenshot_2019-06-04-21-46-10~2.png

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Didn't Stepan break his jaw against MTL a few years ago, only miss a game, then come back and score 2 goals to send NYR to the Cup?

This might not be a clean break lots of things moving around type of thing where its gonna effect him a lot when he gets home can't sleep/eat etc and some nasty surgery might be needed.

I don't think a 50% Chara is a good idea if he was in his prime its a different story and you want him playing withliterally anything if he possibly can. Also giving him 6 vs 3 days to heal up could make a huge difference. Not playing G4 vs Carolina and the time off between series was a good call because he played well first few games of the finals.

Other thing is he can't give it a go and see how he feels because then we might be down to 5 D men again and we've lost both games in that situation this series.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
As someone that deals with crippling anxiety, my mind ALWAYS goes to worst case scenario.

Even something as mundane as someone being 30 mins late.

So maybe take your balls comment and go away?
Not sure if true, regardless my comments are inconsiderate.
Sorry if I offended you.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
This might not be a clean break lots of things moving around type of thing where its gonna effect him a lot when he gets home can't sleep/eat etc and some nasty surgery might be needed.

I don't think a 50% Chara is a good idea if he was in his prime its a different story and you want him playing withliterally anything if he possibly can. Also giving him 6 vs 3 days to heal up could make a huge difference. Not playing G4 vs Carolina and the time off between series was a good call because he played well first few games of the finals.

Other thing is he can't give it a go and see how he feels because then we might be down to 5 D men again and we've lost both games in that situation this series.
Oh I don't think he plays G5, I'm thinking more of a G6/7 scenario.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Now.

Now is the time.

Now is the moment.

Now is the best time ever for this to happen.

Now is the closed room team dressing room speech by Chara as he exerts his will on the team, series and game he loves for the last time this year.

Zdeno Chara, give Patrice Bergeron the 'C' for the final three games of the Stanley Cup Finals.

Reactions: Lordstanley

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I hope Grzelcyk can go on Thursday. All year long the Bruins have overcome adversity and whoever came into the lineup played well . Cassidy pressed all the right buttons but this Blues team seems different . I don’t know if they can survive both Chara and Grzelcyk being out .

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
The dressing room is quiet. The rink is full of tension. Chara has been at the rink long before anyone else on the team. The doctors have met with him. Cassidy has given his thoughts. The Causeway giant has decided.

The team files into the dressing room. Players arrive slowly in small groups wondering what the results are. Chara stands alone, stoic in front of the logo he has grown to love.

His speech begins. The words he says are difficult to say not because his jaw is wired shut and each line causes pain but rather the duty he feels for his teammates, one in particular. Words that seem to be arriving too early for his liking or anticipation. Fate has a way of doing that.

The players see he is holding his jersey with pride. They know he wants to put it on with them and finish the war with his brothers. Only then do they realize it isn't his jersey. It's #37.

The only item that was from his jersey is now Bergeron's. No one speaks a word above his forced syllables. No one shares the moment with the press or media afterwards but the gravity of his words is met by the thousands at the garden on Thursday night as Chara waives the flag higher than it has ever been waived before.

Patrice Bergeron leads the Boston Bruins onto the ice as the roof explodes on Causeway with the C sewn proudly onto the front.

Game on.

Reactions: Lordstanley

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
The dressing room is quiet. The rink is full of tension. Chara has been at the rink long before anyone else on the team. The doctors have met with him. Cassidy has given his thoughts. The Causeway giant has decided.

The team files into the dressing room. Players arrive slowly in small groups wondering what the results are. Chara stands alone, stoic in front of the logo he has grown to love.

His speech begins. The words he says are difficult to say not because his jaw is wired shut and each line causes pain but rather the duty he feels for his teammates, one in particular. Words that seem to be arriving too early for his liking or anticipation. Fate has a way of doing that.

The players see he is holding his jersey with pride. They know he wants to put it on with them and finish the war with his brothers. Only then do they realize it isn't his jersey. It's #37.

The only item that was from his jersey is now Bergeron's. No one speaks a word above his forced syllables. No one shares the moment with the press or media afterwards but the gravity of his words is met by the thousands at the garden on Thursday night as Chara waives the flag higher than it has ever been waived before.

Patrice Bergeron leads the Boston Bruins onto the ice as the roof explodes on Causeway with the C sewn proudly onto the front.

Game on.
I need a stanley cup in my pants to contain myself

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad