Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 4 - Back to Boston - Best of 3 - Series tied 2-2 - PART 2

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Back in 2011 many Chicago friends told me you are going to hate Vancouver in a week and of course that was the case.

The same thing is now happening with the 2019 Blues.

In 52 seasons this is the closest they have been to the Stanley Cup so of course they are pumped.

In 2013 there was no hate towards the Blackhawks - they beat us with skill and they got some luck. The Bruins actually could have swept Chicago but we missed a couple of open nets. That's hockey.

This is how Pierre McGuire looked at Game 4 yesterday on Montreal radio.

NBC's Pierre McGuire joined Melnick in the Afternoon to recap Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-6...ccessful-when-they-ground-and-pound-1.1316667

LeBrun: Losing Chara would be challenging for Bruins

Pierre LeBrun joined Melnick in the Afternoon live from Boston

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/lebrun-losing-chara-would-be-challenging-for-bruins-1.1316715
LeBrun's take on the Bruins defence depth is pretty weak for a professional. If you don't know, just say so.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
The officiating in this league has sucked for as long as I have been a fan and that goes back to Bobby Clarke trying to convince people Dave Schultz and Don Saleski were skill players, don't have a problem with people venting on missed calls, I do it, but complaining that the refs aren't calling enough on St. Louis when they have only gone over the line a couple times and only one was really a blown call, despite what Eddie Olczyk feels, isn't the way I expect a Bruins fan base to work.

Call the stick fouls, call the head shots but let the physical play go, it's the finals, unless a scoring chance is being impeded let them play. If the Bruins aren't built to play that way it's managements fault, not the refs, not the Blues.
We haven't watched the same game.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
We can’t depend on the Power Play,Bruins need to be better 5-5,and the Bruins forwards have to help the D on getting the puck out of there own end,and slow the Blues forwards up entering the Bruins end.There is no way the Bruins can generate any offence,when they burn all their energy trying to get the puck out of there own end.And for the love of god shoot the F’N Puck!

Reactions: rfournier103

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
This is the best thing that I have seen in awhile, maybe ever:

Sad that the refs bought two of those and penalized the Bs. The Tarasenko one absolutely floored me since even I could see in real time what a ridiculous dive it was due to it being so delayed and so dramatic. I hope tomorrow's refs are aware of this garbage and don't give the Blues an inch when it comes to penalties. If the Bs pulled three stunts like that in a single game, I kid you not, I would turn off the TV in disgust. The Blues have proven to be a very dishonorable group of players and coaches.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
The officiating in this league has sucked for as long as I have been a fan and that goes back to Bobby Clarke trying to convince people Dave Schultz and Don Saleski were skill players, don't have a problem with people venting on missed calls, I do it, but complaining that the refs aren't calling enough on St. Louis when they have only gone over the line a couple times and only one was really a blown call, despite what Eddie Olczyk feels, isn't the way I expect a Bruins fan base to work.

Call the stick fouls, call the head shots but let the physical play go, it's the finals, unless a scoring chance is being impeded let them play. If the Bruins aren't built to play that way it's managements fault, not the refs, not the Blues.
There have been plenty of stick fouls and head shots let go so far. Yet they call both Z and Maroon for inconsequential cross checkings.

They're inconsistent, is the issue.

Also, what about holdings, divings, embellishments?

Calling ticky-tack stuff and letting holdings on breakaways go is the issue.

These are what I'm reading that folks are complaining about, not physical play.

Reactions: BMC and Spooner st

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This will sound simplistic but to win they need to score four goals
It’s the Bruins will that this comes down to

This is a big bleeping stage and at home and they all need to do everything they can to make plays

Reactions: Spooner st

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I’m so sick of all this “the Bruins are screwed without Chara” **** from the media.

The truth is without him the Bruins are in serious trouble on the back end. It might not be as bad if Gryz wasn't also out but he is too. I know all about the "next man up" but this is the Cup Final, not the regular season. I really do not want to have to go with Kampfer, Lauzon or Vaak on D, their inexperience will be taken advantage of and Rask will be left hanging out to dry.

I've given up waiting on the first and second lines to get their heads out of their asses too. We're at Game 5 and with the exception the brief flare up during Game 3 neither line has done shit. Expecting them to suddenly put up a ton of goals is a fool's errand at this point. That leaves Rask and lines 3 &4 to get it done. I don't think it will be enough. I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The truth is without him the Bruins are in serious trouble on the back end. It might not be as bad if Gryz wasn't also out but he is too. I know all about the "next man up" but this is the Cup Final, not the regular season. I really do not want to have to go with Kampfer, Lauzon or Vaak on D, their inexperience will be taken advantage of and Rask will be left hanging out to dry.

I've given up waiting on the first and second lines to get their heads out of their asses too. We're at Game 5 and with the exception the brief flare up during Game 3 neither line has done ****. Expecting them to suddenly put up a ton of goals is a fool's errand at this point. That leaves Rask and lines 3 &4 to get it done. I don't think it will be enough. I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic.

Bruins were 10-7-2 without Chara during his 19 game injury stretch earlier in the year. McAvoy AND Carlo also missed games during that same period of time.

It’s not ideal, but I still think the B’s can get it done for 2 more W’s.

Reactions: Spooner st

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Do the refs not look at videos of their games that they have called,you would think they would see how they were embarrassed bye the Blues .

The refs and the league supposedly do review the game tapes. One would think that going forward, Mr Tarasenko and Mr Schwartz might have a hard time getting any calls. Let’s hope that’s the case.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Bruins were 10-7-2 without Chara during his 19 game injury stretch earlier in the year. McAvoy AND Carlo also missed games during that same period of time.

It’s not ideal, but I still think the B’s can get it done for 2 more W’s.

Yes they did well but the offense was producing goals 5 on 5. Right now they can't buy a goal. I sincerely hope you are right but I have major doubts.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00