Series Discussion SCF | ★★★ STARS ★★★ vs. lame sky flashes | TBL leads 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Well this happened at least. Includes the round Robin but oh well. Still 20 points not including that

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
It doesn't change the scenario above, but I did see they just went back to giving the goal to Heiskanen. Regardless ... it's a goal or an assist so the point stands.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Stars gotta take a long hard look at starting Bishop if he’s 100% which I’m thinking he probably is. Nothing against Dobby, but it’s clear the Lightning have his number and throwing a big body in there might throw them off.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
This series is reminding me a bit of the 2nd rd series vs St Louis 5 years ago.

We won game 1 well, lost game 2 due to some silly penalties and almost caught up but fell short, got laughed at in Game 3 (the reeves blowing kiss game).

For those playing at home we won game 4 in overtime..

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Call me pessimistic but I think the series is over Saturday. We just have no sustainable answers and the Lightning are able to do everything they want to. I don’t see that ending soon.

The first goal is so massively important. If we don’t get it, we have to answer quickly. If we can’t, the game just ends.

Tampa is too f***ing good to allow us to come back like we have all playoffs.

The only thing we can hope for is Tampa wilting like they did in the past two seasons, but this team is just built differently from those two now that they have the best 3rd line in the league and four legit top four defenders.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Call me pessimistic but I think the series is over Saturday. We just have no sustainable answers and the Lightning are able to do everything they want to. I don’t see that ending soon.

The first goal is so massively important. If we don’t get it, we have to answer quickly. If we can’t, the game just ends.

Tampa is too f***ing good to allow us to come back like we have all playoffs.

The only thing we can hope for is Tampa wilting like they did in the past two seasons, but this team is just built differently from those two now that they have the best 3rd line in the league and four legit top four defenders.
You’re pessimistic. We can’t win Stanley on Saturday.

sooni

Oct 23, 2014
Vaasa
Well i would change totally lineup.

First line
Kiviranta-Benn-Radulov there is ZERO reason to believe, that Seguin will start producing with Benn and Radulov.
Second line
Janmark-Pavelski-Gurianov can stay together
Third line
Hintz-Seguin-Perry why? Because these three idiots have combined 150 shots and 6 goals. Together they will win or lose Stanley Cup.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Kiviranta-Hintz-Gurianov

Put some speed an energy out there, might shake up Gurianov

Benn-Dickinson-Cogliano

Put Benn on the checkling line to get him in the series. Seems to play better responding to a physical directive.

Janmark-Pavelski-Radulov
A line which has had chemistry in the past.

Caamano-Seguin-Perry
Genuine 4th line, would beed to get lucky to score, but could at least play some grinding shifts.

Reactions: Teemu Nymander

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Agreed, i love Dobby and he has done a fantastic job up until this point but it may be time to see if Bishop can do any better.

I guess the view would also be Khudobin is definitely not playing well enough to play both in the back2back...but its probably not best to put Bishop in game 5 in a potential elimination game as his 1st game back if we lose game 4.

I think the team would be more comfortable with a fresh Khudobin in game 5 if we are fighting off elimination if Game 4 doesnt go our way.

Maybe Bishop can pull one out of the hat in Game 4 after his last bad showing.

Whatever happens needs a dominant defense in front of him

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
It's sooooo frustrating to watch right now. Stars look like children against grown men. Stars nonexistent. Coaching nonexistent. leadership nonexistent. Defense nonexistent. They look like they don't know what to do out there, and that's embarrassing.

Last edited:
Reactions: DieselPig

Teemu Nymander

Aug 30, 2020
ANALYSIS:

Some interesting analysis in Finnish media:
- During the three SCF games on 5 on 5 Tampa has outshot Dallas 77-40
- However, quality scoring opportunities Tampa has won only 24-22
- Even on a third game quality opportunities (dangerous scoring opportunities) were to Tampa only 7-6

The major difference is how the "best" or "most expensive" forwards are materializing their scoring opportunities
- Benn spent more time on penalty box than on ice on 3rd gme
- Neither Benn or Seguin has a point in final games
- Radulov took also several penalties
- If you look at TBL top players, they have done exactly what they are paid for

The fact is that in order to win Stanley cup, your top players need to play their best games. This is not happening.
I would either bench Seguin or move him to fourth line. I would lift e.g. Roope Hintz to play with Benn and Radulov to see what happens.

Dallas defense has played mainly well, but the third game was awful. But you cannot blame defense. Thanks to them Dallas is in SCF.
But they need to step up for 4th game. Dallas defense has not been about defense but also about secondary scoring. That is needed going forward.

My recipe:
1. Change first line - It simply does not work. Move Seguin away
2. Change PP1 - Seguin does not deserve a spot. He cannot score even empty netter at this point
3. Don't take a single stupid penalty, because TBL PP is hot now
4. Ensure defense shots are used, they need to score or give rebound opportunities for forwards

Reactions: Angrrus

cizko

Feb 10, 2009
Khudobin needs to ride this thing out, I wouldn't throw Bishop to the wolves. We all remember what happened last time.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Dobby is toast. He’s gotta go. Throw Bishop in for game 4, regardless of outcome go to Dobby game 5. The Dobby run has been fun, but he’s looked bad two games straight and if he doesn’t look good next game again, Stars are toast. Also, gotta split up Benn Seguin and Radulov. They’ve been awful.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Nothing has even indicated Bishop is ready, its not like he's been backing up Dobby or anything.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Dobby is toast. He’s gotta go. Throw Bishop in for game 4, regardless of outcome go to Dobby game 5. The Dobby run has been fun, but he’s looked bad two games straight and if he doesn’t look good next game again, Stars are toast. Also, gotta split up Benn Seguin and Radulov. They’ve been awful.

The fact that TB has more firepower than Vegas doesn't play into this? We also said Dobby looked bad against the Avs, and to some extent, Calgary. Only a few of the TB Goals in this series were strictly Dobby's fault.

And throw Bishop in? Why? Because it worked so well the last time? Ottenger would be a better choice, not injured, some playing time to avoid rust, and maybe, just maybe the Stars would rally for the young netminder in a tough position.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Doesn't look like Comeau is done just yet from this but i guess its just practise.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I wanna see these lines:

Benn-Pavelski-Radulov
Kiviranta-Seguin-Gurianov
Janmark-Hintz-Perry
Cogliano-Dickinson-Caamano

Or swap Hintz and Seguin

Reactions: Teemu Nymander
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad