Series Discussion SCF | ★★★ STARS ★★★ vs. lame sky flashes | TBL leads 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I don’t know why but I feel like next game is going to be a big one for Gurianov. He’s streaky as all hell, but when he’s on he’s on

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I’m also getting REALLY f***ing tired of Hedman’s penalties on these breakaways. He hooked Gurianov between the legs on his and tripped Radulov on his in OT. This shit has to be called and yet he gets praised for great defense instead.

The Gurianov one earlier in the series is questionable IMO. I think it’s very odd that by the letter of the law, it isn’t a hook. It absolutely should be IMO. It’s also arguably a slash. It’s something I think should be clarified in the rules if it hasn’t already.

The refs are really swallowing their whistles which is fine I guess, but I don’t get how god-damn difficult it is to just call a game the right way. It’s going both ways but the refs are really inserting themselves into the spotlight when they should be invisible. It’s awful to watch.

The more 5-on-5 we can play, the better it is for us. I think we are getting more disciplined too but the refs really are missing or just not calling a shitload of garbage hockey on both sides.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Stay woke: Gurianov leads the team in individual expected goals and high danger scoring chances (both at 5v5) in the playoffs- the goals will come. Keep shooting Denis.

What about this series by itself?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I just want Gurianov to get one breakaway where the best dman in the NHL isnt the one chasing him. He was solid tonight though in the O zone and had a few chances. Sadly for a few of the guys it's just a matter of time before they score, and we don't exactly have time right now although this win managed to buy some more..

And glad I'm not the only one who noticed that little hook between the legs by Hedman on that chance. Exactly what Perry did last game and kinda got away with

Let's take game 6 (in regulation please!)

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Hedman's penalties are what make him like Chris Pronger, so of course you can't complain.

Gurianov's problem has always been the same. He has low turn rate, low agility, and his puck-handling is not elite. So he's not great at finish chances, but of course if you get him the puck on his stick with a lane in front he can be very punishing.

None of the Stars players are reliable scorers. Because the vast majority of the Stars goals are concept goals. The same concept insert-defenseman-name shoots a nothing shot from far away, insert-forward-name stands on front of net pushing people around and hoping that the puck takes a crazy bounce off of someone or off the of the goalie for a rebound or a tip. Some players are better at doing it, but no player is absolutely necessary to do it. Gurianov could turn up or it could be Janmark, or it could be Kiviranta, or it could be no one. Just have to hope it's someone.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I’m also getting REALLY f***ing tired of Hedman’s penalties on these breakaways. He hooked Gurianov between the legs on his and tripped Radulov on his in OT. This shit has to be called and yet he gets praised for great defense instead.

The Gurianov one earlier in the series is questionable IMO. I think it’s very odd that by the letter of the law, it isn’t a hook. It absolutely should be IMO. It’s also arguably a slash. It’s something I think should be clarified in the rules if it hasn’t already.

The refs are really swallowing their whistles which is fine I guess, but I don’t get how god-damn difficult it is to just call a game the right way. It’s going both ways but the refs are really inserting themselves into the spotlight when they should be invisible. It’s awful to watch.

The more 5-on-5 we can play, the better it is for us. I think we are getting more disciplined too but the refs really are missing or just not calling a shitload of garbage hockey on both sides.

How his trip on Guryanov didn’t get called is f***ing beyond me. It was so blatantly obvious that he hooked Gury’s skate with his stick blade when he went down.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017

Refs have been trash. Cost Dallas a game, Hedman has had several non calls when he should have been in the box. That Radulov trip was clear as day. Players don’t go flying down when they are in all alone. That should have been a penalty shot and it was clear hedman used his stick to trip him. He hooked and pulled his skate to prevent a scoring chance.

Dallas has to complain about the refs. Bowness has to say something. Take the fine. But a message has to be sent they are not calling this right. You call the Benn trash in game 4 but not hedman in game 5. Refs are piss poor.

Side note any chance Faksa comes back? Dallas could really use that guy.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Refs have been trash. Cost Dallas a game, Hedman has had several non calls when he should have been in the box. That Radulov trip was clear as day. Players don’t go flying down when they are in all alone. That should have been a penalty shot and it was clear hedman used his stick to trip him. He hooked and pulled his skate to prevent a scoring chance.

Dallas has to complain about the refs. Bowness has to say something. Take the fine. But a message has to be sent they are not calling this right. You call the Benn trash in game 4 but not hedman in game 5. Refs are piss poor.

Side note any chance Faksa comes back? Dallas could really use that guy.
Hedman is one of the NHL's Anointed Ones. He can do no wrong.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Stars most creative and best offensive players are their two best defenseman . Playoffs have shown that and it needs to be build around like it was before the playoffs going forward . Klingbergs next contract is likely going to suck but the team can't afford to not have him.

Reactions: Magic Mittens

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I know we won’t hear anything until later tmw, but it would be awesome to hear if Hintz and Comeau will play tmw. Would be even better to hear Faksa is back, but I doubt we’ll see him

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Faksas hand must be seriously f***ed otherwise we would at least hear about him skating .

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Faksas hand must be seriously f***ed otherwise we would at least hear about him skating .

I don’t get why they just don’t say he’s done for the playoffs, same with Johns. Basically what Tampa announced with Stamkos

If Faksa was some what close, you’d think he would have played last night in a must win game

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

He did skate in the morning skate for Game 4. I think it was in last night's 20/20 that Shaprio added that he wasn't able to handle his stick, but he was skating.

Reactions: serp

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I don’t get why they just don’t say he’s done for the playoffs, same with Johns. Basically what Tampa announced with Stamkos

If Faksa was some what close, you’d think he would have played last night in a must win game

Stamkos is a unique situation. I may be missing an obvious one, but no team really does that. The norm is everything on shutdown regardless if the guy is coming back. This doesn't even have anything to do the bubble since it happens every year. The only difference with the bubble is everything is now just classified as unfit to play.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Also i don't think any of the Stars injuries are as serious as Stamkos. Him coming back at all was probably not smart for his health after beeing out for so long and such a major injury .

Stars guys there probably would be a legit chance. Bishop probably could play if something happened to Khudobin but it wouldn't be pretty , Johns i don't think would even play even if he's fully healthy . Hanley has been more than solid enough on the third pairing.

Hell i might argue he could still get a legit chance as a permanent third pairing guy off his play in the playoffs. You can now be a smaller NHL defenseman even if you aren't elite offensively.

Back when Hanley first came into the league the league was still drafting Bogosians and Luke Schenns with top 5 picks which at this point is a dying breed.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Hanley has been good filling in on that bottom pairing but he’s at best a 7th defender

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Anyone have a replay of that Joel Hanley block on Kucherov in OT? They didn't show the replay on NBC and it's not on any of the highlight vids...massive play just casually brushed aside as someone mentioned earlier. Idek how he blocked that it looked like a wide open lane for Kucherov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad