Series Discussion SCF | ★★★ STARS ★★★ vs. lame sky flashes | TBL leads 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
As someone who works/worked in the sports betting community this is crazy to me. The Stars haven't been a favorite in a single game since the Calgary series. I have no evidence of this but playing 3 rounds as an underdog every game has to be a first, ever. That seems almost impossible.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I mean the insider told us Seguin was playing with a blown out knee. So not a major suprise here.

Reactions: Henderson33

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm sort of still wondering how much the fact that the Stars almost blew the Avs series and had to go to game 7 cost them . Feel like the team had nothing left in the tank and anymore in the finals. Vegas luckily was not as good as advertised ( i allways thought that team is overrated as hell and still lives off that 2018 run that i still don't understand how it happened ) and they had a somewhat easy series in the WCF but still. Tampa was fresher and better in the end and had more depth left to throw at us.

Their checking was great and ours was mostly hurt which resulted in their topline mudering us all series long.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
In the long run i think blowing game 3 against the Avs and the shitshow in Game 5&6 that series cost the team too much energy and probably resulted in unneccesary injuries that finally couldn't be overcome anymore in the finals.

I would've hoped more rest after the WCF would help but after game 1 Tampa was just the better team for most of the series. Stars could keep it close but to do that they imho burned out their top 4 too much . All playoffs long the team was dependent on their defense to create and produce offense in crucial situation and they just couldn't do it in game 6 anymore.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
My biggest what-if is how far we go if Bishop is healthy.

Maybe we lose even earlier, or maybe we would’ve already won by now. Khudobin was good but we really could’ve used Bishop, especially in the B2Bs.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Maybe we lose even earlier, or maybe we would’ve already won by now. Khudobin was good but we really could’ve used Bishop, especially in the B2Bs.

Khudobin was fine. Good enough to not lose a series or even games outright but outside of game 3 ( or was it 4 ? ) against Vegas i don't think he ever stole a game.

Kind of like if the Ducks in 07 had to run Bryzgalov the whole playoffs.

Bishop clearly would've been better had he been healthy and at his best but well he wasn't and he way too often isn't . It's why he's paid less than 5 million a season.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia

I love the kid, so dont mean this to be a blame thing ..but to me the biggest what-if is if Miro had scored on that early chance in the first tonight . Seguin/Dowling made a great play to set up a prime chance in the slot, his moment of hesitation probably impacted.

That was an A grade opp, and if we scored after killing an early penalty to take a 1-0 lead man the game could have had a different flow.

Have Miro to thank for alot of our playoff success though. So nothing more than a what-if moment.

Heddyzeppelin

Aug 24, 2020
Congratulations on an outstanding season. Dallas played through some really significant injuries and still was able to take this to 6 games. That is a testament to your team’s work ethic and coaching staff.

Having lived through the 2015 series disappointment I can honestly say that I know the feeling. It is hard to come so close, play so hard and still come up just a little short. Trust me that your next Cup (and you will get one) will be all the sweeter when you win!

Watching the Benn presser showed me how emotionally invested he was. That kind of leadership can only mean great things for your future.

Chins up Dallas fans, your day is coming.

See you next year.

HowDareYou

Oct 20, 2016
Kings fan here, was cheering for your team since the Avs series

Didn't know much about your team or hadn't seen Heiskanen really play until the playoffs

Really hope the Stars get back soon for Benn / Pavelski

Great Run, Cheers

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Tampa fan here. Congrats on a great run. It was tough as hell to play against you. Your future is incredibly bright. To be sure, losing in the SCF is painful. I vividly remember when Tampa lost to Chicago in 2015. Ultimately, though, your team will use this as motivation and build from here. I will be rooting for you guys to come back with a vengeance.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Tampa was the better team but it was an incredible effort to just get here. Couldn't have asked for much more this season. At the very least this run made all of Denver turn into a massive salt factory.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Unfortunate that Dallas can't work through the injuries. Against the better overall team you can't miss 5 starters plus others struggling and expect to win. Still proud. Never thought they'd get that far. Really hope Seguin gets the the treatment he needs to be healthy.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
The last game was hard to watch but they were really close. The breaks all fell Tampa's way it felt like. The fact that they couldn't kill a penalty really affected their game because not taking a penalty became a major point. Then they lost their two best PKing forwards. Meanwhile Tampa could kill penalties easily so they were a lot more comfortable crossing the line.

It still feels good to get this far. I don't think sweeping changes are really needed, just don't make any huge mistakes in free agency and the window can stay open for another season or two. Once Heiskanen gets his next deal it'll be interesting to see how they adjust their cap structure.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
The last game was hard to watch but they were really close. The breaks all fell Tampa's way it felt like. The fact that they couldn't kill a penalty really affected their game because not taking a penalty became a major point. Then they lost their two best PKing forwards. Meanwhile Tampa could kill penalties easily so they were a lot more comfortable crossing the line.

It still feels good to get this far. I don't think sweeping changes are really needed, just don't make any huge mistakes in free agency and the window can stay open for another season or two. Once Heiskanen gets his next deal it'll be interesting to see how they adjust their cap structure.
Yeah unfortunately it really came down to too many Stars PK injuries, and not being effective on the Powerplay when getting the chances

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
I think it is as simple as missing Hintz, Faksa and Comeau. Had those guys been in the lineup there would have been a game 7.

Reactions: Satan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad