Series Discussion SCF | ★★★ STARS ★★★ vs. lame sky flashes | TBL leads 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Line matching is a huge part of Bowness' success. I really wonder who he's going to put up to the task of shutting down Palat - Point - Kucherov tomorrow night.
Well we can guess easier who it won't be
(Hintz, Perry, Gurianov, Kiviranta, Radulov)
He might go benn-Seguin-rads.
But that would be dumb.
I'd assume it'll be

Cogliano-Dickinson-Pavelski
With the other lines something like
Benn-Seguin-radulov
Janmark-Hintz-Gurianov
Kiviranta-dowling-perry

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Before game 1, I was super excited and a pretty nervous
Before game 2, I was calm.
Today, I am really nervous.

Depth scoring and playing a hard physical game got us through game 1. Klingberg got us close to a come back in game 2. Time for highly paid forwards to get on the scoresheet and for the dumb penalties to END.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Before game 1, I was super excited and a pretty nervous
Before game 2, I was calm.
Today, I am really nervous.

Depth scoring and playing a hard physical game got us through game 1. Klingberg got us close to a come back in game 2. Time for highly paid forwards to get on the scoresheet and for the dumb penalties to END.
That was exactly the same as me!
Perhaps I should remain super nervous the whole time as we seem to do better then.
I have seen nothing to fear so far from TBL, IF we play our game and play it well. But we do need everyone to contribute, there is no room for passengers.
GO STARS!

Reactions: Kipper 17

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Not really that suprising. Didn't look good when he left the game.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Some media was watching Dallas’s morning skate and Comeau wasn’t out there. Doesn’t mean he still won’t play though. Not a great sign, but could still be a game time decision

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Dowling or Caamano will play. Caamano would be the 1 for 1 replacement option. Dowling would force other changes because he's well not a checking line player. Outside shot maybe Dellandrea but i doubt it.

cizko

Feb 10, 2009
Well, loosing the FCC line could very well be the deciding factor in this series.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Caamano makes the most sense because like @serp said it's the least amount of disruption. Also, you're losing PK guys left and right. You already had guys playing PK that don't do so regularly before you lost Comeau. Dowling can't help the PK, and Caamano can.

Reactions: MBTendy

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
He's also fast and fairly physical. He fits into this group. I think @serp also mentioned this before but the only reason Caamano wasn't called up later this season was injuries. He struggled to stay healthy later in the season, but according to Graham he was on of Texas' better all around players.

IIRC he was also injured when Kiviranta was called up during the regular season, and he likely would have been the call up at that time.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Caamano is the better fit, I hope it is him.

I think we can survive without the FCC line. The replacements aren’t as strong defensively but they’re still quite good. I imagine Heiskanen draws some heavy defensive assignments for the next couple of games.

We can still win the series. We need our scorers to show up and take the bull by the horns.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Comeau is apparently a game-time decision. Wow.

I’ll get a GDT up soon unless someone else wants to do it.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Comeau is apparently a game-time decision. Wow.

I’ll get a GDT up soon unless someone else wants to do it.

Nah you do it . I lost the last one . I'd have made it already if Stars won game 2.

Reactions: LT

serp

Jan 17, 2016

This all but confirms that Caamano plays if Comeau can't . They play the same position .

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I know the inclination seems to be to replace an injured player with another who plays a similar role, but I don’t think the Stars need to go to another checker here. With Seguin taking on PK time and doing it well, Bowness should feel free to pick any of his black aces.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Seguin and also Benn last game is playing on the PK now because he is good at faceoffs. Without Faksa who is both a good penalty killer and good at faceoffs someone else needs to take faceoffs. Dickinson is a good penalty killer but he's awful at faceoffs. Thats bad for the defensive zone starts.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I think this is the Bowness effect probably. I'm surprised though about Colorado and Nevada ... lol. Minnesota is probably the least shocking.

Reactions: Kipper 17

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I can only imagine the GDT right now so I thought I would just say here Dallas is down a single game. That's not a bad position to be in. Feel free to panic if the series gets to 3-1, but the Stars have an opportunity to get it even Friday in the SCF. I'm very thankful they have that opportunity.

That potential injury toll from this game is pretty scary though. IDK ... they're not out yet, and it's the SCF. What more can you ask for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad