OT: Scandy's Rave Party: Pullin' a All-Nighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone play Paradox pc games?
Such as 'Hearts of Iron' or 'Stellaris' or 'Imperator'?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I used to play Stellaris, that was a great game when I played but just too high of effort for me. I did get like a solid 80 hours out of that game, but it's too micro management for me.
Cool. Yes it is.
I'm playing Hearts of Iron 4... love playing WWII grand strat games that have possible alt history outcomes. So cool =]

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Anyone play Paradox pc games?
Such as 'Hearts of Iron' or 'Stellaris' or 'Imperator'?

I did one Crusader Kingdoms game where the wee province of Ulster took over most of Western Europe, but the game just felt a bit too bloodless. I actually prefer reading about other people's CK games to playing it - they tell it so much better :laugh:

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'd contest the idea that Shadyside is ranked on that list but Squirrel Hill isn't, tbh. If I had to pick one, I'd rather live in Squirrel Hill than Shadyside.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Heavens no.
tenor.gif

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
So my family is cutting the cord from cable. I’ve tried doing some research and can’t figure out how to stream pens games, reliably.

What did you all do? I can’t justify paying the ridiculous cable price just to watch pens games.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I'm guessing using NHL TV or Center Ice or whatever they call it now but accessing via a VPN that makes it seem you're in Europe to avoid blackouts, as the mostly legit option?

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I wouldn’t even know how to do that. I haven’t been techy since I was in college around 2008

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Same. VPN services seem really simple to set up these days and not even that expensive.

I just think you need an IP address that isn't in US to make sure you'll get every game.

Someone else will chime in.

I mostly have to use radio feed via Pens app then watch the 10 min length recaps, on NHL YouTube channel later in the night, because of my schedule.

It doesn't even make sense to buy access to streaming to watch full game replays on NHL TV. Literally do not have the time to watch. :(

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
It's a morally gray area so I'm not sure if the board even allows it as a suggestion but yeah, that's what I do. You'll just need to make sure that your streaming device of choice allows access to a browser so you can surf reddit. For example, I'm pretty sure a Roku does not.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
So my family is cutting the cord from cable. I’ve tried doing some research and can’t figure out how to stream pens games, reliably.

What did you all do? I can’t justify paying the ridiculous cable price just to watch pens games.

I posted this in the other thread:
I have had NHL.TV the last three years and have been pretty disappointed. Besides the blackouts, there are a lot of technical issues. I have very fast internet and the feed is still choppy or delayed sometimes. Nothing worse than looking forward to a game all week and coming home to watch a game on NHL.TV and it is not working. Games are also blackedout anytime they are on NHL channel, NBC, NBCsports. Not sure if there is a great alternative, I may bite the bullet and buy it again this year.

Concerning the VPN, I have read that some can get around the regional restrictions and some cannot. I am not really helpful with the VPN stuff.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Waking up today in Berlin. Two days then down to Oktoberfest.

Damn I'm jealous, Berlin is my favorite city in the world that I've visited (London a very close #2). There's enough museums, historical sites and tours there to spend a month in IMO. I'm not planning on going back to Germany anytime soon, but I can't say enough good things about my 2 trips there.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I have Europa universalis on my laptop. Think I played 5 minutes when I bought it. Should actually try it

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I am trying to pick out a vacuum cleaner to buy and I have never been so overwhelmed.

Yea anything like that can be crazy. I typically do a google search: best vacuum cleaners.
Normally a site like cnet will have some reviews of the pros/cons. Then I order on Amazon
Maybe try consumer reports as well? I feel like they have ratings and comparisons on literally any product you may need to buy

Reactions: dogthateats

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Maybe try consumer reports as well? I feel like they have ratings and comparisons on literally any product you may need to buy

Thanks, I actually did both of those things. There are still so many choices and tons of reviews. I think I am hesitating bc I bought a cheapo vacuum that had tons of great reviews and it was the biggest POS and basically useless. I don’t want to get burned again. There is such a large price range of vacuums too, anywhere from $30–$800.00+. One review says to buy a brand like Dyson and then the next says to avoid Dyson bc they are plastic junk. I need to just buy something and not think about it or spend anymore time on it. I get sucked into reading reviews about vacuums for hours. Time is money.

Reactions: Beauner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad