OT: Scandy's Rave Party: Pullin' a All-Nighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
f***ing Brad. :laugh:

He and his construction crew tried to call me out this morning about an email I sent to our inspection staff outlining what they need to do. [our inspection staff is there to verify that Brad and his crew perform the work in accordance to our company's specifications] They then tried to threaten me saying that the document I approved is a "legal document" and that anything regarding their work needs to be in this plan. I then told them that everything I typed out in that email is in our 9.1-specification -- which was referenced in the first paragraph of the approved plan. That was that. After the meeting and, I'm assuming, after Brad thought everyone from inspection was gone, he goes "What the hell is 9.1?!"

As I was typing this, their quality control engineer just came over to my trailer to essentially call Brad an idiot. So that's nice. :nod:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The ocean is being a jerk.

iu

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
The ocean is being a jerk.

Why does every recording of live Zep from TSRTS always have such a tendency to focus on Robert Plant's crotch? It had to be a specific directive right? Did Plant hire his urologist to run tape?

Also, I honestly had no idea until right now that Bonham was the one harmonizing the na-na part in this song. +1 Bonzo.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Did you post a link to your blog/vlog/LiveJournal?

Nope, there's not much to link to yet. Also I don't want to be an ex-mod breaking the advertising rule ;)

But since you asked...it will be fragiletraveler.com when it does launch. Yinz'll be the first to know when I go live. Same with YouTube and whatnot. I do have an Instagram that a couple of you have already started to follow (@fragiletraveler) that I'm very slowly dripping some pictures to. I haven't had a chance to go over anything on my 'real' camera yet since I left the damn adapter at home and can't exactly pick up a cheap replacement until I'm in Japan, but it's the future and my phone camera is better than my first DSLR, so...eh.

All of this activity is finally starting to catch up to me, but I certainly won't complain about it waiting until I'm in the open Pacific for that to happen. Vancouver is beautiful and disgustingly photogenic. I have to give it the proper attention it deserves sometime, but I was tired and only there for one real day so I just wandered around downtown, Yaletown, & Gastown.
Sitka...oh me oh my. I could not have asked for better conditions. The rainforest was immaculate with nary a cloud in the sky, ideal temps, and the only thing spoiling near-infinite visibility were mountains and even a couple glaciers. I saw over a dozen whales, a couple otter floats, seals, a tufted puffin colony, seabirds getting too fat to properly fly thanks to the rich waters, a raptor recovery center (Alaska Raptor Center – Rehabilitation. Education. Research.), and a sanctuary for orphaned bears (fortressofthebear.org/) that I was expecting to be fairly depressing but turned out to be extremely heartwarming. Seeing such care taken for these apex predators harmed by humanity was touching and is something I want to do in a later stage of my life.

The rough seas are getting to me, but considering I'm presently in a time zone with a permanent population of 0 I can't exactly be surprised. Tonight we pass the international date line and skip Friday the 13th entirely. Drat. Other than adjusting to the relentless whitecaps causing us to sway in random directions the cruise is absolutely spoiling me. My only on-board complaint is really only a mild one...the only people anywhere near my age on this boat are working on it...and employees fraternizing with guests is an on the spot fireable offense, so I've both been invited to and had that invitation rescinded to numerous entertainers' parties :laugh:. Celebrity tends to skew a bit younger than most 'luxury' liners, but apparently not on 2+ week trips with only a 3 ports between. On the bright side this cruise is more filled with travelers than tourists because of that, so the conversations I've had have almost all been wonderful. The complaint is not with who is on the boat, but rather that I'm consistently being mistaken for an off-duty entertainer :laugh:

edit: And now I've been purple monkey dishwasher'd into a 'Hollywood producer.' Oi.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't get why adults can't act like f***ing adults. I should be used to this by now, but my gf...absolute f***ing worst at putting shit away. She thinks herself to be this super organized human being, she's a god damn slob. Like gross slob. Once I left for a week for work and came back to find pizza boxes under the nightstand, that's f***ing gross.

I go to make a sandwich before I head out and the mayo was left out overnight. IT SAYS KEEP REFRIGERATED ON THE FRONT!

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I don't get why adults can't act like ****ing adults. I should be used to this by now, but my gf...absolute ****ing worst at putting **** away. She thinks herself to be this super organized human being, she's a god damn slob. Like gross slob. Once I left for a week for work and came back to find pizza boxes under the nightstand, that's ****ing gross.

I go to make a sandwich before I head out and the mayo was left out overnight. IT SAYS KEEP REFRIGERATED ON THE FRONT!
This is my life.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
If I was going to pick a day to be consumed by exhaustion and pain, it may as well be the day that we've been stuck navigating a severe tropical storm. I don't believe the winds are being sustained long enough to be classified as a typhoon, but it still managed to knock my sliding balcony door off its track a few minutes ago.

It feels a bit odd to be in the midst of something called a tropical storm when I'm far closer to the Arctic Circle than the tropics, but whatever. This is oddly fun in comparison to the more intermittent waves we had a couple days ago.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
You're living, man!!

A trip isn't an adventure until things go at least a LITTLE pear-shaped!

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
My girlfriend is likely moving away for an entire year. We'd like to stream the same shows at the same time. Are there any apps or browsers for that? Or should we just do our best to hit play at the same time and avoid all interactions? There was a browser called "Rabbit" that apparently no longer exists.

Perhaps Twitch? :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
My girlfriend is likely moving away for an entire year. We'd like to stream the same shows at the same time. Are there any apps or browsers for that? Or should we just do our best to hit play at the same time and avoid all interactions? There was a browser called "Rabbit" that apparently no longer exists.

8 Great Apps to Watch Videos Online with Friends in Real Time - Make Tech Easier

not sure if any of these work, but it's worth a shot

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Why not just let each other know when you've seen it so no spoilers and then you can discuss it?

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Anyone play NHL20 on PS4? Hit me up : xboxpenguins23

I'm addicted to EASHL 3s..

We used to have an HF Pens team on 360, good times.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I want to get NHL20, but the mode I love the most is Be a Pro and EA has grossly neglected Be a Pro. I don't think I've had a NHL game since like NHL 14, and until they actually improve Be a Pro mode, I probably won't change that.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal

Only Rabbit I know is the one your girlfriend will be using whilst away ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad