Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Continue

Last few posts:

My gf hates the movie and after reading my comics, has stuck to hating it.

She mocks me for playing video games and being into them, then asks me to find her all the books for The Witcher series so she can read them because she has a hard on for Cavill.

Yet we guys are pervs.

I just got all the Witcher audiobooks. I also own all the games. I've yet to read or play any of them. Actually I played some of the first game way back in the day. I need to get on that.

Hopefully the series is good.

I've only played 2, not 3 and even that I played for like 45mins and she just happened to be sitting and watching. Later around the time I had finally even played that much, news of Cavill being cast as Geralt hit the news and she was suddenly a huge fan of the ****ing story out of nowhere.

I'm still only 40% of the way through Red Dead Redemption 2. I've had that game for like 10~ months now.

Did you see Cavill in the wig and clean shaven look? It looks hilariously bad.

He looks fine in the trailer imo

If the adaption involves a lose-lose scenario, maybe it's a sign that it shouldn't be done.

Admittedly I am way more grumpy about these things than I should be and I quite liked Watchmen, but I'd prefer it if they were far more cautious about adaptions than they were. Also, if they'd waited and made it now as a mini-series, that would been by far the best chance it had.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
In other news, I've started doing yoga classes at the gym and it's become clear that my muscles are about as flexible as concrete. I don't care for this growing old business.

I bought me a yoga mat recently because I've been getting bored with my current exercises. Went to YouTube for a beginner video (Yoga with Adrienne) and couldn't even do the first pose. Which is sit cross legged. :laugh:

Damn knee surgery.

Reactions: EightyOne

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I bought me a yoga mat recently because I've been getting bored with my current exercises. Went to YouTube for a beginner video (Yoga with Adrienne) and couldn't even do the first pose. Which is sit cross legged. :laugh:

Damn knee surgery.

I can barely do that myself :laugh:. Or anything involved with getting up on my tip toes or balancing on my right leg. That's just the birth defects - everything else is me being heavy and stiff. Still fun though. Find a class with a good teacher, they'll see you through the things you have to adapt.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
All of the high level judo and sambo dudes I know do yoga. It’s great. I do it when I have time before tournaments.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I can barely do that myself :laugh:. Or anything involved with getting up on my tip toes or balancing on my right leg. That's just the birth defects - everything else is me being heavy and stiff. Still fun though. Find a class with a good teacher, they'll see you through the things you have to adapt.

This is the key to so many things, really.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
So a guy at my work had one of his best friends kill herself because she secretly loved him and nobody knew about it and he kept talking about his ex and she could not take it anymore. Left a 3 page suicide note and 1 page had "I love you" over and over again to fill up the page.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
So a guy at my work had one of his best friends kill herself because she secretly loved him and nobody knew about it and he kept talking about his ex and she could not take it anymore. Left a 3 page suicide note and 1 page had "I love you" over and over again to fill up the page.

There was probably more than the "in love with a co-worker" thing but damn that's terrible.

I'm no mental health expert but it sounds like she should have talked to him about it. And then other people.

Work relationships or flings are very complicated. Best not to get obsessed over one.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
There was probably more than the "in love with a co-worker" thing but damn that's terrible.

I'm no mental health expert but it sounds like she should have talked to him about it. And then other people.

Work relationships or flings are very complicated. Best not to get obsessed over one.

Oh she was a friend of his from outside of work, only know her because he sometimes talks about her. I agree, work relationships are complicated which is why I stay away from that stuff.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
In other news, I've started doing yoga classes at the gym and it's become clear that my muscles are about as flexible as concrete. I don't care for this growing old business.
I've been doing Yoga for the last 8yrs, it's been great. Glad you've decided to do it as well.

Oh and Watchmen, it is being made into a show, so it's finally being done the way it should be.

Reactions: Peat

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Oh she was a friend of his from outside of work, only know her because he sometimes talks about her. I agree, work relationships are complicated which is why I stay away from that stuff.

That's sad dude. I mean the guy was oblivious and if she had worked up the courage to even tell him, maybe she'd still be around but it seems like there was a ton more going on with her than just that and she really needed help. Sorry to hear man.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I've been doing Yoga for the last 8yrs, it's been great. Glad you've decided to do it as well.

Oh and Watchmen, it is being made into a show, so it's finally being done the way it should be.

The show is set decades after events in the original story. Just FYI.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The show is set decades after events in the original story. Just FYI.
Which honestly, it's the right way to go. The last thing you want is a full season wasted on what was already known and made, even in the Comics, they've decided to progress the story again and that's fine, they can take it down a new path and with the right show runners, it can be fantastic.

The issue people have is comparing it to source material and whining about it. This remedies that a little.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
So I know that Max Landis is toxic now because of the accusations that have been made against him, but I still think that Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency rises up to one of my favorite shows ever.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So I know that Max Landis is toxic now because of the accusations that have been made against him, but I still think that Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency rises up to one of my favorite shows ever.
The guy has been toxic and people have known about it for like 7yrs or longer but have finally come out and said things.

Edit: Apparently he has some serious mental issues and has had them for a long time, paired with a messed up personality to begin with, that's a toxic combination.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
(checks for fashion talk..... none found)

ColePens leaves the chat.
So that wedding I went to, my gf was all dolled up and looking fantastic and I decided to bust out a blazer I have been dying to wear but needed the right summer wedding venue. The whole night, I kept getting compliments from guys and gals and she was like "What the f***, how are you getting compliments and no one has said a single thing about my outfit?"

MY TIME TO PEACOCK WOMAN!

Reactions: ColePens

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

I have not searched for what you mean, but, the dude has seemed like a giant douche bag turd f*** typical hollywood kid who thinks he can get away with anyting because his family did something in the past.

Totally not surprised with whatever I might find googling now.

In regards to people being victims...I dunno, but everyone seems unhinged in the entertainment industry and...they know what is going down...doesn't excuse it, but they know....they all know.

*edit: just searched. yup. sounds about right. sucks for everyone involved but the first couple vids i ever saw of him made me cringe in a 'not sure this guy is safe to trust' way.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
So that wedding I went to, my gf was all dolled up and looking fantastic and I decided to bust out a blazer I have been dying to wear but needed the right summer wedding venue. The whole night, I kept getting compliments from guys and gals and she was like "What the ****, how are you getting compliments and no one has said a single thing about my outfit?"

MY TIME TO PEACOCK WOMAN!

HAHA. Typical. When you TRY you will fail.

Can't swing for a home run or you'll never get it.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Someone made a mistake at UPS that resulted in about ~$10,500 of my medication being delivered to some random address in LA despite the pharmacy having only my actual address on file, so that's fun.

In better news...nephew time has been great so far and Kennywood awaits tomorrow.

I have not searched for what you mean, but, the dude has seemed like a giant *****e bag turd **** typical hollywood kid who thinks he can get away with anyting because his family did something in the past.

In regards to people being victims...I dunno, but everyone seems unhinged in the entertainment industry and...they know what is going down...doesn't excuse it, but they know....they all know.

*edit: just searched. yup. sounds about right. sucks for everyone involved but the first couple vids i ever saw of him made me cringe in a 'not sure this guy is safe to trust' way.

I've met him a couple times and...just...yeah. Even if you ignore the fact that he's probably the skeeziest person I've ever met, he also has the biggest ego I've encountered in my time in the orbit of Hollywood.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I have not searched for what you mean, but, the dude has seemed like a giant *****e bag turd **** typical hollywood kid who thinks he can get away with anyting because his family did something in the past.

He's definitely one of those entitled wankbuckets. But also, dude has some serious mental issues on top of being a vile piece of crap.

The tough thing about all of this in hollywood is that people hear about the allegations before any actual facts and then when it's found to be false, we never hear about it being false, just the allegations. So while there are turds like this roaming around and rightfully need to be in trouble, there are also countless guys that are being screwed over by people for gain and when that is found to be true (that it was for extortion) we never hear about it because that's not news, it's all men are monsters, all of them, even if some of them aren't guilty.

Reactions: EightyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad