OT: Scandy's Rave Party: Pullin' a All-Nighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The worst people are always upset about **** they don't understand, more at 11.

Anyway...this was a really, really weird night that very nearly left me completely lost with a dead cell phone in a city/country without street names.

Smart phones are an amazing thing...but if you rely exclusively on them it's quite easy to get ****ed when your battery decides to go from 66% to dead in record time. Good thing I bailed on the last subway of the night (what kind of city known for its nightlife ends public transportation at midnight on a Saturday night?) in order to order a hideously overpriced Uber Black right before my battery died. I'd have had no hope of finding my place without it with the language barrier coupled with this being my first day in Osaka.

And good thing the building code in this unmanned hotel was my dad's old debit pin :laugh:
source.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I went snorkeling with stingrays this morning, I think that's the coolest thing I've ever done on a vacation. The stingrays act like aquatic cats as they climb all over you :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Man, I tried to watch that Hobbs & Shaw movie for something stupid but fun to watch, it was so god awful. Like, why would you get greenlit for that movie?

Also, that whole series makes no f***ing sense. The dude killed one of their best friends, now he's like their homie?

Let me guess, a Dom BBQ about "FAMILY" and some shitty Corona's?

I went snorkeling with stingrays this morning, I think that's the coolest thing I've ever done on a vacation. The stingrays act like aquatic cats as they climb all over you :laugh:
You better have punched one for Steve, those bastards.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I'm pretty sure snorkeling with sting rays is an awesome band name/album name

Also maybe a euphemism in an S&M club

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Got given warm brandy to end on at an Indian.

Why?

It was f***ing grim. Like paint stripper

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So the CEO of JUUL or whomever it is, resigned. Because a few people died. I don't vape. But a few people died, the percentage is probably nominal at best.

The funniest thing is that - It's news.

Hey guys, remember that other thing people like to do? Smoke Tobacco? That thing that has killed thousands maybe millions of people and is continuing to kill people? Lol, tobacco is loving that vaping is taking up all the news and they aren't getting talked about right now. Oh and a Tobacco dude took over for Juul. I can't stop laughing at this, it's ridiculous how people are tripping out at the deaths its causing but apparently they've become so numb to the deaths alcohol or tobacco cause.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Lol I was thinking about this the other day and I find it hilarious too. According to the CDC:
  • Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lol I was thinking about this the other day and I find it hilarious too. According to the CDC:
  • Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day.
But..but...Juul/vaping killed like 50-60 people man...WON'T YOU THINK ABOUT THE HUMANITY IN ALL OF THIS!?

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I think it is the fact that smoking makes you look cool.

Vaping makes you look like a moron.

Therefore, in the scheme of things, vaping is worse.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think part of it is that vaping was being specifically marketed as the safe alternative to smoking.
I mean, technically...since it's become a thing, there's been like what, 50-60 confirmed deaths because of it?

Meanwhile smoking tobacco literally kills hundreds of thousands of people per year.

It's a good sale/death ratio.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I mean, technically...since it's become a thing, there's been like what, 50-60 confirmed deaths because of it?

Meanwhile smoking tobacco literally kills hundreds of thousands of people per year.

It's a good sale/death ratio.
but when your whole thing is that your thing doesn't kill people like the thing you are trying to replace, it's still a bad look. At this point everyone knows smoking kills. They basically have to label them as poison. Vaping doesn't have to do that because it's supposed to not kill people.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
but when your whole thing is that your thing doesn't kill people like the thing you are trying to replace, it's still a bad look. At this point everyone knows smoking kills. They basically have to label them as poison. Vaping doesn't have to do that because it's supposed to not kill people.
What is the issue again? The Vitamin E in it or something like that, right? The thing that makes these idiots have those stupid white clouds when they puff?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Cigarette smoking is still a thing in Japan and it's driving me a little crazy. Just absolutely disgusting to be around and I'll never understand the 'cool' factor...I don't hold it against smokers for being lied to/pressured into it, I just don't get it. All of the smokers I grew up around are dead now, so...I mean...that's kind of a hell of an anti-smoking ad in itself.

Anyway...into things Japan does better...takoyaki is my new favorite food. I'm usually weary of 'cool' districts, but Dotonbori definitely lived up to the hype. Especially once the sun set and I started listening to the Blade Runner soundtrack while walking up and down the canal. Heading to Kyoto tomorrow to wander around Gion (geisha district) and hike up to the Fushimi Inari Shrine.

Hiroshima on Tuesday. I can't say I'm looking forward to that part, but it's an absolute necessity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad