OT: Scandy's Rave Party: Pullin' a All-Nighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
There HAS to be fog!!!!

More rain than fog, but the clouds are absurdly low, so I can just see across the street to a row of abandoned buildings that clearly haven't had a new coat of paint since the 60s and there is nothing going on aside from the 80s pop coming from the kitchen in this coffee shop.

I'm in a place that translates to Hell Valley and was immediately greeted out of the train station by a giant demon with a club and pierced septum, so...yeah. If I hear an air raid siren I just want you all to know that I love you and I always kinda hoped this would be the way I go.

Death by Pyramid Head while Everybody Wants to Rule the World plays diagetically.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Does paralegal need full suit or is there no real expectation of "nicer" work wear?

It depends. If you are going to court, then you should definitely wear a suit and tie. Office casual is good for... the office. However, it would be in your best interest to dress for business if you are meeting with clients.

Reactions: EightyOne

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sitting in what appears to be the town from Silent Hill while Steve Winwood blasts from the kitchen.

If I die here at least I know I'll find a higher love.

giphy.gif

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I am going to sleep the rest of the month away when I get home.

Exhaustion is a horrible bitch goddess that inexplicably won't let me sleep.

Speaking of horrible bitch goddesses, Hell Valley is nice and f***ing hilarious as someone who grew up in a devout family. Something about seeing devils from Hell being treated as good luck charms just makes me so happy.

Onsens are not the best thing ever, but only because naked Japanese salarymen are not quite as entertaining as drunken Finns in a sauna are. Otherwise...yeah, it's a must do experience in my book. The only downside has been that Autumn should be peaking here right now...but a shockingly (...) warm summer means that the leaves are only starting to change and this feels absurdly primordial, rather than the multi-colored wonderland I was hoping for.

On the bright side my screenname feels oddly literal here.
giphy.gif

(these one-size fits all sandals have clearly never met a 5'7" American...)

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Seeing Washington v Carolina later. Anyone been to Capital One before? I'm in the 110's

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Seeing Washington v Carolina later. Anyone been to Capital One before? I'm in the 110's

My brother has. He's got beer thrown on him and have had people get in his face.

Probably because he was wearing a Pens jersey. And, believe it or not, he's not a jerk like me so he probably didn't deserve it.

But I'm sure you'll have fun.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
My brother has. He's got beer thrown on him and have had people get in his face.

Probably because he was wearing a Pens jersey. And, believe it or not, he's not a jerk like me so he probably didn't deserve it.

But I'm sure you'll have fun.

Glad we're not playing then :laugh:

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I’ve gone a couple times. Caps fans are pretty annoying. Washington has a ton of transplants and I get a really strong bandwagon vibe from the Caps fanbase. I am sure some of them are legit though. It doesn’t help that a majority of the games I have been too the Pens looked like shit.

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
F YOU NETFLIX!

THEY CANCELLED BOJACK!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I lived in DC for 5 years roughly 2009-2014ish. Went to about 10 games and about 4 or 5 Pens Caps games. What you wanna know?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
F YOU NETFLIX!

THEY CANCELLED BOJACK!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Wait, what?

God damn it, they keep canceling the only shows I watch on there in favor of buying big budget shit you couldn't pay me to watch.

There's basically nothing left I want to watch being made anymore. And people wonder why I lost my passion to write TV...f***ing hell.

Reactions: shoplifter

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
No longer use Netflix.

They have no direction.

Just shotgunning new shows and movies and stuff and putting resources into NEXT!!! rather than what they already have.

I get that they are trying to constantly hook new audiences. But it grew old for me.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Wait, what?

God damn it, they keep canceling the only shows I watch on there in favor of buying big budget **** you couldn't pay me to watch.

There's basically nothing left I want to watch being made anymore. And people wonder why I lost my passion to write TV...****ing hell.
I know!
I don't know how I saw the tiny article saying BoJack got canned (before the season even aired):
I think I was reading an Aaron Paul (sp?) article on the new Breaking Bad movie releasing and he mentioned BoJack's cancellation and I literally just spat expletives out of nowhere while sitting quietly reading new articles heh.

That show is/was fantastic. I'm furious.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
No longer use Netflix.

They have no direction.

Just shotgunning new shows and movies and stuff and putting resources into NEXT!!! rather than what they already have.

I get that they are trying to constantly hook new audiences. But it grew old for me.

I know and it is so frustrating.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Executives are garbage. Period.

Real talk, you have no idea how right this is, especially in the industry. :laugh:

Aside, my girl and I are buying our tickets home for the holidays. Our tickets from PIT to Taipei? $600. Our tickets from Taipei to Prague? $500. The cheapest ticket I can find to PIT from Prague is $1000 per person. :laugh: :cry:

Insane. Anyone have a preferred airline booking site into PIT? Who are the major airlines that fly into Pittsburgh anyway these days?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Excuse me sir, but who the **** you think you are calling stew a soup?
I done goofed, though at the moment there are no potatoes or carrots so I think it's a high enough liquid to solid ratio to still be soup. It will become a stew in about half an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad