Saying goodbye to Fugu - Update: Obituary in OP

Kristia

Old folks home..
Mar 10, 2006
Tampa Bay Area....
Dammit, I don’t even know where to begin on this.

I remember when she first became a mod, then all the years we were admins together.

We butted heads...a lot. Both of us being very strong willed women, we had some epic battles with each other over the years. But, we also shared quite a few laughs. At the end of the day we always had respect for each other.

In the years since I left the mod ranks, we’ve had conversations about Stevie Y. And shared jokes about our teams playing against each other in the playoffs.

Barb gave a lot to this community on HF. She cared a great deal for everyone she worked and came into contact with.

This one hurts. She will be missed.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Damn, just awful news. She put up with a lot of shit back in the hay day of the lounge and I thank her for that. I'm sure we wore her patience thin plenty of times, but no matter how dumb an argument or a PM you sent to her, she'd take time to respond.

She was a great admin and one that will definitely be missed by the community.

Condolences

-FG33

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Well said all... those who have posted & those that will follow.... couldnt agree more with your sentiments. She & I were very close indeed, sharing laughter & joy, tears & sorrow, everything imaginable beyond just our mutual love for the game and business of hockey & its history. Working very very closely together for many a year. I knew what was happening, coming, but that really doesnt help much as others have noted.

To so many she was like a Mother Hen, touching peoples lives in meaningful & almost always wonderful ways. She was for many years the glue that held this place together & for that, we all owe her a huge debt of gratitude & thanks. Rare combination of serious IQ, intellect, perception, critical thought, objectivity, empathy, kindness & generosity.... She pushed people to be their best, to think things through critically, analytically. Professor/Student. Absolutely brilliant mind.

She gave it her best shot, always feisty, a fighter but Cancer..... odious killer that takes so very often the best & brightest and here we are yet again. Life, I'm afraid at times... just so unfair..... Godspeed Barbara.... soon all will be revealed... the wonder & beauty of life, of everlasting energy, a journey that is neverending, infinite..... So not farewell but adieu, for we'll meet again. And... thank you. Drop by anytime. I'll know when your around Kiddo... DSOM mysteriously echoing through the old Tannoys..... the sound of a Didgeridoo wafting through a summers breeze....

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
She gave it her best shot, always feisty, a fighter but Cancer..... odious killer that takes so very often the best & brightest and here we are yet again. Life, I'm afraid at times... just so unfair..... Godspeed Barbara.... soon all will be revealed... the wonder & beauty of life, of everlasting energy, a journey that is neverending, infinite..... So not farewell but adieu, for we'll meet again. And... thank you. Drop by anytime. I'll know when your around Kiddo... DSOM mysteriously echoing through the old Tannoys..... the sound of a Didgeridoo wafting through a summers breeze....
Damn. :(

skullguise

Nov 13, 2007
North Andover, MA
Have only read her postings, but as many have said the sense of who she was shown through. And given the respect and wonderful words here, my eyes did not deceive.

Having said goodbye to cancer patients but blessed that my wife is a survivor, I can only wish her Peace, and send all love, warmth, and best wishes to her family and friends.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This Is truly sad news. Feel terrible. Fugu helped me big time a couple of years back when I was down in the dumps here and learned to just be a better poster and not take things so damn personal here. Really was a life lesson you taught me and not an Internet forum one. Thank you.

My best to Fugu’s family! Will be in my prayers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad