Saying goodbye to Fugu - Update: Obituary in OP

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This news came as a shock, and a terrible one at that.

Thank you, dear friend, for everything you’ve done. Your friendship and assistance were more invaluable than you could ever imagine, your character and integrity second to none.

I will miss you dearly. And I’m sure I won’t be the only one.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Without even knowing her, this hits very close to home and genuinely made me sad.

I remember when my father passed away from cancer 2 years ago and some relatives came too see him in hospice the day before he passed away.

When they left, it was so hard to hear them say "Take care" and not "I hope you get well and we will see you again".

Realising that all hope is gone and that death is the only outcome, is something at least I am not wired to be able to comprehend or deal with.

This is terrible news....

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Barb's heart would be warmed if she could see these comments - she poured her heart and soul into this forum, and I think that everyone who came in contact with her was better off in the exchange.

Although it's not going to be as much fun working here without her presence, it's going to be rewarding to try to even partially fill her shoes and continue working in the spirit of what she's helped to build.

Thanks to all who have commented so far - it means a lot.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Wow, this is just awful.

I never had much interaction with her but I do know from those who did that she was a great person and a very fair mod. Based on the comments in this thread, it seems like she was so much more than that. I hope her suffering is minimized and that she can find peace soon. Either way, her legacy will live on forever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->