Recalled/Assigned: Sandin is up

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Go with defence pairing as they could be next year...

Marincin/Ceci Barrie 20 min
Dermott Holl 20 min
Sandin Liljegren 20 min

Also, we play our 4th line 3 min, we can dress 11 forwards.

Hyman Matthews Marner 20 min
Kerfoot Tavares Nylander 20 min
Johnsson Engvall Kapanen 15 min
Spezza Gauthier 8 min​

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
If he gets an extended look he's going to grab a spot. Not sure if Dubas is hoping to just use him a couple of games and make a trade or not. But if he's burning a year, he'll be staying to gain playoff experience (if we make it) I would presume. They've gotten someone's feet wet every year for playoff hockey. Kapanen, then Johnsson/Dermott, Moore. Sandin gets a chance to shine and Dubas' will have to start aggressively shopping a guy like Ceci. One of Sandin or Dermott can play their off side. Most teams don't have perfect righty lefty balance on the back end so no biggy

Reactions: 18leafsfan18

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
If he gets an extended look he's going to grab a spot. Not sure if Dubas is hoping to just use him a couple of games and make a trade or not. But if he's burning a year, he'll be staying to gain playoff experience (if we make it) I would presume. They've gotten someone's feet wet every year for playoff hockey. Kapanen, then Johnsson/Dermott, Moore. Sandin gets a chance to shine and Dubas' will have to start aggressively shopping a guy like Ceci. One of Sandin or Dermott can play their off side. Most teams don't have perfect righty lefty balance on the back end so no biggy

IMO if he plays that 5th game, makes no sense to send him down. Unless he can't keep up (I don't think this will happen).

Reactions: Nylander88

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Lol go easy on people who pretend to know stuff about a player they don't watch:laugh:

I don't get to watch Marlies as much as I would like but I have always followed the farm club a lot. Used to watch them live any chance I got going on 40+ years now. I remember when media was saying our farm club had never won and thinking "not true, they won as the New Brunswick Hawks....I was watching". I suppose in somewhat fairness that was a split club with Chicago.

Reactions: stickty111

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Oh so your fact was fabricated. Goes well with your display of knowledge on all star selection and the whole sidedness thing but do keep going.

To be fair I actually meant to write best defenceman not MVP, but I did read many considered him the MVP of the tournament. So yah, no. And what are you talking about all-star selection?

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Always saw star potential from him. He just needs more experience and he will be better in his own zone. He already looks like one of best offensive defenceman with the amount of said players we have.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Always saw star potential from him. He just needs more experience and he will be better in his own zone. He already looks like one of best offensive defenceman with the amount of said players we have.

Yeah he looks amazing. He's confident, but he could still use some at the NHL level. Once he gets there he's going to be amazing his poise with the puck is unparralleled.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Really nice game. The defensive play will come, but his poise and creativity is really needed.

douggieg

Sep 11, 2019
I got a feeling about this Sandin. He is gonna be a smooth operator for years to come!

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
He kind of reminds me of Kaberle but with a better shot. Good transition game and he has the IQ to become a 2way D. He has 1D potential, just hope he reaches it. Going to need him, Lilly and Robertson to become NHLers to continue the core's life span.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
He kind of reminds me of Kaberle but with a better shot. Good transition game and he has the IQ to become a 2way D. He has 1D potential, just hope he reaches it. Going to need him, Lilly and Robertson to become NHLers to continue the core's life span.
Kaberle had a great shot...but never f***in used it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad