Recalled/Assigned: Sandin is up

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
source.gif

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Marincin > Ceci, therefore Liljegren should have been called up.

But since there's probably a reason to keep playing Ceci for trade value reasons, I think this is the start of the Sandin and Liljegren era.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
We had to do something. Our defense last night was brutal. Ceci and Marty OMG OMG OMG. and then Barrie OMG OMG OMG. Rielly is struggling too with Barrie. Holl and Dermy ok but that should be our 3rd pair. Maybe Holl on 2nd pair with Muzzy works ok. Our defense is in real bad shape right now.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
Sandin will most likely be playing with plugs (Marincin or Ceci). The last thing we need is destroying the kids' confidence playing alongside one of them.

The question is who does he play with.....

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Meh. I don’t like burning the year. We need every thing we can get.

sandin is more than the same. Lily is the one who should be up. He has put in his time.

Reactions: Carltons Cup

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Sandin will most likely be playing with plugs (Marincin or Ceci). The last thing we need is destroying the kids' confidence playing alongside one of them.

The question is who does he play with.....
There is not much we can do about that issue right now ... he is in sink or swim mode ... but agree with you it makes me sick that we are putting these young guys in these terrible positions

Reactions: Carltons Cup

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
Meh. I don’t like burning the year. We need every thing we can get.

sandin is more than the same. Lily is the one who should be up. He has put in his time.
I agree. At this point, I'd rather see Lily. If we burn a year on Sandin, don't we have to expose an extra defenseman in the expansion draft?

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Called it.

I think the team is going to ride it out until the All-Star break if they have to waiting on Muzzin. He's due back mid-January I last read, so it should be soon. We've got 4 games between now and the start of the break. If Muzzin is still hurt and the Leafs are desperate because Marincin proves to be super incapable on Sunday, they should call up Sandin for the remaining 3 games before the break and he'll still be at 9 games so this year won't count on towards his ELC.

After that debacle last night we certainly are desperate. Question now is do they run Sandin-Holl or do they put Holl with Dermott and stick Sandin with Ceci?

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
I think you see Ceci moved ASAP for Liljegren to take his spot. I think Dubas might be realising something needs to be done ASAP regarding this defense or else we're not going anywhere

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
I think you see Ceci moved ASAP for Liljegren to take his spot. I think Dubas might be realising something needs to be done ASAP regarding this defense or else we're not going anywhere
I'm not too sure about that. Muzzin will be back soon. Starting 2 rookie defensemen isn't a recipe for success...at least not this year.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
gonna burn that ELC. Hey, it's the right call and I know they didn't want to burn that.

So kudos for showing some balls :) But I think it will be wasted on this season

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad