News: Samson reinhart looking to move on

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Correction - none of them are rumored; theyre all outspoken.
Correction..Risto says he would stay or go,Reinhart said he doesn't want a rebuild and Eichel said he is sick of not making playoffs.You can speculate all you want at least get it right

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Correction..Risto says he would stay or go,Reinhart said he doesn't want a rebuild and Eichel said he is sick of not making playoffs.You can speculate all you want at least get it right

I mean Risto said it was playoffs or bust but to me that's a more than just ultimatum. Even Risto wants out imho

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Sounds like he wants to come to Vancity or death so puts Sabres in bad negotiating position but it is what it is:

To Buff: Pearson, Juolevi, Virtanen, Chatty, 2022 5th round pick

To Vancity: Rinehart, cond. 2022 3rd round pick (becomes 4th if Vancity misses playoffs), 2021 4th round pick

Then next season Canucks could rock three decent lines finally

Hogly Pettersson Boeser
Miller Horvat Podz
Motte Rinehart Lind
Gad Graovac Macewan

Wonderful collection of stuff you dont want.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Of course the Sabres would prefer 1st + Hoglander.

Given my preference for a severe tank next season, I'd take Loui to chew up salary cap.

2021 1st
Hoglander
Loui
Virtanen
Juolevi

Virtanen and Juolevi as players Vancouver probably doesn't miss or value much, but would make a Sabres tank roster next season. Upgrade Podkolzin to Hoglander, and we take Loui's salary?

Edit: Would add the Bruins 2nd rounder we have this year to balance it out.

No interest in Virtanen, Juolevi or taking on that shit contract Eriksson. 1st, Hoglander, Jet Woo, 2nd.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Eichel said basically that he had no choice but to play through his injury because his contract did not give him a choice or control over going for surgery and that it was ownership making him play injured. then he mentioned getting ready for next year...."wherever that may be"

He wants out.

Springfield Isotopes

Dec 9, 2018
Sharangovic Hughes Reinhard
Zacha Hichier Bratt
Holtz Boqvist Killorn
Wood Macleod Johnson/ Bastian

1st rounder(NYI) Foote or Koukonen and D prospect for Sam Reinhard

Reactions: Smitty426

valente317

Jun 4, 2014
This might not be something people want to hear because Buffalo is a dumpster fire and all — i think I read that Eichel had a herniated disc and disagreed over surgery, but surgery isn’t the first line treatment for a herniated disc, especially in an elite athlete. I imagine Buffalo probably didn’t want to risk permanent disability for their superstar, which is not an uncommon effect of neck surgery. Eichel is probably using that as a cover story for just wanting to get out of the endless misery of playing for a losing franchise.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Eichel said basically that he had no choice but to play through his injury because his contract did not give him a choice or control over going for surgery and that it was ownership making him play injured. then he mentioned getting ready for next year...."wherever that may be"

He wants out.

He did not say that at all. This isn't true.

P10p

May 15, 2012
This might not be something people want to hear because Buffalo is a dumpster fire and all — i think I read that Eichel had a herniated disc and disagreed over surgery, but surgery isn’t the first line treatment for a herniated disc, especially in an elite athlete. I imagine Buffalo probably didn’t want to risk permanent disability for their superstar, which is not an uncommon effect of neck surgery. Eichel is probably using that as a cover story for just wanting to get out of the endless misery of playing for a losing franchise.

You're a little late with the hot take there friend....

RavenGuard

Feb 20, 2020
The North
Even during the bleakest of times in Edmonton we didn't have this level of suck going on with top end players all but saying they wanted out.

My condolences Sabers Nation.

Last edited:

AdvancedPressure

Jan 19, 2021
Canucks could put something together. Virtanen, 2nd, maybe throw in a guy like Eriksson or something to provide veteran leadership to the Sabres :sarcasm:

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010

The Sabres' medical staff, and the second opinion both recommended pt, which is what he is doing right now. Eichel had to go to multiple doctors before he found one to recommend a surgery that I don't think has even been approved in the US. So Eichel is a bit out to lunch on this one.

Just for further clarification.

Reactions: RavenGuard

RavenGuard

Feb 20, 2020
The North
Please come to San Jose. He'd fit the team like a glove. He'd have every opportunity to become a top 6 centre with the Sharks, since we're unsure about Hertl or Couture's future and both guys play LW well too.
SJ needs to stop pretending they're a relevant team and start the rebuild. No point in dragging the starting process out. Unless you enjoy being a middle of the Pack team for the next 5-7 years and then starting a rebuild.

Reactions: Paddys Pub

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
It feels weird seeing all those Sabre players complaining about rebuild and sucking. Why did they play so bad? This team shouldn't have been as bad as it is. A large part of the blame is on the players imo

bertuzzi2bure

Apr 14, 2021
Canucks wont trade for him. They will likely just take their chances and wait for him to get to UFA status.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad