News: Samson reinhart looking to move on

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Offensively maybe.

But he was the 2nd worst F on the team in xGA. I won't blame him for being a -28, but Eichel, Riley Sheehan and Mittelstadt were all better in that stat.. suggesting (or at least opening up the "has he really proven it?" argument) that he is not best suited at playing against #1Cs and top competition like other #1Cs have to do.

I'm not worried about Reinhart's defense. It's not his selling point and coming from the Sabres you should expect some garish against numbers. The scoring though is not likely to remain #1C caliber. He pretty much just had hot shooting down the stretch - something like 13 goals on his last 51 shots, and not great assist totals. Not that I'd expect great scoring in that situation, but it's also not like Reinhart has some other sample as #1C that we can point to. This was it and it doesn't look like something he'll do again.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Just spitballing ideas but I wouldn’t mind this from the Wings perspective

Wings send their first (6-8th)

for

Reinhart
Okposo as a cap dump (with some retained)

Again, unsure how bad they want Okposo off the books as they won’t have a need for much cap space, but could be something to consider if Pegula is looking to recoup some cash. Too much, too little?

Last edited:

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I don't know why any Sabres fan would buy a jersey right now. They don't deserve a penny of the fans money until they give them a team worth their time.

If I bought a jersey I’d get it from a complete Chinese bootleg site. Or I’d get a jersey of those random players that pop up during a season. Like my boy Steven Fogarty.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

for

Reinhart
Okposo as a cap dump

Again, unsure how bad they want Okposo off the books as they won’t have a need for much cap space, but could be something to consider if Pegula is looking to recoup some cash. Too much, too little?

I imagine Buffalo takes that in a heartbeat, don't really know why Detroit would do that though unless they really, really like Reinhart.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

for

Reinhart
Okposo as a cap dump (with some retained)

No thanks, Okposo lessens Reinharts value, I wouldn't give up the 6th to 8th overall pick for Reinhart much alone adding Okposo to the deal.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
For all those that embrace tanking, this is what you have the possibility of ending up with. Don't do it, it's not fun.

Well for starters you need to be able to draft and develop players beyond the first round, also you need an actual front office and not a trophy wife who has never managed anything in her life calling all the shots for your org

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Lol or players that want to live and play in Buffalo
Winning changes everything. Buffalo is a pretty decent place with a lot of character and potential. Kinda weird and awesome at the same time - it's like no place else. You could do worse.

The Buffalo Bills have no trouble landing free agents or getting good football players to take team-friendly contracts. If the Sabres hire a decent coach and GM and make some progress, all these "who wants to play in Buffalo" conversations go away.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I'd like to see the Oilers acquire Reinhart. He'd play on the 2nd line, probably on the wing where Nuge plays now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00