News: Samson reinhart looking to move on

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Why is it hilarious? This season proved he could handle the role and produce.
Offensively maybe.

But he was the 2nd worst F on the team in xGA. I won't blame him for being a -28, but Eichel, Riley Sheehan and Mittelstadt were all better in that stat.. suggesting (or at least opening up the "has he really proven it?" argument) that he is not best suited at playing against #1Cs and top competition like other #1Cs have to do.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Basically Sam is a guy who can probably get 80 or so points as a top center or 70 points on the wing if your team can't use him as a center and can move there if someone gets hurt so his value should be pretty high atm always has been improving his production totals every year.
I’ve actually gotten this feeling as well from watching him play at the end of the season. But, it was a small sample size, so what makes you think this? There’s not much there sttistically that would allude to that. Was he that much better down the middle than on the wing?

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I’ve actually gotten this feeling as well from watching him play at the end of the season. But, it was a small sample size, so what makes you think this? There’s not much there sttistically that would allude to that. Was he that much better down the middle than on the wing?
he was but i'm also expecting this if he's playing on a top line all season and with more capable linemates than the Sabres would give him. Having Eichel with him is ok but not great since he gets stuck on wing and plays simply much more passive when he is with him.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Offensively maybe.

But he was the 2nd worst F on the team in xGA. I won't blame him for being a -28, but Eichel, Riley Sheehan and Mittelstadt were all better in that stat.. suggesting (or at least opening up the "has he really proven it?" argument) that he is not best suited at playing against #1Cs and top competition like other #1Cs have to do.
Ahh yes expected goals

Where Carter Verhaeghe is better than McDavid offensively and Bellemare is the best defensive player in the league.

Reactions: bleedgreen

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
You know what team would trade for Reinhart thinking he was a #1 centre lock? The Sabres. LOL. No one else.

I think the Sharks would love to trade for him, knowing that he is a lock for a top 6 C role. He may never become a top 5 center in the league, but he certainly would be the top center for a lot of teams. For team teal, adding him would give us three, really good 2nd line centers (some would argue three 1B centers). That kind of depth would go a long way, barring drafting a franchise 1C.

I will reiterate an earlier post of mine, Meier for Reinhart. Change of scenery trade. This assumes each team knows the ask for an extension in term and time. (Reinhart this offseason, Meier next). My assumption for Reinhart is 7.5 times 7 would be the ask. (I think 7 x 7 would be about what we could settle on). Is my $ and term inline with what those that watch him more closely think it would take?

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
What I'm saying is no team would be stupid enough to value him as a centre after 15 good games following years of failure at centre. He's a solid top 6. A centre. Jury is out. (Remember when Buffalo paid a winger a fortune to be a centre? Cough cough. Leino.)
Years of failure at centre? What are you talking about? He was never tried at centre except for two games 4 years ago with two minor leaguers on his wing.I get your trying to.make a point but the facts and a total picture need to be inserted in your point.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Oilers should offer:

2021 1st + 2022 1st + Lavoie + Neal (to even out the cap, strictly a dump)

for

Extended Sam Reinhart

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Are the Sabres bad because of Reinhart or is Reinhart bad because of the sabres? Serious inquiry

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Are the Sabres bad because of Reinhart or is Reinhart bad because of the sabres? Serious inquiry

The kid has had four consecutive 20 goal seasons. This year, 25+15A for 40 pts in 54 games. Yeah, his plus minus is through the floor, but given how bad the Sabres have been in recent times, that is not on him. Answer to your question is, Reinhart is not bad. (and I have zero skin in this game, so don't assume I am a homer.)

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I think the Sharks would love to trade for him, knowing that he is a lock for a top 6 C role. He may never become a top 5 center in the league, but he certainly would be the top center for a lot of teams. For team teal, adding him would give us three, really good 2nd line centers (some would argue three 1B centers). That kind of depth would go a long way, barring drafting a franchise 1C.

I will reiterate an earlier post of mine, Meier for Reinhart. Change of scenery trade. This assumes each team knows the ask for an extension in term and time. (Reinhart this offseason, Meier next). My assumption for Reinhart is 7.5 times 7 would be the ask. (I think 7 x 7 would be about what we could settle on). Is my $ and term inline with what those that watch him more closely think it would take?

Someone photoshop Reinhart into the original Sharks jersey (teal, not white) before I say yes.

And that salary figure is what I expected him to sign before his deal last summer. I expect it to be about the same, assuming he doesn’t take (or get) another one year deal to take him to UFA status.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Someone photoshop Reinhart into the original Sharks jersey (teal, not white) before I say yes.

And that salary figure is what I expected him to sign before his deal last summer. I expect it to be about the same, assuming he doesn’t take (or get) another one year deal to take him to UFA status.

Seems like we agree, now only if our GMs would talk.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
I don't know why any Sabres fan would buy a jersey right now. They don't deserve a penny of the fans money until they give them a team worth their time.

This I agree with.. The Sabres have been my team for 45+ years but I spent zero on this train wreck in the past 10 years..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad