News: Samson reinhart looking to move on

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Basically Sam is a guy who can probably get 80 or so points as a top center or 70 points on the wing if your team can't use him as a center and can move there if someone gets hurt so his value should be pretty high atm always has been improving his production totals every year.

Panthaz89

Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Brutal. I sort of expected Eichel to snap by now, but Sam seemed like he was set to take over the captaincy and stick with it for at least the next little while.
Pretty sure Sam and Eichel were pretty close and all the news about Eichel probably leaving lets him know that the team doesn't have a good chance at the playoffs any time soon since he probably knows for sure how Eichel feels.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
SJ needs to stop pretending they're a relevant team and start the rebuild. No point in dragging the starting process out. Unless you enjoy being a middle of the Pack team for the next 5-7 years and then starting a rebuild.
Thanks for the input.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Eichel said basically that he had no choice but to play through his injury because his contract did not give him a choice or control over going for surgery and that it was ownership making him play injured. then he mentioned getting ready for next year...."wherever that may be"

He wants out.
That's crap..he didn't say ownership made him play through an injury.Management had the best medical advice which was rehab.A player has never had this surgery before and the doctors feel rehab is best served for now.Until I hear him say he wants out then you move him and only when he is healthy and producing.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
GMs that have been paying attention know they are bidding on a young 1C entering his prime.

Buffalo should expect an appropriate return.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Basically Sam is a guy who can probably get 80 or so points as a top center or 70 points on the wing if your team can't use him as a center and can move there if someone gets hurt so his value should be pretty high atm always has been improving his production totals every year.
This is so full of misinformation I barely know where to start. His career high is 65 pts, which he has scored once, as a wing. He has never scored more than 50 pts. in any other season. How you figure that is will score more as a Center, when that is a position with greater defensive responsibilities...and you figure that he will score 80 pts. there, and "only' 70 on the wing?

Is this a joke post?

Reactions: majormajor

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
This is so full of misinformation I barely know where to start. His career high is 65 pts, which he has scored once, as a wing. He has never scored more than 50 pts. in any other season. How you figure that is will score more as a Center, when that is a position with greater defensive responsibilities...and you figure that he will score 80 pts. there, and "only' 70 on the wing?

Is this a joke post?

He is exaggerating but also possibly extrapolating Reinharts production at center the last portion of this season. I expect him to flourish if he leaves the Sabres but not 80 points.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He is exaggerating but also possibly extrapolating Reinharts production at center the last portion of this season. I expect him to flourish if he leaves the Sabres but not 80 points.

I'd definitely want to do more homework on Reinhart before making any big offers. One cursory check - in his games at center it's not like he picked up a lot of assists, mostly just goals. It was 12 goals on his final 51 shots, which is obviously unsustainable.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Hes pur in his time and now wants to play for a contender. Cant fault a guy for that.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Where's the compensation for Reinhart? Because we already saw that even pre-COVID/flat cap, it cost Toronto a 1st just to get someone to eat the last year of Marleau's contract.
Just because people misrepresent the Marleau deal doesn't make it fact. It cost the Leafs a 1st to have Carolina buy out Marleau. The Canes knew he was not going to play for them. Eriksson, sure a 1st to dump, but there's a big difference between a lottery pick and the Leafs late 1st, so this years 1st wouldn't be on the table to begin with - not for Reinhart.

Panthaz89

Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY

Is this a joke post?
Both of the last two seasons were short in games.... over 82 games his production is just under that we are assuming he plays top line on a real team not the Sabres. In this case i'm hardly rounding up when it comes to numbers projected over 82 games if we count the past 2 seasons he isn't elite but I would definitely consider him easily a top line talent.

Last edited:

RavenGuard

Feb 20, 2020
The North
Thanks for the input.
No problem I'll be here all week. I threshing that you didn't try and refute it though. It's because you know I'm right.

SJ had one hell of a run but they have aging and overpaid players all over the roster and no elite prospects. They need to start dealing some of those older guys and harvest draft picks. Draft well and finish poorly for a few seasons and try again. If they wait to long they won't get good returns and they'll be stuck with those guys with nothing to show for it. It's just reality at this point. They can't compete with the top tier teams in the west right now and the gap is only going to get worse over the next few seasons.

Rebuilds suck but they're inevitable.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
GMs that have been paying attention know they are bidding on a young 1C entering his prime.

Buffalo should expect an appropriate return.

Stop the cap.

ROR was a better player than Reinhart when he got traded. Expect that type of return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad