News: Samson reinhart looking to move on

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Is there any rumor or any idea how much he's asking for with his next contract?

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I know Buffalo and its fans would want to prioritize getting young assets back in any Sam Reinhart trade, but... there is one older player in particular that I think could be a good fit for them to build a trade around: JT Miller.

If the Sabres are also trading away Eichel—that means they are losing their captain and their top-two centers. Those are big holes to fill. Miller has demonstrated that he can anchor a top-line as either a center or winger, and he has shown-up as a prominent leader in the Canucks dressing room. He strikes me as the type of person that could be the catalyst that resets the culture of the team and the locker room. He also seems like a person that craves that responsibility and I’m not sure he’ll ever get his shot at being captain as long as Horvat is around

Miller is 28 already and I’m sure the gut reaction is “that’s too old, they need to rebuild!” But it seems to me that putting all of their eggs in youth didn’t work out so well this time around either—and that maybe some veteran leadership would be a good incubator for whatever comes next.

For Vancouver, Reinhart is a younger player whose age is more closely aligned with their competitive window than Miller. Reinhart may be a slight downgrade for them in the short term, but he may be more valuable when they are ready to compete in two years.

Last edited:

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
How high is the 2021 1st currently?

Reinhart is a 35 goal 70 point a season guy for you. If its just for one season of Reinhart it is absolutely an awful trade. My assumption with any Reinhart trade is a long term deal is already worked out.

Hoglander plus 10th/11th overall in the upcoming draft seems fair to me. Dont care much about Virtanen or Juolevi. What is it worth to you to dump Loui or is his salary for one more season no longer an issue?
he's never scored above 25 goals in a season and if you're using this season, he's shooting way above his career shooting %

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Not a good look from your Rick Martin Memorial Award winner
upload_2021-5-12_14-31-37.jpeg

Do you prefer this look from a Rick Martin?

Reactions: Tripod

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
If I were Adams, I'd insist on Horvat for Reinhart.

Edit: Obviously Reinhart would need to be willing to sign long term. I believe he would.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
If I were Adams, I'd insist on Horvat for Reinhart.

Edit: Obviously Reinhart would need to be willing to sign long term. I believe he would.
Then Reinhart will be playing for someone else. Offensively they have almost identicle stats but Horvat does/has and always will play C where as SR has been primarily a winger in the NHL. I take Horvat over Reinhart.

Reactions: Cogburn

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I know Buffalo and its fans would want to prioritize getting young assets back in any Sam Reinhart trade, but... there is one older player in particular that I think could be a good fit for them to build a trade around: JT Miller.

If the Sabres are also trading away Eichel—that means they are losing their captain and their top-two centers. Those are big holes to fill. Miller has demonstrated that he can anchor a top-line as either a center or winger, and he has shown-up as a prominent leader in the Canucks dressing room. He strikes me as the type of person that could be the catalyst that resets the culture of the team and the locker room. He also seems like a person that craves that responsibility and I’m not sure he’ll ever get his shot at being captain as long as Horvat is around

Miller is 28 already and I’m sure the gut reaction is “that’s too old, they need to rebuild!” But it seems to me that putting all of their eggs in youth didn’t work out so well this time around either—and that maybe some veteran leadership would be a good incubator for whatever comes next.

For Vancouver, Reinhart is a younger player whose age is more closely aligned with their competitive window than Miller. Reinhart may be a slight downgrade for them in the short term, but he may be more valuable when they are ready to compete in two years.

two problems with this. One Miller will bolt the minute he hits UFAs and im sure he will hate ever minute of being on a lossing team. Two we REALLY NEED top 4 d-man if we trade Miller, not another forward

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012

someone better tell Sam , Vancouver isn’t any better than Buffalo right now. He is from north van thought which is probably one of the best cities in Canada to live in but yea. He’s going to be in a similar mess.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
The Sabres tire fire from 2013-15 netted them 3 very high picks in consecutive years.

Rasmus Ristolainen 8th overall in 2013

Sam Reinhart 2nd overall in 2014

and Jack Eichel 2nd overall in 2015

Now in 2021, they are just as bad if not worse, all these guys are in their mid 20's and rumored to want out.

I dont know how Sabres fans can take it. Even a playoff appearance would be a treat.

Correction - none of them are rumored; theyre all outspoken.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
The organizational culture is so screwed in Buffalo.

Cuz when we look at it, on paper, this team has good pieces.

All they're missing is a dominant goaltender. After that, chances are everything would fall into place.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I'm not sure if Vancouver can afford him with Hughes and Pettersson still yet to be signed. Seattle could be a good landing spot though.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
If Buffalo takes on Eriksson/Roussel/Beagle...

Reinhart (signed for 5 years)

Eriksson/Roussel/Beagle (all 3 of them!)
2021 1st
2022 1st
2023 1st

12 million of completely useless salary out. 2022 1st and 2023 1st wont be lottery picks.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
If Buffalo takes on Eriksson/Roussel/Beagle...

Reinhart (signed for 5 years)

Eriksson/Roussel/Beagle (all 3 of them!)
2021 1st
2022 1st
2023 1st

12 million of completely useless salary out. 2022 1st and 2023 1st wont be lottery picks.

Where's the compensation for Reinhart? Because we already saw that even pre-COVID/flat cap, it cost Toronto a 1st just to get someone to eat the last year of Marleau's contract.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I know Buffalo and its fans would want to prioritize getting young assets back in any Sam Reinhart trade, but... there is one older player in particular that I think could be a good fit for them to build a trade around: Logan Couture.

If the Sabres are also trading away Eichel—that means they are losing their captain and their top-two centers. Those are big holes to fill. Logan has demonstrated that he can anchor a top-line as either a center or winger, and he has shown-up as a prominent leader in the Sharks dressing room. He strikes me as the type of person that could be the catalyst that resets the culture of the team and the locker room. He also seems like a person that craves that responsibility and I’m not sure he’ll ever get his shot at being captain as long as Horvat is around

Logan is 32 already and I’m sure the gut reaction is “that’s too old, they need to rebuild!” But it seems to me that putting all of their eggs in youth didn’t work out so well this time around either—and that maybe some veteran leadership would be a good incubator for whatever comes next.

For San Jose, Reinhart is a younger player whose age is more closely aligned with their competitive window than Couture. Reinhart may be a slight downgrade for them in the short term, but he may be more valuable when they are ready to compete in two years.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I know Buffalo and its fans would want to prioritize getting young assets back in any Sam Reinhart trade, but... there is one older player in particular that I think could be a good fit for them to build a trade around: Logan Couture.

If the Sabres are also trading away Eichel—that means they are losing their captain and their top-two centers. Those are big holes to fill. Logan has demonstrated that he can anchor a top-line as either a center or winger, and he has shown-up as a prominent leader in the Sharks dressing room. He strikes me as the type of person that could be the catalyst that resets the culture of the team and the locker room. He also seems like a person that craves that responsibility and I’m not sure he’ll ever get his shot at being captain as long as Horvat is around

Logan is 32 already and I’m sure the gut reaction is “that’s too old, they need to rebuild!” But it seems to me that putting all of their eggs in youth didn’t work out so well this time around either—and that maybe some veteran leadership would be a good incubator for whatever comes next.

For San Jose, Reinhart is a younger player whose age is more closely aligned with their competitive window than Couture. Reinhart may be a slight downgrade for them in the short term, but he may be more valuable when they are ready to compete in two years.

What are you adding to Couture? He’s on the wrong side of 30 and is getting paid a hefty contract.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
What are you adding to Couture? He’s on the wrong side of 30 and is getting paid a hefty contract.

Willing to part with a a roster player (e.g. Kevin Labanc at max) or a 2nd Rd pick.
Also would like a setup where Logan gets to meet all the Buffalo Bills players wants to keep him happy. But really my post was kinda a joke post (see Post #203).

A9sM2D2CQAAg9FE.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Sounds like he wants to come to Vancity or death so puts Sabres in bad negotiating position but it is what it is:

To Buff: Pearson, Juolevi, Virtanen, Chatty, 2022 5th round pick

To Vancity: Rinehart, cond. 2022 3rd round pick (becomes 4th if Vancity misses playoffs), 2021 4th round pick

Then next season Canucks could rock three decent lines finally

Hogly Pettersson Boeser
Miller Horvat Podz
Motte Rinehart Lind
Gad Graovac Macewan

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Sounds like he wants to come to Vancity or death so puts Sabres in bad negotiating position but it is what it is:

To Buff: Pearson, Juolevi, Virtanen, Chatty, 2022 5th round pick

To Vancity: Rinehart, cond. 2022 3rd round pick (becomes 4th if Vancity misses playoffs), 2021 4th round pick

Then next season Canucks could rock three decent lines finally

Hogly Pettersson Boeser
Miller Horvat Podz
Motte Rinehart Lind
Gad Graovac Macewan

If he really wants to go to Vancouver or Edmonton or Calgary—his easiest path forward would be to sign his QO with whoever he is playing for next year and then hit UFA in 22-23.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
someone better tell Sam , Vancouver isn’t any better than Buffalo right now. He is from north van thought which is probably one of the best cities in Canada to live in if you're very wealthy or come from a lot of family money for the most part but yea. He’s going to be in a similar mess.

Had to quickly fix your statement above.

Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad