Value of: Sam Reinhart

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
People calling reinhart a bust but ignoring the fact that he's gotten better every year since coming into the league, If sheary/skinner fit in nicely next to Eichel and Sam i could easily see reinhart putting up 60 points this year.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Curious how Sabres fans see Reinhart fitting in with the addition of Skinner and Dahlin and what they see as his present value as well as needs for the sabres in a trade.

I think Buffalo would be on the lookout for another top 6 RW. I really don't think trading Reinhart is an option now, their to weak at his position.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Skinner filled a giant hole on the left side so it doesn’t change really anything for Sammy. Should make Reinhart better by playing with Skinner or Sheary every shift.

If they were to trade him the biggest need is probably RHD or now top 6 RW (the hole created by trading Reinhart).

Agreed. Best thing that happened this offseason, is that Reinhart should have a good left winger to play with no matter what.

Downside, no more O’Reilly to center one of those lines.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Agreed. Best thing that happened this offseason, is that Reinhart should have a good left winger to play with no matter what.

Downside, no more O’Reilly to center one of those lines.
As much as O’Reilly leaving definitely hurts the team on the ice, I thought he was especially successful with Reinhart at the tail end of the season, Mittelstadt should be able to fill in admirably on the offensive side.

His face offs and defensive abilities will hopefully be somewhat mitigated by Berglund, Sobotka, and a generally better bottom 6.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
With the drafting of Dahlin, the acquisition of Sheary and Skinner , the promotion of Mitts full time and with RoR dealt there really isnt a trade that makes sense to move reinhart. With ror gone we need Reinhart to step in as the 2C if Mitts struggles.

The Sabres main need is a RHS top 4 D, because after Risto there is a broken Bogo as the next best RHS dman. Granted Dahlin prefers the right side but he is a LHD.

Reinhart, along with Eichel, Skinner, Okposo, Mittelstadt and Sheary are being counted upon as the 18-19 Sabres squads top 6 for this season. ~150 goals is a realistic total out of those 6 guys.

As for Reinharts offense, he isnt going to be a 70-80 point player. But I think he can definitely top out as a 30-30 player capable of playing wing or center. For a team devoid of scoring Reinharts 20-25+ goals are definitely welcome and a sight for sore eyes. Makes no sense to move Reinhart unless he is used as part of a package for a high end impact forward. Since that is unlikely and that we have no room on the blue line until Bogosians deal expires or Botts can dump him off.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
For a top-4 defenseman, preferably a RHD.

I'm not really sure we need to trade a top six wing for another defensemen we have 9 at the moment. So unless we're unloading Hunwick, Beaulieu, or Bogosian (ideally) for an upgrade, no thanks from this Sabres fan. I'm not saying our top 6 defense is a done deal, but it's further a long than it was 4 months ago.

ALee10

Oct 8, 2011
Why would they move him? He's young and a lock for 20+ goals every year. He had 25 and 25 on a horrific team last year.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
And he is only turning 23 years of age. 2 20+ goal seasons and a 17 goal season by the Age of 22 is definitely not a bust. Disappointment for #2 overall maybe but not a bust.

Last edited:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
With the drafting of Dahlin, the acquisition of Sheary and Skinner , the promotion of Mitts full time and with RoR dealt there really isnt a trade that makes sense to move reinhart. With ror gone we need Reinhart to step in as the 2C if Mitts struggles.

The Sabres main need is a RHS top 4 D, because after Risto there is a broken Bogo as the next best RHS dman. Granted Dahlin prefers the right side but he is a LHD.

Reinhart, along with Eichel, Skinner, Okposo, Mittelstadt and Sheary are being counted upon as the 18-19 Sabres squads top 6 for this season. ~150 goals is a realistic total out of those 6 guys.

As for Reinharts offense, he isnt going to be a 70-80 point player. But I think he can definitely top out as a 30-30 player capable of playing wing or center. For a team devoid of scoring Reinharts 20-25+ goals are definitely welcome and a sight for sore eyes. Makes no sense to move Reinhart unless he is used as part of a package for a high end impact forward. Since that is unlikely and that we have no room on the blue line until Bogosians deal expires or Botts can dump him off.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I'm not really sure we need to trade a top six wing for another defensemen we have 9 at the moment. So unless we're unloading Hunwick, Beaulieu, or Bogosian (ideally) for an upgrade, no thanks from this Sabres fan. I'm not saying our top 6 defense is a done deal, but it's further a long than it was 4 months ago.

That post was from before the lottery. Now with Risto dahlin Scandella Guhle Pilut McCabe etc in the fold, no I don’t think Reinhart needs to be dealt

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Buffalo has zero reason to trade him . They spent time and money developing him and it looks like he on his way to becoming the player the drafted him to be .

Fans of other teams are going to argue 1/2 a good season does not make a player . Yet these are the same fans that will argue 1/2 a down season determine value . 1/2 a season for a young player means a lot to the team that draft him and overall it gives hope the young guy is turning a corner . So it is a case of worth more to Buffalo then other teams .

Last LOL at the Faulk offer . The guy has declined each of the last 3 years which is a lot different then a young player trying to find his way in the NHL

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
My question is, what is he valued at?
I'd say his value is that of a 2nd line winger or a 3C with some upside?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He's a solid 2 way top 6W who can definitely play on a top line if he's got some solid puck carrying linemates. He's a very intelligent player which makes me think he'll continue to improve. But still don't understand how he went over Draisaitl...

I'd say he's worth a #4 defenseman. I'd offer Severson for sure.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

If I was to trade Reinhart Id be looking for a youngNHL proven Dman.

While buffalo deos have 9 NHL Dmen on roster, looking ahead a few year theyey have name(yrs of team control)

Risto ( 4)
Dahlin (7)
McCabe (3)
Scandella(2)
Bogo (2)
Beaulieu (2)
Nelson (2)
Hunwick (2)

in the prospevct pool they have Borgen, Pilut, Hickey, Guihle on ELCs and a few other recently drafted Dmen that are unsigned.

I am unsure what side Dahlin will play on...once that is known I would like to get another Dman to play with him

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
He's 22 years old and just had a p/g half season. Also, you didn't ask what he is right now, but what he's valued at.
My answer stands.
Fair enough.
I think GMs will value him at best as a 2W with 2C upside.
Still high value

Buf fan in Nash

Jul 18, 2018
Nashville, TN
Fair enough.
I think GMs will value him at best as a 2W with 2C upside.
Still high value

It think your assessment is fair. Its just that this season with all the roster shuffling Sam will likely be our #1 RW or our #2 C so that is why Sabres fans currently value him a bit higher.

We will see what kind of season he puts up with greater responsibility. I expect 60+ points out of him this year.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
What do Buffalo fans expect their lines to be next year?

If there are no more changes, To start the season I'd say the top six would be Eichel, Berglund, Reinhart, Okposo, Skinner and Sheary. Unless a guy like Middlestadt,Thompson, Asplund, or Olofsson blows everyone away in training camp and send Berglund, Okposo, or Sheary down the line up.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
If there are no more changes, To start the season I'd say the top six would be Eichel, Berglund, Reinhart, Okposo, Skinner and Sheary. Unless a guy like Middlestadt,Thompson, Asplund, or Olofsson blows everyone away in training camp and send Berglund, Okposo, or Sheary down the line up.
There is literally no way Berglund is the #2 over Middlestadt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad