Value of: Sam Reinhart

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
If there are no more changes, To start the season I'd say the top six would be Eichel, Berglund, Reinhart, Okposo, Skinner and Sheary. Unless a guy like Middlestadt,Thompson, Asplund, or Olofsson blows everyone away in training camp and send Berglund, Okposo, or Sheary down the line up.
ERod should be in the top 6 over Berglund.
Sobotka and Berglund as shut-down 3rd or 4th line.
That being said, predicting what Housley actually is gonna do seems kind of difficult.

Reactions: sabrescupbound

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Remember that time when Vancouver offered up 6th OA + 24th OA + Hunter Shinkaruk to try and acquire Sam Reinhart?

or when Vancouver had reported offered 6th OA + Chris Tanev + Hunter Shinkaruk for 1st to try and get Reinhart?

Yeah I and most of us think that was just a ploy to try and steal Ekblad. lol. But could you imagine?? Buffalo could have nylander or ehlers + Tanev. damn.

I hope VAN trades for him tho. I loved the kid in the WJC and think he still has game.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
If I was to trade Reinhart Id be looking for a youngNHL proven Dman.

While buffalo deos have 9 NHL Dmen on roster, looking ahead a few year theyey have name(yrs of team control)

Risto ( 4)
Dahlin (7)
McCabe (3)
Scandella(2)
Bogo (2)
Beaulieu (2)
Nelson (2)
Hunwick (2)

in the prospevct pool they have Borgen, Pilut, Hickey, Guihle on ELCs and a few other recently drafted Dmen that are unsigned.

I am unsure what side Dahlin will play on...once that is known I would like to get another Dman to play with him

This makes no sense to me. If I'm trading Reinhart, it's with someone to get a guaranteed scoring wing or dynamite upgrade. Otherwise, what is the point. Sam is able to play off the wall, do his Vanek type power game around then net and generate offense on the wing. Unless we're getting something close to a perfect fit, I don't need another D. Yes, I do think we need better than McCabe, Bogosian, Nelson, Hunwick, Beaulieu. However, what is the point of lessening the weakest point of this team right now forward depth for another D?

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Buffalo and Vancouver are bad trading partners

Both want young players and arent willing to give up draft picks.

The only way a deal happens is if Buffalo wants to go in a different direction, give up on Reinhart, and want to take a flyer on Juolevi or Gaudette.

Juolevi/Gaudette + Hutton/Stetcher/Lind for Reinhart + something would be the only scenario and thats only if Buffalo wants to move on from Reinhart.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Reinhart can have a breakout season this year. 30 goals and/or 60 points is a possibility with RoR gone.

A possible top 9...

Sheary-Eichel-Reinhart
Skinner-Mittelstadt-Okposo
Rodrigues-Berglund-Pominville

Of course there can be surprises but I expect at least 8 of those 9 forwards listed above to be the top 9 ToI leaders at forward.

As for Reinharts value, I would want a top 4 RHD under the age of 26. Dahlin,Scandella and Guhle can hold the left side down for years. Beyond Risto we don't have much at the right side. Which is why Dahlin will likely be an off shooting RD even though he's a LHS.

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
I am guessing that it may take a lot to pry Reinhart out of Buffalo as you would have thought Carolina would have been trying hard to get him in the Skinner trade and ended up with a fairly underwhelming return.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Ellis+ for reinhart?

I like this idea. I like Reinhart and don't really want to trade him, but I would probably bite on this. At the very least, Sabres need to replace ROR's beard game.

Edit: I recognize that trading Sam for a RHD would solve a big roster problem while also creating another (possibly bigger) roster problem at right wing. For the Sabres to do anything like this (Samson for a RHD) would require another move to add an NHL winger to replace Reinhart's production.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Reinhart can have a breakout season this year. 30 goals and/or 60 points is a possibility with RoR gone.

A possible top 9...

Sheary-Eichel-Reinhart
Skinner-Mittelstadt-Okposo
Rodrigues-Berglund-Pominville

Of course there can be surprises but I expect at least 8 of those 9 forwards listed above to be the top 9 ToI leaders at forward.

As for Reinharts value, I would want a top 4 RHD under the age of 26. Dahlin,Scandella and Guhle can hold the left side down for years. Beyond Risto we don't have much at the right side. Which is why Dahlin will likely be an off shooting RD even though he's a LHS.

AVs needs a RW and Sabres RHD.

Reinhardt

For

Timmins

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
AVs needs a RW and Sabres RHD.

Reinhardt

For

Timmins

Would you accept Mattias Samuelsson for Tyson Jost? Probably not. Now imagine Jost had 3 seasons of 42+ points and 2 20+ goal seasons and just put up 25 goals and 50 points all by the age of 22. That's the same exact premise as Samuelsson for Jost except Reinhart is worth more/better prospect. Like Timmins, Samuelsson is the recent first pick of the second round and is a dman. While they hold good value they arent bringing back a Reinhart level player.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Make it Barrie and you are getting closer.

You won’t get anywhere near Barrie, but surprised if the Sabres ask on his availability. He is too old - 26 for the young team and only has 2 years remaining to UFA. The other option is Makar, but there is zero chance Reinhardt will be enough.

Timmins for Reinhardt

This is the closest to fair value and doubt the AVs would even make this deal.

AVs hold 2-1sts in the 2019 draft heavy with Forwards, they will use at least one of the picks to select their future RW. 2018 they drafted a RW in the 1st. Sabres with 3-1sts will have few options to draft a RHD or could offer a pick to the AVs for Timmins.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Would you accept Mattias Samuelsson for Tyson Jost? Probably not. Now imagine Jost had 3 seasons of 42+ points and 2 20+ goal seasons and just put up 25 goals and 50 points all by the age of 22. That's the same exact premise as Samuelsson for Jost except Reinhart is worth more/better prospect. Like Timmins, Samuelsson is the recent first pick of the second round and is a dman. While they hold good value they arent bringing back a Reinhart level player.

You commented about a top RHD under 26 and team control. Timmins is among the Top DMen prospects in hockey and likely more dominant in the WJC than Dahlin. DMan also hold much more value and difficult to draft than Wingers.

Anyways, just responding to your comment and if you believe this is not decent value, the AVs will just draft their RW next year.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
You won’t get anywhere near Barrie, but surprised if the Sabres ask on his availability. He is too old - 26 for the young team and only has 2 years remaining to UFA. The other option is Makar, but there is zero chance Reinhardt will be enough.

Timmins for Reinhardt

This is the closest to fair value and doubt the AVs would even make this deal.

AVs hold 2-1sts in the 2019 draft heavy with Forwards, they will use at least one of the picks to select their future RW. 2018 they drafted a RW in the 1st. Sabres with 3-1sts will have few options to draft a RHD or could offer a pick to the AVs for Timmins.
This is an awful offer.
To understand how dreadful it is, there is zero chance that the Sabres would trade Reinhart for Makar.
Would the Avs trade Rantanen for Mattias Samuelsson?
How about for Mittelstadt?

Right. Next.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
You commented about a top RHD under 26 and team control. Timmins is among the Top DMen prospects in hockey and likely more dominant in the WJC than Dahlin. DMan also hold much more value and difficult to draft than Wingers.

Anyways, just responding to your comment and if you believe this is not decent value, the AVs will just draft their RW next year.

Wut

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I like this idea. I like Reinhart and don't really want to trade him, but I would probably bite on this. At the very least, Sabres need to replace ROR's beard game.

Edit: I recognize that trading Sam for a RHD would solve a big roster problem while also creating another (possibly bigger) roster problem at right wing. For the Sabres to do anything like this (Samson for a RHD) would require another move to add an NHL winger to replace Reinhart's production.

If Sabres could get the right RHD for Reinhart you make that deal every time. Sabres acquired Sheary & Skinner for next to nothing... Not comparing the players directly but wingers are so easy to trade for.

Reactions: Patagonia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad