Value of: Sam Reinhart

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Don't see why Buffalo would trade him.

He's an RFA to be and I think Buffalo is in a strong position to get him on a good deal.

He's finally producing, but the team can point to his past performances to get him on less $$$ than most Top-3 picks his age.

Unless Nylander develops they don't seem to have much else on the RW to fill that void.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
No way. Faulk has not been great this season and the price on Reinhart is rising.
That and Faulk has 2 years until he hits free agency, Reinhart has several more years of cost control. If Carolina wants Reinhart I'd imagine Hanifin would have to be going the other way, he's the only piece that fits Buffalo's needs and has similiar team control along with a comparably high ceiling.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I pray the Sabres don’t trade Reinhart this offseason. Too soon, and we won’t get better or maybe even equal value.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Unless we get a similar aged D top4 back there is no point discussing this. We are as short on depth at the wing as we are at D. Only maybe alternative is 2 top end prospects - 1D and 1F. If you are not offering either of the two, dont bother.

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
Unless we get a similar aged D top4 back there is no point discussing this. We are as short on depth at the wing as we are at D. Only maybe alternative is 2 top end prospects - 1D and 1F. If you are not offering either of the two, dont bother.
I was a little skeptical at first, but a Reinhart/Hanifin swap is growing on me. It's a bit risky for both teams, but hopefully neither player has reached his ceiling and both potentially address the other team's needs.

What is Reinhart's two-way game like? Is he responsible in his own end? Do Buffalo fans think he can handle the defensive responsibilities of center in the NHL?

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
So you don't want to trade him for trash anymore?

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I was a little skeptical at first, but a Reinhart/Hanifin swap is growing on me. It's a bit risky for both teams, but hopefully neither player has reached his ceiling and both potentially address the other team's needs.

What is Reinhart's two-way game like? Is he responsible in his own end? Do Buffalo fans think he can handle the defensive responsibilities of center in the NHL?
At the beginning of the season I would have done this trade but I am not so sure anymore. With a very slow start he still scored 23 goals and 48 points. Next year if he continues his development we could be looking at a very good two way player makes very few mistakes and scored 30 goals and 40 assists and that may not be his ceiling. Not easy to get those types of players

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
Reinhart is very responsible in his own zone. Rarely out of position and makes smart quick plays. While I wouldn't describe him as a defensive stalwart, he is above average and reliable. My only real knock on Sam is he seems to be out-muscled far too easily along the boards. He's effectively useless in the corners because I don't think he's ever won a physical battle at the NHL level. It's a good thing that he has that coveted high hockey IQ because otherwise he wouldn't be able to play in the NHL at all. Hopefully he can bulk up a bit more as he matures.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Not advocating this from either end, but just to gauge value - would the ask from the Flyers be something like Sanheim or Myers?

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
At the beginning of the season I would have done this trade but I am not so sure anymore. With a very slow start he still scored 23 goals and 48 points. Next year if he continues his development we could be looking at a very good two way player makes very few mistakes and scored 30 goals and 40 assists and that may not be his ceiling. Not easy to get those types of players
Please all trust HeartForReinhart, hes totally "objective" in Reinhart trade proposals as his nickname would suggest. Botts takes Hanifin for Reinhart in an instant unless we draft Dahlin, then there is no point trading F for D.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
When have I proposed to trade him for trash? Please provide a quote.

This was a good one: Lehkonen and a 2nd.... lol

Both fanbases pass - normally this means there's some truth to the madness. Let's do this. I admit I know jack **** about Lekhonen, but from fan descriptions it would be the in realm of possibility for straight swap for Sam - we need guys that can snipe goals in as we are severely lacking in that regard right now. Still think based on position alone, age and NHL experience - MTL has to add in a 2nd round pick for balance. MTL needs centers bad so I don't see how they can possibly justify rejecting Reinhart for Lehkonen+2nd if it was truly offered to htem by Big Botts.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
You made several ****ty offers for Reinhart.
1)Mckeown and Bean
2)Lauzon, Vatrano, and a 2nd
3)Carlsson and Milano
All garbage.
I'd assume you are correct as I don't remember every single post I make. Meh, I still maybe take number 1 with some add or improvement on 1 of the players. Maybe number 3 as well if we get something slightly better than Milano or some other add. 2nd is a non-starter at this point that's true. At the time Reinhart had no value, Reinahrt has played very well since and value has increase, thus ask goes up. Logical right?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Reinhart is very responsible in his own zone. Rarely out of position and makes smart quick plays. While I wouldn't describe him as a defensive stalwart, he is above average and reliable. My only real knock on Sam is he seems to be out-muscled far too easily along the boards. He's effectively useless in the corners because I don't think he's ever won a physical battle at the NHL level. It's a good thing that he has that coveted high hockey IQ because otherwise he wouldn't be able to play in the NHL at all. Hopefully he can bulk up a bit more as he matures.

He's been downright dominant on the forecheck. Don't mistake occassionally getting knocked on his ass, for being bad in the corners... Reinhart has developed in to the best forechecker on the team.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I'd assume you are correct as I don't remember every single post I make. Meh, I still maybe take number 1 with some add or improvement on 1 of the players. Maybe number 3 as well if we get something slightly better than Milano or some other add. 2nd is a non-starter at this point that's true. At the time Reinhart had no value, Reinahrt has played very well since and value has increase, thus ask goes up. Logical right?

No. You just had a terrible evaluation of his value.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Why even consider trading a 22 year old coming off 42 and 47 point seasons when he has "no value"? That's the point.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Don't see why Buffalo would trade him.

He's an RFA to be and I think Buffalo is in a strong position to get him on a good deal.

He's finally producing, but the team can point to his past performances to get him on less $$$ than most Top-3 picks his age.

Unless Nylander develops they don't seem to have much else on the RW to fill that void.

The only way he is traded is if a Dman of similar age would be coming back like Hanifan.

They would not trade him for picks.

If Buffalo was to draft a winger in the top 4 of the draft then its likely he could be traded for young Dman or they trade ROR for a Dman a little older.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
one thing i love about reinhart is that he takes a hit to make a play, he'll go into the dirty areas andjust become a dog.

everyone here has been calling reinhart a bust but he's been steadily improving since entering the league. would want a young top 4 D-man for him. Hanifin/skeij/Orlo

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Why even consider trading a 22 year old coming off 42 and 47 point seasons when he has "no value"? That's the point.
These posts were also before Nelson emerged as an actual NHL Dman and Guhle was up. We now have more D slots filled with serviceable D. At the time we had Tennyson and Falk playing. We needed D and we still need D. If we get Dahlin that changes a lot of things in terms of team needs. I'd probably wait for the draft until I go into discussing trades again. As I said at the time Sam was looking like a failure. And 42 and 47 point seasons for a healthy 2nd overall is not much, just FYI. And he has 47 in 78 this year as well, nothing groundbreaking but at least he's finally trending up.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
These posts were also before Nelson emerged as an actual NHL Dman and Guhle was up. We now have more D slots filled with serviceable D. At the time we had Tennyson and Falk playing. We needed D and we still need D. If we get Dahlin that changes a lot of things in terms of team needs. I'd probably wait for the draft until I go into discussing trades again. As I said at the time Sam was looking like a failure. And 42 and 47 point seasons for a healthy 2nd overall is not much, just FYI. And he has 47 in 78 this year as well, nothing groundbreaking but at least he's finally trending up.

So your analysis was double-terrible? In that, you poorly evaluated both Reinhart and our young D?

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Reinhart has 18 goals and 36 points in his last 40 games. At this point, he's established 3 years in a row that he's at least a 20-goal, 45-point guy. But he might have just developed into a 30-goal 60-70 point guy in the second half of his age-22 season. If I'm Buffalo I'm holding to see what Reinhart brings in his age-23 season. There's a zonzero chance it's 30 goals and 70 points. All that would take is him to continue doing what he's already done in his last 40 games.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I wouldn't count on Reinhart putting 70 points next year after 3 straight years of mid forties points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad