Value of: Sam Reinhart

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The key thing about his second half is that he’s scoring without Eichel on his line now. For the last three years the only time anyone other than RoR scored was with Eichel on their line.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Again, he made an ass of me tonight. But the guy did only have 1 point in the whole month of December. And I think even you Buffalo fans will admit that you would have expected more from him by year 3.
He's on a 70 point pace since January.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
The key thing about his second half is that he’s scoring without Eichel on his line now. For the last three years the only time anyone other than RoR scored was with Eichel on their line.
ROR+Reinhart has been our best forward combo for 3 years now.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Reinhart isn't bad at all, and from the right team, with the right situation, I can see him landing a decent top 4 D. But I don't think he's going to return a YOUNG established top 4 D. Those guys have more value than a 40ishpt scoring winger.
What about a 50+ point two-way winger?

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Incoming: a bunch of low ball offers from fans who don't watch Reinhart but imagine he's struggling.

We have like 5 good players. Sam is one of them, and he's consistently getting better. He shouldn't be going anywhere, barring someone calling up and offering something stupid for him.

Look, I really like Sam and would love to have him as our #3c but we too need to fix our defense so I wouldn't offer up any of our "better" dman prospects/players. The best I'd offer from the Flyers would be someone like Gudas/Manning/Hagg (hell, take all 3 for all I care) and if I were you I'd laugh ne right off these boards with an offer like that.

I guess what I'm saying is that I agree with you, be prepared for low ball offers. I'm sorry.

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
If you guys don't win the draft lottery, would something like Hanifin for Reinhart work? Both are former top 5 picks and both are RFAs this offseason.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
If you guys don't win the draft lottery, would something like Hanifin for Reinhart work? Both are former top 5 picks and both are RFAs this offseason.
That’s what it would take for me to consider trading him.
Even if we win the lottery I would be open for it, we could keep all of our defensemen between 15-20 toi and avoid burning the young guys out. We would still lack a real top pairing for a couple of seasons but after that we could turn our greatest weakness into our greatest strength.

Scandella-UFA (hopefully Pateryn)
Hanifin-Nelson
Guhle-Ristolainen
Dahlin

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
No they don't.

So are you just a troll because you have a habit of offering completely unrealistic deals that are beyond horrible for Edmonton.
Two maybes and a 2nd round pick for a guy who's at worst a good 2nd line player at best a good 1st line player. I find it putrid for Buffalo, but everyone is welcome to their own opinion.

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
Every time this comes up, Carolina fans scoff at the notion of trading Hanifin for Reinhart.
We are all homers in some way or another, some much more than others. I just look at the Canes defense and see some good blueliners, but certain ones that don't fit well together. Of Carolina's current top 4, I think Faulk or Hanifin has to go and a less risky guy be paired with whomever remains. I'm hoping the defenseman traded can net Carolina a #1C. I personally don't think Reinhart is that, BUT he could develop into one, so I'd take the risk. At worst he could be a RW, which Carolina also needs.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
We are all homers in some way or another, some much more than others. I just look at the Canes defense and see some good blueliners, but certain ones that don't fit well together. Of Carolina's current top 4, I think Faulk or Hanifin has to go and a less risky guy be paired with whomever remains. I'm hoping the defenseman traded can net Carolina a #1C. I personally don't think Reinhart is that, BUT he could develop into one, so I'd take the risk. At worst he could be a RW, which Carolina also needs.

That's always been my thought too. Both are still young with plenty of room to grow. I'd be willing to make that trade because Buffalo needs start somewhere. Fixing the D is a good start. Then work on getting some top 6 wingers. I also think if Reinhart was given the time, we would be a better center then he is a winger. Imo his talent is kind of being wasted in Buffalo where they have O'Reilly and Eichel.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Tanev + Baertschi
Will the Canucks provide a lifetime supply of bubble wrap for Tanev? Because while I like him as a player, he might be the most injury prone player in the league. He and a plug like Baertschi aren't getting you a player like Reinhart. I'd love to land Tanev but Canucks fans are going to have to accept that his inability to stay healthy puts a huge dent in his value.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
I am sure the Cane fans are much like Sabres fans....we want to find a way to get Hanifin without giving up Reinhart just the same way Canes fans would want to get Reinhart without giving up Hanifin. Reinhart has been on fire since January and most Sabres fans don't want to move him now and because of his production has become much more appealing to other fan bases. Team chemistry is important also and hopefully it is starting to develop in Buffalo. In my own personal opinion, moving Reinhart now would be a mistake.

Reactions: sabrescupbound

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I am sure the Cane fans are much like Sabres fans....we want to find a way to get Hanifin without giving up Reinhart just the same way Canes fans would want to get Reinhart without giving up Hanifin. Reinhart has been on fire since January and most Sabres fans don't want to move him now and because of his production has become much more appealing to other fan bases. Team chemistry is important also and hopefully it is starting to develop in Buffalo. In my own personal opinion, moving Reinhart now would be a mistake.

It may very well be. My thought is to fix the team one way or another. They could either keep a weak D and work on getting at least 3 top six wingers, or fix the D, then work on wingers. Fixing the blue line and working there way out would be the way I do it.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
It may very well be. My thought is to fix the team one way or another. They could either keep a weak D and work on getting at least 3 top six wingers, or fix the D, then work on wingers. Fixing the blue line and working there way out would be the way I do it.
Murray depleted and ignored our blue line badly in his tenure ... it wont be a quick fix. I am holding out hope that Bogo can remain healthy and become at least a serviceable Dman again. A lot rides on the draft lottery...if we pick at 4 or lower, I can see taking a Dman. If we pick at 2 or 3...do you draft the BPA or fill an organizational need?

Reactions: sabrescupbound

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Faulk for Reinhart makes sense to me. Buffalo might have to toss in a 2nd or 3rd round pick to make the deal work.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Faulk for Reinhart makes sense to me. Buffalo might have to toss in a 2nd or 3rd round pick to make the deal work.
No way. Faulk has not been great this season and the price on Reinhart is rising.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad