Value of: Sam Reinhart

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
What about Ryan Ellis, Craig Smith and a 1st for Reinhart and Bogosian

Many Sabres fans won't like this but I'd personally be all over this deal.

Gets Dahlin his partner, we rid ourselves of Bogosian & add a 1st... What's not to like ?

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Wasn’t Reinhart close to PPG in the second half? I don’t understand some of these offers, or posts about Buffalo giving up on him. His development is progressing pretty well. Wouldn’t be surprised to see 60+ points with good 2-way play this year.

Reactions: Freeeeedom

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
Wasn’t Reinhart close to PPG in the second half? I don’t understand some of these offers, or posts about Buffalo giving up on him. His development is progressing pretty well. Wouldn’t be surprised to see 60+ points with good 2-way play this year.

He's improved every season and the last 40 games from last year, he was just under PPG. He's a permanent fixture on our core and not going to be moved unless there's an over payment coming back.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009

Gets Dahlin his partner, we rid ourselves of Bogosian & add a 1st... What's not to like ?

That would be a killer deal for Buffalo, they would be stupid not to take it. A winger who can put up 50 points riding shotgun to an Eichel or ROR aren't rare at all. Ryan Ellis and the 1st have more value IMO.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
He's improved every season and the last 40 games from last year, he was just under PPG. He's a permanent fixture on our core and not going to be moved unless there's an over payment coming back.

You guys seem to really overrate this guy. He's a winger who can put up 50 points playing with Eichel or ROR. Whoopty do. If he wasn't severely overdrafted at #2, no one would currently think he is a "core piece."

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
You guys seem to really overrate this guy. He's a winger who can put up 50 points playing with Eichel or ROR. Whoopty do. If he wasn't severely overdrafted at #2, no one would currently think he is a "core piece."
I am not sold on Sam Reinhart and would take that Nashville deal, but they way you are describing Sam Reinhart, "a winger who can put up 50 points on Eichel or ROR wing" is just ridiculous. When he was killing it in the second half of last season Eichel was injured for part of that and they did not play together all the time. He did play with ROR but Reinhart helped ROR as much as ROR helped Reinhart.

A more accurate statement would be, Reinhart is a guy that over 82 games is going to score at least 20-25 goals no matter who he plays with and 50-60 points. I think over his career he could hit 30 once or twice and maybe settle in as around 55-65 point player consistently. There is still a chance that Reinhart could breakout into a consistent 65-70 point player who nets 25-30 goals. Whatever Reinhart is going to be, I think we will know by mid-season. That said, your description of Reinhart is not valid.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005

Actually, I think they believe that he's a winger who can put up 60-70 points. That isn't unreasonable given that he just put up 50, finished the season with 35 in 40 games, and is still just 22. There's no reason to think he's finished developing.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Lucic (cap) + Bear + Mcleod + 1st + 2nd

So... Cap dump, 2 2nds, mid 1st, good d prospect

Lucic replaces the 50 points Sam scored this year while adding toughness and leadership to a soft young team albeit on a bad contract that you can deal with (lots of cap space). Bear is a great d prospect for your not very good d (prob 1 year away could play 30-40 games at the end of the year), Mcleod is a nice prospect, Oilers first will most likely be in the 15-20 range and the 2nd would be in the 45-50 range.

Last edited:

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

Lucic replaces the 50 points Sam scored this year while adding toughness and leadership to a soft young team albeit on a bad contract that you can deal with (lots of cap space). Bear is a great d prospect for your not very good d (prob 1 year away could play 30-40 games at the end of the year), Mcleod is a nice prospect, Oilers first will most likely be in the 15-20 range and the 2nd would be in the 45-50 range.

It isn't even remotely close in value, or what the sabres are looking for.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
It isn't even remotely close in value, or what the sabres are looking for.
Well if you want a top 4RD I can tell you as an Oilers fan that Reinhart damn sure isnt getting you that. Top 4 RD cost an arm and a leg to acquire.

The value is actually pretty good imo.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

1. Ellis is a pending UFA
2. Somebody has to score for Buffalo. Let's assume Skinner and Mittelstadt replace ROR and Kane's production from last year. We were DFL in goals scored, and you want to trade away a 22-year-old who's consistently potted 20+ for us?
3. We already have 3 1sts and a deep prospect pool. I don't know about you, but I'd like for the Sabres to turn the corner some time before the turn of the next century.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Well if you want a top 4RD I can tell you as an Oilers fan that Reinhart damn sure isnt getting you that. Top 4 RD cost an arm and a leg to acquire.

The value is actually pretty good imo.

Well, as a non-oiler fan, I can tell you that you can get a top 4 D without always giving up a Hall. See Scandella.

And just because you think giving us a cap dump and some decent futures is fair for one of our core pieces doesn't make a difference. Especially since it ignores all of our needs. And if the sabres do just want a few decent future assets, I'll think they will bypass the gigantic cap dump.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
When acquired a high end second pairing dman in Scandella for nothing. And I surely wouldn't trade Reinhart for another Scandella. That's not a knock on him I would gladly extend him after next year and have him as the #3 dman long term but he isn't worth a Reinhart.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
As a Buffalo fan this is my take. I expect 60+ seasons from him in the future. Still not sure about how much we should pay him though, if he disappears like the first half of last season instead... I think we just have to bet on getting ”second half Reinhart” and sign him longterm.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013

If you take out Reinhart from the proposal I’d be willing to consider it.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Your team got significantly worse. You lost one of the best two way centers in the NHL but somehow got better because you added a couple 3rd liners to replace him?
No and that's not what he said. He said the depth got better, which is true.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
That would be a killer deal for Buffalo, they would be stupid not to take it. A winger who can put up 50 points riding shotgun to an Eichel or ROR aren't rare at all. Ryan Ellis and the 1st have more value IMO.
I think this works good for both teams. I see real potential in Reinhart and would love to see him in a preds uniform. I think Ellis would love to be reunited with his old coach. I think he would sign there as well. An up and coming team who just drafted a phenomenon. That d would look sick..
Dahlin-ellis would be a great pair. Smith would fill in Reinhart production for a could years. And 4 1st rounders next year would be awesome. Nashville would take a hit on defense but Bogosian would give us that toughness that we lack. Plus in 2 years we can go 7-3 for the expansion draft. Reinhart would look good on our 2nd line with fiala and turris

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
1. Ellis is a pending UFA
2. Somebody has to score for Buffalo. Let's assume Skinner and Mittelstadt replace ROR and Kane's production from last year. We were DFL in goals scored, and you want to trade away a 22-year-old who's consistently potted 20+ for us?
3. We already have 3 1sts and a deep prospect pool. I don't know about you, but I'd like for the Sabres to turn the corner some time before the turn of the next century.

You obviously make the deal assuming Ellis re-signs.

Ellis/Smith make the team better than Reinhart/Bogo - so that helps 'turn the corner'.

And having 4 1sts isn't a bad thing. You can use those first packaged up to move up. Or use them in a trade /trades for roster players.

Seems like a no brainer for me but of course in some people eyes Reinhart is more valuable to the Sabres than Eichel or Dahlin...

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Now that's much better.

The reason why the Sabres rebuild has been so terrible with top pick after top pick year after year after year, is because players like Reinhart were supposed to be "core pieces" and have failed to live up to the expectations.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014

SO Buffalo has adding speed the whole off-season, so it makes perfect sense to add the slowest forward in NHL. Sorry Lucic contract slot is taken by Okposo, doubt Buffalo want 2 of those…

And judging by "Bottes" moves, they dont want more picks and prospects, they want good players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad