Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building Thread: Your proposal is bad and you should feel bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Mackey is saying quite explicitly that JR is dangling Jarry out there as trade bait...I have a hard time seeing this...what if Murray gets injured again?...

Rutherford: Penguins have 'options' for potential next deal
Can anyone summarize?

I don't think we should move a goalie this season. More options to address our roster in the off season and it pays to have a known guy that we have won with ready as insurance this year.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Sheahan and Cullen are perfectly capable of doing it till this season is over.

There's always someone you can pick up for cheap to do 4C and a low-cost trade for 3C isn't ridiculous.
Sheahan isn't very good. Cullen is a little better and is a good utility knife, but he is 42 years old and can't play heavy minutes and be nearly as effective. Blueger has never played a second in the NHL. We are going to have to go through the Bolts if we get to round 3, or the team that beat the Bolts and then the western conference champions.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Can anyone summarize?

I don't think we should move a goalie this season. More options to address our roster in the off season and it pays to have a known guy that we have won with ready as insurance this year.
JR says he doesn't have anything on lock right now, but will do something before the deadline.

Mackey speculates that Brassard, picks, and Jarry are on the way out for a forward or two.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Can anyone summarize?

This is the only paragraph that mentioned Jarry

He's also never been shy about trading premium draft choices, and Rutherford will be dangling a former second-round pick in Tristan Jarry.

The rest was just that he liked Oleksiak and thought here was more improvement but we need cap and had to make room for Schultz and our D structure has changed. Nothing imminent but he wants to be able to pull the trigger if a deal comes up. Which JR said it will.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Ferland it is I suppose.

What other D are out there? Pietrangelo? :sarcasm:

Akso Panarin likely to he traded now apparently. He could be a big move for any bubble team.

Last edited:
Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Ughh I guess we're stuck with maatta. I don't understand why the organization loves him so much. It's not that he's terrible, he just doesn't fit the teams identity at all.

Only way we get rid of him now is if Pietrangelo falls into our lap. Not holding my breath though.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I mean that Muzzin return was basically our version of 1st+Addison+Hallander. Would have been a heavy, heavy price to pay for the Pens.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Ferland it is I suppose.

What other D are out there? Pietrangelo? :sarcasm:

Akso Panarin likely to he traded now apparently. He could be a big move for any bubble team.

1st+Addison+Brass a viable starting point for Breadman? Normally not a huge fan of pricey rentals but I’m down with selling the farm for a guy of his caliber.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Ughh I guess we're stuck with maatta. I don't understand why the organization loves him so much. It's not that he's terrible, he just doesn't fit the teams identity at all.

Only way we get rid of him now is if Pietrangelo falls into our lap. Not holding my breath though.

Rutherford hasn’t been doing a very good job identifying who fits our identity for 3 years now.

Even 2017’s moves didn’t really work.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Yeah, it's my opinion, friend. Don't let it bother you.

I couldn't be less bothered. Just trying to understand your thinking.

I think you didn't know how good they've been when you said they were trash and are now just dying on this hill, instead of just admitting you may have been wrong.

Just my thought.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I mean that Muzzin return was basically our version of 1st+Addison+Hallander. Would have been a heavy, heavy price to pay for the Pens.
Prospects are not guaranteed commodities. Duba is going for it this year. I think Toronto made a solid trade.

Toronto gets Muzzin and Tavares while we get Jack Johnson and Tanner Pearson.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Prospects are not guaranteed commodities. Duba is going for it this year. I think Toronto made a solid trade.
Never said they were guaranteed. Said it’s a heavy price to pay for the Pens. It is. That’s their two best prospects and their 1st. Also didn’t say no to doing that deal either.

I think it’s an awesome trade for Toronto. But they have cap space and a much deeper farm system than the Pens. Liked the acquisition for them.

1st+Hallander+Addison completely destroys the Pens farm system. I’m okay with dealing all of those pieces but imo it’s gotta be the right player. Not sure Muzzin was the guy I’d break the bank for- which isn’t to say I don’t think he would have been a spectacular fit, but if JR gave up that package we are pretty limited in assets to add elsewhere in the lineup. I’d be really tempted but idk if I say yes or no.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

Neither did Bonino.

Because he's usually pretty effective when he's on the ice. HF gets hung up on "his skating sucks", while his GM looks at him and see's someone that usually excels at keeping the puck out of the net.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Truth be told, JR has spent the last 18 months deconstructing a cup champion and turning them into a team every bit as slow, bland, and lacking in puck moving defensemen as the team that started the 2015-2016 season.

Truth be told, the Pens identity WAS playing fast, but as the rest of the league spent the last 18 months getting faster, the Pens got slower and less mobile, to the point that this team is every bit as slow in today's NHL as the 2015-2016 Penguins were in the NHL of 4 years ago.

Until JR is willing, as a philosophical matter, to fix THAT, I'm not sure anything else from a cap and roster management perspective matters.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I just want moves that make this team fun to watch again tbh.

This team’s problems are 90% defense related. The other team has an advantage every time Letang/Dumo leave the ice. If Schultz isn’t in mid-season form this team won’t have any hope.. it’s just stupid to watch at this point. JMFJ is a joke and Maatta can’t carry a pairing.

Reactions: Andy99 and KIRK

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I couldn't be less bothered. Just trying to understand your thinking.

I think you didn't know how good they've been when you said they were trash and are now just dying on this hill, instead of just admitting you may have been wrong.

Just my thought.

I have an opinion. You have yours. I think you're taking this a little too seriously. Kind of funny.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I have an opinion. You have yours. It's obvious this bothers you, which to me is kind of funny. This is my last response.

Like I said, it doesn't bother me one bit. Someone engaging in a conversation regarding hockey, doesn't mean they're bothered by your opinion.

Just pointing out what you said just isn't factually correct. Far from bothered.

Danault is on pace to have a 50 point 5v5 year. That is pretty damn good.

Explain how he sucks if you may?

Reactions: Peat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad