Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building Thread: Your proposal is bad and you should feel bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
There's a tweet in French on Montreal's trade thread talking about Maatta for Lehkonen, for whatever that's worth.

Yeah that doesn’t make common sense @Common Sense ;)

Not in a 1 for 1 deal anyway. I think he’s a good player seems smart. Can play aggressive even though pretty small like Simon does but with better goal scoring instincts.

Would think he’d be good for the team in a separate or bigger deal.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah that doesn’t make common sense @Common Sense ;)

Not in a 1 for 1 deal anyway. I think he’s a good player seems smart. Can play aggressive even though pretty small like Simon does but with better goal scoring instincts.

Would think he’d be good for the team in a separate or bigger deal.

We got the Aussie Jay Zed over here.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
We got the Aussie Jay Zed over here.

PoshJitteryKitfox-max-1mb.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Listen to Moment of Clarity by Jay Z.

The music business hate me 'cause the industry ain't make me
Hustlers and boosters embrace me and the music I be making
I dumb down for my audience and double my dollars
They criticize me for it yet they all yell "Holla"
If skills sold truth be told
I'd probably be lyrically Talib Kweli
Truthfully I want to rhyme like Common Sense (But I did five Mil)
I ain't been rhyming like Common since

Reactions: Tom Hanks

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
There's a tweet in French on Montreal's trade thread talking about Maatta for Lehkonen, for whatever that's worth.

It's worth nothing according to the people on that forum.

As to the original tweet about the Habs and Maatta, apparently it's a moderately consistent reliable source.

Reactions: Turin

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Man, I don't even know if I would be mad at getting Lehkonen for Maatta. Even if you then flip Lehkonen in another deal, just to get that cap space back for this off season...f*** it.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I like Lehkonen, he’s kinda nasty

...but it’s a big roll of the dice to leave your bottom 4 D as an coming off major injury Justin Schultz, Marcus Petersson, Jack Johnson and Jusso Riikola.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

...but it’s a big roll of the dice to leave your bottom 4 D as an coming off major injury Justin Schultz, Marcus Petersson, Jack Johnson and Jusso Riikola.

I don't think JR has to worry about contention this season.
He's gotta re-tool this thing and pray G finds his game/motivation again.

I don't even know if a re-tool will get them back to contention but whatever this is ain't gonna get him anywhere.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void

Better than when Jamie Oleksiak was part of the equation. All the guys we have now have been our best possible pairings all season.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Man, I don't even know if I would be mad at getting Lehkonen for Maatta. Even if you then flip Lehkonen in another deal, just to get that cap space back for this off season...**** it.

If we got him we should keep him. He’s good and should keep improving. He’d fit in to the teams style and we’re I think we are trying to head.

I think smart with skill is more important than speed going forward for us. Speeds great too but a smart player can play fast and no one is quicker than the puck. The less mistakes we make the better we are as we pretty much will score.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I'd do Maatta for Lehkonen. Winger with speed, good shot, and solid defensively. Only problem is our defensive depth is getting worse, without actually upgrading on Maatta.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I'd do Maatta for Lehkonen. Winger with speed, good shot, and solid defensively. Only problem is our defensive depth is getting worse, without actually upgrading on Maatta.

You say that like it’s not a big deal, when this team absolutely bleeds shots, chances and goals against.

Reactions: Son Goku

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If we got him we should keep him. He’s good and should keep improving. He’d fit in to the teams style and we’re I think we are trying to head.

I think smart with skill is more important than speed going forward for us. Speeds great too but a smart player can play fast and no one is quicker than the puck. The less mistakes we make the better we are as we pretty much will score.
I think his skating is good, and I disagree, I think speed is very important in todays game. Being smart and having skill doesn't preclude you from having wheels. He's also really good at getting his shot off and he's apt at taking care of the puck. Definitely a Sully type player. Although he at times went through long droughts with no goals. That's a concern.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
How'd you get that from what I said?

I’m mostly bugging you, but “I’d trade a decent defenseman without replacing him, only problem is that we don’t upgrade the D” is funny considering just how bad the D is. I mean hell.. Pens played like shit today and they still scored 3. They gotta focus on D. I agree Lehkonen could be a fit, just not for Maatta.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I think his skating is good, and I disagree, I think speed is very important in todays game. Being smart and having skill doesn't preclude you from having wheels. He's also really good at getting his shot off and he's apt at taking care of the puck. Definitely a Sully type player. Although he at times went through long droughts with no goals. That's a concern.

No it doesn’t but everyone can’t have top end speed plus great hockey IQ and skill. If they have that they will cost a lot to get and teams wouldnt be giving them up.

I wasn’t saying speed isn’t important (it is) but I think smart skilled players are the way the NHL is heading as long as they aren’t Maatta slow. You can have a bunch of average to just above average speed players on the ice look really fast just because of the way they play.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I can not stress how much this is frustrating to just read, hear, and think about anymore.

I think we have a lot of "Sully type player's" on this team right now and we f***ing suck dude. We don't need players that is a coach's type.

We need players that are a compliment to players we have that are core guys - Like GENO.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I’m mostly bugging you, but “I’d trade a decent defenseman without replacing him, only problem is that we don’t upgrade the D” is funny considering just how bad the D is. I mean hell.. Pens played like **** today and they still scored 3. They gotta focus on D. I agree Lehkonen could be a fit, just not for Maatta.

I've probably been a broken record about my feelings on the current defense corps. My first priority would be to upgrade on Maatta. But that doesn't seem to be in the cards since JR seems to love both Maatta and Johnson (the two who need to be upgraded), so I'd rather trade Maatta for Lehkonen than keep the status quo.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I'd imagine Lekhonen is one of the options for LW. If Ferland or Dzingel dont work out, trade Maatta for him and then acquire a D? I dont know, seems strange.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
No it doesn’t but everyone can’t have top end speed plus great hockey IQ and skill. If they have that they will cost a lot to get and teams wouldnt be giving them up.

I wasn’t saying speed isn’t important (it is) but I think smart skilled players are the way the NHL is heading as long as they aren’t Maatta slow. You can have a bunch of average to just above average speed players on the ice look really fast just because of the way they play.

I'm not saying every player has to have McDavid level speed, but above average speed is crucial IMO. As long as they have a high IQ and skill to go along with that. Ideally you want to be fast and play fast, but, I know what you're getting at.
I can not stress how much this is frustrating to just read, hear, and think about anymore.

I think we have a lot of "Sully type player's" on this team right now and we ****ing suck dude. We don't need players that is a coach's type.

We need players that are a compliment to players we have that are core guys - Like GENO.
I'm not saying him being a Sully type of player is good or bad (although it's probably better the coach likes him), I'm just suggesting he's that type of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->