Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building | Everybody's Building Ships and Boats

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
With Mackey calling the Sheahan trade I can't imagine that his sources are getting this wrong. I can't imagine he would be talking about this like he is if something wasn't there. Bombulie also reported this as well so I think Bob is off on this one

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I thought he was back...oh well

Yeah, you’d expect him to be. He’s racked up a few concussions in recent years, is about 6 weeks out from the latest and it doesn’t look like he’s practicing. I don’t trust things like that.

Well, someone is sending JR a message.

That’s me but he never responds. I want a box of his preferred cookies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
With Mackey calling the Sheahan trade I can't imagine that his sources are getting this wrong. I can't imagine he would be talking about this like he is if something wasn't there. Bombulie also reported this as well so I think Bob is off on this one

If Mackey (or any Pens beat writer) goes with something like this, then it's (a) far enough along and (b) not something the team is telling him not to discuss. Pens beat reporters are lap dogs. They keep stuff in confidence unless they've got the okay (or at least the absence of a DON'T DO THAT) to put it out there.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, you’d expect him to be. He’s racked up a few concussions in recent years, is about 6 weeks out from the latest and it doesn’t look like he’s practicing. I don’t trust things like that..

Fleury was back practicing on Nov 9 according to an article I read...maybe he had a set back

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
If Mackey (or any Pens beat writer) goes with something like this, then it's (a) far enough along and (b) not something the team is telling him not to discuss. Pens beat reporters are lap dogs. They keep stuff in confidence unless they've got the okay (or at least the absence of a DON'T DO THAT) to put it out there.

So are you saying you think Bob is off as well?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Question for people, if Kane came with an extension, would you move Sprong and Cole (plus whatever else it might take, if it might take more) for him?

No way in hell. We need CHEAP, young talent, especially if we are going to extend Horny (we need to extend Horny).

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Still have to practice.

giphy.gif

Reactions: EightyOne

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So are you saying you think Bob is off as well?

No, I'm saying that media guys are fed information. When Bob alludes to JR asking too much and not to assume a deal gets done (if that's what JR is asking), then SOMEONE is sending a message.

It COULD be another team.

It COULD be JR basically saying 'I'm not moving him unless I get the right deal'.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
No, I'm saying that media guys are fed information. When Bob alludes to JR asking too much and not to assume a deal gets done (if that's what JR is asking), then SOMEONE is sending a message.

It COULD be another team.

It COULD be JR basically saying 'I'm not moving him unless I get the right deal'.

Ah I see what you are saying now

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
All Bobby Mac is saying that its not a foregone conclusion that Cole gets traded.

It would be hard for me to see Cole playing for the pens again after all this, i mean he was given permission to talk to other teams.

It just seems like its gone to far to turn back now.

Reactions: EightyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad