Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building | Everybody's Building Ships and Boats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If you believe the three teams are Colorado, Vegas, and Toronto then the options appear to be:

Tor: Bozak
Vegas: Eakin, Lindberg, ....Haula, ...................Karlsson (in order of GMGM's willingness to trade IMO)
Colorado: Soderberg

IMO, the centers for Vegas are the most attractive. I'd be okay with Bozak as a rental, but I want JR to solve the 3C issue for the next few years.

Soderberg is 32. Not psyched about a 32 year old signed for 3 more years as the 3C.

Completely agree with this. No to Soderberg, Bozak only as a rental, and any center from Vegas except Lindberg. Cole is worth more signed than him...he hasn't shown that he could be a 3C here and his offensive prowess is suspect, and we need scoring from our center...

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
This makes sense, to a team that needs that role filled, Cole has solid value. I cannot see a deal with TOR, the pieces just don't fit great, and neither team wants to help the other. Cole's game works better in the west, and JR has motivation to send him there. Could do something like Karlsson + Sbisa @ 1/2 for Cole, waive McKegg to get under the cap. Not sure how much that helps VGK, and they use up one of their retentions which I'd expect them to use at the deadline to get futures, but oh well. Though a team like COL might want some leadership in the room I suppose.

We will have to add a very big + to Cole to get Karlsson. Dude has 13 goals and 22 points in 22 games. IMO, it would have to be at least Cole + 1st and probably more.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
We will have to add a very big + to Cole to get Karlsson. Dude has 13 goals and 22 points in 22 games. IMO, it would have to be at least Cole + 1st and probably more.
yeah, if JR gets Karlsson with Cole as the main piece going back he is some sort of wizard. That would be beyond Scuderi for Daley level of fleecing.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This makes sense, to a team that needs that role filled, Cole has solid value. I cannot see a deal with TOR, the pieces just don't fit great, and neither team wants to help the other. Cole's game works better in the west, and JR has motivation to send him there. Could do something like Karlsson + Sbisa @ 1/2 for Cole, waive McKegg to get under the cap. Not sure how much that helps VGK, and they use up one of their retentions which I'd expect them to use at the deadline to get futures, but oh well. Though a team like COL might want some leadership in the room I suppose.

It's not going to be Karlsson if the Penguins trade with Vegas. I think it's going to be Eakin if I had to guess. I think Karlsson is way too good for Vegas to trade, Haula is playing too well and has too good of a contract to trade and Lindberg isn't quite good enough for the Penguins to trade Cole for. But Eakin, I think that makes a ton of sense. Eakin has basically everything you want out of a 3C, he's peak Hagelin if Hagelin played center. His possession stats are mediocre, but he gets a ton of ES points, is very reliable defensively, kills penalties and is laser fast. He'd be a good target for the 3C spot, he's just as good as Bonino is. It's just a question of how do you fit his $3.85 million cap hit here? That's fair for him, but that's pricey for the Penguins.

The nice thing about Eakin too is that he can play wing, so if Sheahan suddenly explodes into a 3C, you can have Eakin on LW with Kessel and have that wing duo be really effective.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Completely agree with this. No to Soderberg, Bozak only as a rental, and any center from Vegas except Lindberg. Cole is worth more signed than him...he hasn't shown that he could be a 3C here and his offensive prowess is suspect, and we need scoring from our center...

Agreed. The other 3 allow you to slide Sheahan down to 4C. Lindberg hasn't proven he's an upgrade on Sheahan. Not a terrible acquisition or anything, but not the jolt I'd want to the center depth to lose a popular and effective dman like Cole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad