Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster Building | Cap Details + Links not yet in First Post | Trade Deadline 2.25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
giphy.gif

Follow the yellow brick road?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Im not thinking that they would do so to prevent him getting poached by another club, more so that he wouldn’t retire and get a day job or go to Europe maybe. I’m guessing this is the case if it’s a 2way deal that pays him 200-300k vs 70-90k. Just my hunch, but who knows. He does wear an “A” though.

If that is what they are doing I like it.

But they could still pay him 200-300k on an AHL only contract. The only thing an NHL contract does is prevent him from signing an NHL contract with another NHL team.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
I know everyones dismal but I think the Pens are a middle pairing defenseman and a middle 6 forward away from being on the right page.

That achievable. Maybe the defense gets a plug and the winger can be masked by a fill in... or someone get hot... Or Teddy B just finds his notch...

Right now ZARs looking fantastic with Malkin. Like a mean version of Feds.

A top 3 D and a 2LW away. But how many other teams can say the same thing?

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Yea about calling up ANA right now...

DO IT!
I know there'll be more than us wanting their D but you gotta make that call.

It just seems crazy to me that they have Kesler’s albatross contract and Henrique’s not-so-great deal up front, and so they’d be boxed into selling one of their defenders.

Anyway, it would have to be Fowler at this point, right? Manson and Lindholm have to be non starters, and Montour seems like he’s too cheap and too young to pass on. Do you think offering up a start of Pearson and Jarry with picks gets any traction?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It just seems crazy to me that they have Kesler’s albatross contract and Henrique’s not-so-great deal up front, and so they’d be boxed into selling one of their defenders.

Anyway, it would have to be Fowler at this point, right? Manson and Lindholm have to be non starters, and Montour seems like he’s too cheap and too young to pass on. Do you think offering up a start of Pearson and Jarry with picks gets any traction?

Not without giving a ridiculous number of picks.

Right now my best guess for Pearson's and Jarry's trade value would be equivalent to two 3rd round picks, or a 2nd and a 3rd with a bit of luck. As a package, they move the needle on SFA.

Maatta and picks might start getting places.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Would love to see the Pens pick up DSP if they could. He was an absolute beast for the Craps last year. He'd give the 4th line some physical jam we've lost. Plus he's a LW. I'm not really thrilled with our LWers at the moment. After Guentzel, you might as well pull a slot machine to figure out who goes where. Too much uncertainty on the left side and playing Rust/Kessel out of position.

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012
Would love to see the Pens pick up DSP if they could. He was an absolute beast for the Craps last year. He'd give the 4th line some physical jam we've lost. Plus he's a LW. I'm not really thrilled with our LWers at the moment. After Guentzel, you might as well pull a slot machine to figure out who goes where. Too much uncertainty on the left side and playing Rust/Kessel out of position.
Ironic if we end up with DSP and the Caps with Hagelin

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I think it is hoping against hope that JJ is going to suddenly turn it around in the playoffs, but some guys do manage to elevate their game in the post season. Hopefully JMFJ is one of them.

I think the thing that might help him the most is if he can play on the left side. In his defense, he has played most of the season on his off side. That's not the best thing for a low hockey IQ player. That's why I think finding a RHD that can move the puck well should be their #1 target. I just don't know who that guy is.

CommissionerGordon

Mar 10, 2017
Bobby Ryan [$1.8m salary retained]
Matt Duchene
Logan Brown

for

Matt Murray
Brian Dumoulin
Nick Bjugstad
Jared McCann
2019 1st

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Probably, although I do wonder IF there's an early exit (1st round or even the bad 4-1 or 4-2 in round 2) if we get some ugly anonymous sniping between Camp JR and Camp Sully this summer.
that scenario depends who we would lose to and how. A 6 or 7 game first round exit to Tampa or Washington wouldn't exactly be an embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad