Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster Building | Cap Details + Links not yet in First Post | Trade Deadline 2.25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
You-know-who's trade proposals are atomically bad. Even for HF. :laugh:

Strip the Pens house down to the studs. Leave nothing but the beams. And then take all the spare parts you've pulled off and build and extra couple of floors on the teetering frame. Galaxy brain-type stuff there.

Seriously. Murray, Dumo, Guentzel. They're in nearly every one of these proposals and they're three of our most productive, affordable players. They provide value totally over and above their cap hit, and yet they're the first ones sacrificed in all of these deals. Complete lunacy

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Oh come on dude.

I actually agree with @Solzhenitsyn. For me it's not that JR made a mistake with signing JJ (that's it's own entirely separate issue), but that Rutherford is struggling with the objectivity of analyzing JJ and his performance here. I mean even if one was excited about JJ in July, after 4.5 months of data, how can one still be that enthusiastic about him today? I get defending JJ to an extent because trashing him doesn't serve the team all that well (trade value, confidence, etc), but from what I read, Rutherford didn't hedge at all, defended him completely and blamed everything on "bad PR" from the presser when he was signed. As if all fans are that stupid (I recognize that some certainly are), but many (and most here) are objective enough to form their own opinions. And while I don't think JJ has been as bad as most have mostly made him out to be, he's easily been bad enough that JR defending him as he did is an issue that could easily be pointed to as a bigger issue.

JJ is gonna make everyone eat crow come playoffs. Bank on it.

As bad as he's been, I do think the POs are better suited for his style of play. That said, even with that I don't think he'll be that much better in the POs as his issues will transcend simply what the ref's will allow/not allow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99 and Turin

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
So who does the board obsess about now for the next few years? Coyle was constantly mentioned here the past 2+.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Wheres the space for DSP? We already have Blueger sitting and team loves Wilson.

DSP currently is a much better fit as an NHL LW compared to both of those guys.

We have:

Guentzel LW1
ZAR LW2 (Who knows for how long or until he stops producing)
Slot machine lever LW3
Slot machine lever LW4

For LW3 and LW4 choose from Blueger, Wilson, Simon, and Pearson. None of them have cemented themselves as a must have in the lineup. They're there because we're weak on the left side.

McCann, Rust, and Kessel can play LW though Rust and Kessel for sure look like shit playing LW and don't belong there.

We're an injury away from Guentzel on having ZAR as our top LW. Let that sink in.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I actually agree with @Solzhenitsyn. For me it's not that JR made a mistake with signing JJ (that's it's own entirely separate issue), but that Rutherford is struggling with the objectivity of analyzing JJ and his performance here. I mean even if one was excited about JJ in July, after 4.5 months of data, how can one still be that enthusiastic about him today? I get defending JJ to an extent because trashing him doesn't serve the team all that well (trade value, confidence, etc), but from what I read, Rutherford didn't hedge at all, defended him completely and blamed everything on "bad PR" from the presser when he was signed. As if all fans are that stupid (I recognize that some certainly are), but many (and most here) are objective enough to form their own opinions. And while I don't think JJ has been as bad as most have mostly made him out to be, he's easily been bad enough that JR defending him as he did is an issue that could easily be pointed to as a bigger issue.

Matt Hunwick sucked, but he was on a better contract and sucked after concussion issues, and still sucked less than Johnson. Nobody defended him, everybody trashed him and JR sacrificed a decent player to get rid of him. The fact that JR is dying on this hill means ego > results now.

Reactions: Andy99 and Riptide

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
If Minny are going to start making real moves, is there any chance they could be convinced to part with one of their blueliners? He's pricey, but Spurgeon?

Edit: Minny like their Finns, too. If Olli wasnt injured I bet he would hold some value for them (he would fit in perfectly, age-wise for a retool/rebuild)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->