Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster Building | Cap Details + Links not yet in First Post | Trade Deadline 2.25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
I’m not sure Fenton knows what he’s doing. I’m not huge on Coyle and I don’t know that much about Donato, but you traded Coyle and Neids for Donato and Rask.

Barf. That's Chiarelli/Milbury level there. That Neids/Rask trade was mega barf. Wild fans should be pissed.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Barf. That's Chiarelli/Milbury level there. That Neids/Rask trade was mega barf. Wild fans should be pissed.

Donato might be better than I know, idk. Surface level suggests this isn’t amazing, and yea that last trade is barf.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Donato might be better than I know, idk. Surface level suggests this isn’t amazing, and yea that last trade is barf.

Came up last season right out of College and put up 9 points in 12 games for the Bruins, but this season didn't seem to be able to stick or improve enough to be a top six option.

I guess it could be a solid return for Minnesota if he can find last year's form (he was also a former 2nd round pick). But he's nowhere near a "proven commodity".

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I desperately want speeeeeeed.

getty_marcusjohanssonx_2018-01-25.jpg

If Minny are going to start making real moves, is there any chance they could be convinced to part with one of their blueliners? He's pricey, but Spurgeon?

Edit: Minny like their Finns, too. If Olli wasnt injured I bet he would hold some value for them (he would fit in perfectly, age-wise for a retool/rebuild)

Please God.

Reactions: Extra Texture

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I know this is an ongoing debate, but if Fowler can stay healthy I can't for the life of me see how he could fail on this team. With his skating, even if you take out all his offensive ability, he just seems like a perfect Pens player, down to the ground.

Then again I was dead wrong about Brassard so what do I know?

The difference between Fowler and the role we'd want for him and Brassard and the role we wanted for him couldn't be more different. Fowler would be at worst our #3D and he would be playing big minutes in pretty much every situation (offensively, defensively, PP, PK, etc). That wasn't the situation Brassard was given, or one that he had much interested in attempting to do in a contract year (if at all). IF Fowler was a RD where he'd be battling KL/JS for minutes and chances then I think this would be a little more of a comparable situation, but as a very good LD, he'd basically only be battling Dumoulin for icetime. And when you're that good, there's more than enough icetime to go around between the two of them.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
JR go hard after Surgeon. Moving Pearson would allow us to fit his salary.

My concern is every comment JR's made about potential additions always seems to be about adding a top six winger. I don't think JR even sees adding another top 4 defenseman as a need, but more as a luxury.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
If Minny are going to start making real moves, is there any chance they could be convinced to part with one of their blueliners? He's pricey, but Spurgeon?

Edit: Minny like their Finns, too. If Olli wasnt injured I bet he would hold some value for them (he would fit in perfectly, age-wise for a retool/rebuild)

If Minny is rebuilding/retooling, does OM being out for the next month or two really matter to them? I see it as not being all that different then the E.Kane trade to Buffalo, where he was done for the year, but it didn't matter because they wanted him for what he could provide going beyond the current season.

But then you read the comments about JR defending JJ and how he's not looking to do much of anything on the blueline, and that doesn't really instill much faith that he'd make a move like that.

Reactions: Extra Texture

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
The difference between Fowler and the role we'd want for him and Brassard and the role we wanted for him couldn't be more different. Fowler would be at worst our #3D and he would be playing big minutes in pretty much every situation (offensively, defensively, PP, PK, etc). That wasn't the situation Brassard was given, or one that he had much interested in attempting to do in a contract year (if at all). IF Fowler was a RD where he'd be battling KL/JS for minutes and chances then I think this would be a little more of a comparable situation, but as a very good LD, he'd basically only be battling Dumoulin for icetime. And when you're that good, there's more than enough icetime to go around between the two of them.
Probably wont happen but would be cool if Ducks ate 1M of Fowlers contract since they will be rebuilding I am assuming and all. Roll our top 4 D as much as possible, JJ can play 5 minutes or less.

Reactions: Riptide

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This thread will resume Tuesday after the trade deadline. Let's do an all-encompassing GDT for the deadline since all the talk starts to linger into different threads.

Reactions: CoyoteSkyDiver
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad