Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster Building (Cap Details in First Post) | All Your Base Are Belong to Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I get a good laugh out of the fact that...

1. We moved a Center that we play as a Left Wing.
2. Got back a Center that will play as a Left Wing.
3. Teddy ****ing Blueger is a Center that could possibly play Left Wing and has deserved a shot, will never get one.

What a ****ing idiot, that JR.

So he's ok moving 1 mistake and keeping another (2 or 3 on this team, well maybe even 4).

Yeah, the whole move doesn’t make sense and I agree with your assessment.

I was just pointing out the fact that a grown man has the twitter handle of “the magic bullet”.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Believe Blandisi does not have to clear waivers. Grant does. Again, tiny bit of roster flexibility.

Do not over analyze this one.

Reactions: Turin

Clatartar

Dec 28, 2014
DDD7FF0D-1EB0-4341-8387-54EB90DF2F92.png

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think this is the first stage of multiple moves for JR.

Creates a tiny bit more roster flexibility with a guy who can go down to the AHL without clearing waivers.

He IS in the AHL. I think Blandisi has to clear waivers, the issue is Grant would have had to as well and would have likely been lost on waivers for nothing. Blandisi on the other hand, is already in the AHL (likely where he belongs) and has no such waiver issue.

I would have rather had JR get Aberg instead, instead we got....Blandisi.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Penguins Acquire Forward Joseph Blandisi from the Anaheim Ducks

Blandisi is signed through the end of the regular season, and he carries an average annual value of $680,000 at the NHL level. He will be a restricted free agent this summer. He will be joining the Penguins in Arizona on Thursday.

Hes playing on Friday, i guess no Teddy.

Maybe JR saw how slow the Pens looked against the Sharks and wanted to add some speed.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Penguins Acquire Forward Joseph Blandisi from the Anaheim Ducks

Blandisi is signed through the end of the regular season, and he carries an average annual value of $680,000 at the NHL level. He will be a restricted free agent this summer. He will be joining the Penguins in Arizona on Thursday.

Hes playing on Friday, i guess no Teddy.

Maybe JR saw how slow the Pens looked against the Sharks and wanted to add some speed.

Where are you getting that he's traveling with the team to 'Zona?

Also fun fact - this ass clown was drafted at PPG in 2012 by the Avs.

JR, you dumb f***ing old ass hat. What are you doing? Stop playing other people's trash on this team, what the f*** do you have an AHL team with prospects for if you aren't going to use them?

Blueger has been far better than Blandisi in the AHL, similar age, no waiver issues, team also spent money on developing him....why the f*** wouldn't you call him up?

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Where are you getting that he's traveling with the team to 'Zona?

Also fun fact - this ass clown was drafted at PPG in 2012 by the Avs.

JR, you dumb ****ing old ass hat. What are you doing? Stop playing other people's trash on this team, what the **** do you have an AHL team with prospects for if you aren't going to use them?

Blueger has been far better than Blandisi in the AHL, similar age, no waiver issues, team also spent money on developing him....why the **** wouldn't you call him up?

The link i just posted said he was traveling with the team to Arizona.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Sharks just made the Pens look like a very slow team.

Arizona Vegas TB and Toronto are all fast teams coming up on the Pens schedule.

Add a little more speed to the lineup would be my guess.
The Pens didn't look slow because they had slow players vs Sharks, they played slow because they made slow decisions, the Sharks were making quick touch passes and moving as a unit, they were US in 2015 and we were THEM in 2015. Also, what does some f***ing jobber from the AHL do in terms of making us faster?

This plug is barely a 4th line player. THAT is going to make us quicker all around? Sharks just got their ass handed to them by the Yotes.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
The Pens didn't look slow because they had slow players vs Sharks, they played slow because they made slow decisions, the Sharks were making quick touch passes and moving as a unit, they were US in 2015 and we were THEM in 2015. Also, what does some ****ing jobber from the AHL do in terms of making us faster?

This plug is barely a 4th line player. THAT is going to make us quicker all around? Sharks just got their ass handed to them by the Yotes.

I'm not claiming that switching out a 4th player is going to all of a sudden make this huge difference, but it helps a little bit.

Hes probably not even going to be in the lineup once Horny and ZAR get back.

Hes also able to be sent down to WB which helps.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
This is a true who cares trade. Once in 2014 I interrupted a date to read HFBoards reactions to the Lapierre/Goc trade and to this day I cringe thinking about it.

Reactions: WheresRamziAbid

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The only weird part is the timing of the trade. Unless ZAR or Hornqvist are set to return next game, it's a weird time to trade away a guy who is actually being dressed in games at the moment (Grant) for a guy in the AHL who probably shouldn't be dressed ahead of some of the guys we've got down there.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The only weird part is the timing of the trade. Unless ZAR or Hornqvist are set to return next game, it's a weird time to trade away a guy who is actually being dressed in games at the moment (Grant) for a guy in the AHL who probably shouldn't be dressed ahead of some of the guys we've got down there.

ZAR definitely isn’t and Hornqvist should definitely not be allowed to play before our bye week.

Maybe it was the Ducks who initiated the call so we just did it now and liked Blandisi for the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad