Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster Building (Cap Details in First Post) | All Your Base Are Belong to Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
If Sheahan gets to play with Kessel and a decent LW, he might not be the worst 3C. I’m just sayin. He’s sitting at 20% offensive zone starts right now.
i get frustrated with the collective amnesia this board seems to have about sheahan's run up to the trade deadline with kessel last year... that was a combo we were all really starting to like

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
i get frustrated with the collective amnesia this board seems to have about sheahan's run up to the trade deadline with kessel last year... that was a combo we were all really starting to like

But does it/was it...

1. Work without Guentzel on the otherside?

2. Just a flash in the pan?

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Maybe it’s just me but I wouldn’t hate a Brassard for Dubinsky trade. Dubinsky is a cock to play against and I’d much rather have a heart and soul player like him than a finesse guy playing like a limp dick for us now.

Dubinsky is more of a prototypical 3C and hard to play against guy. His hustle is more fit for Sully’s system.

Or maybe GMJR is using the rumor mill to get what he really wants elsewhere by having this thrown out there...

Only reason I'd even consider that deal is so we don't ever have to worry about Dubinsky cross checking Crosby in the neck constantly. Otherwise, I think the guy's legs are shot.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Let’s just stop talking about it because Panarin is one of my favorite players in the league and I dream of him lining up next to 71.
Well he is never going to stay in CBJ so... it caaaaaan happen.....

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I mean, everyones still moveable for me outside of Sid, G, Letang and Murray now. ETA: Oops and Jake.
Call me and make an offer...

^was in response to if one would move Pearson or not

I'm into changing the identity again right now.
After Brassard, hopefully Rig's gone soon after then i wanna get Sheahan and Olli outta here.

I'm praying JR doesn't send Riiko out. Him, MP and JJ are fine for #5-7 atm.
I'd wager Tanger, Dumo, Dragon, and Muzz are also in the no trading list.

Edit: Murray is on your list already. Nvm.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I did not like it and playing our two best wingers on the third line is not a recipe to success.
And yet that was the original plan and part of your admiration for Bones and his production came while having fantastic wingers and still not having an insane year with them.

Sheahan got the same opportunity as Bones and Brass and looked good and was doing better, yet the collective of Sheahan haters don't like him simply because he's not a big enough name to want to push kessel with.

Issue is this - no matter what happens, the coaching staff wants to keep kessel on the 3rd line. So whomever we get is going to be getting great wingers and well, playing one of our best wingers with Bones was a recipe for success.

So I mean...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
And yet that was the original plan and part of your admiration for Bones and his production came while having fantastic wingers and still not having an insane year with them.

Sheahan got the same opportunity as Bones and Brass and looked good and was doing better, yet the collective of Sheahan haters don't like him simply because he's not a big enough name to want to push kessel with.

Issue is this - no matter what happens, the coaching staff wants to keep kessel on the 3rd line. So whomever we get is going to be getting great wingers and well, playing one of our best wingers with Bones was a recipe for success.

So I mean...

Bonino never had a player like Jake Guentzel on his LW.

And HBK has nothing to do with my admiration of Bonino. He’s a perfect utility player that can fit any role you want. Similar to Dupuis who got similar shit around here for “not being that great”.

Reactions: Justin Sickways

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Bonino never had a player like Jake Guentzel on his LW
Jake was also on his usual cold/hot streak last year. So he was getting shifted down like Sully tends to do in that situation.

Bones had Hagelin and Kessel, even Jake for a fart sniff.

Brass has had time with Sid And Geno, has had Jake, Pearson, Horny, Hagelin, Lord Rust, and Kessel and still produces like shit.

Sheahan produced solid 3c numbers with similar options.

So what is the part that makes you feel one of them got more help than the others?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Folks... I've seen this trend lately. We are waiting around for mods to create threads only. This is a members forum. Even us mods, @DegenX @BHD and myself are members. We can all create new threads.

When a thread reaches 1k, we need a new thread. Please do not wait for a mod to create it. If we are 60+ posts past 1k, just start a new one and a mod will close the prior one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->