Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster Building (Cap Details in First Post) | All Your Base Are Belong to Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If we trade CBJ Derrick Brassard, the old man is more of an arrogant moron than I thought.

You’re going to give a team we likely play in the playoffs a motivated player that has slayed us throughout his career?

Why not, if it makes us better?

I don't believe in tooling up for potential opponents. You just build the best roster you can and hope it pans out.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
According to Friedman it looks like Grant is going back to the Ducks for Blandisi

Who? Some guy who’s had all of three games with the Ducks? Why? We have enough centers who don’t see the NHL in WBS right now...or is this a cap dump?

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Because you’re making an in division trade to your likely playoff match-up. Would
be completely foolish.

It’s not arrogant. It’d be more arrogant to pass up a deal that makes you better just because it’s Columbus. I don’t think arrogant even belongs in the conversation.

Reactions: WheresRamziAbid

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Because you’re making an in division trade to your likely playoff match-up. Would
be completely foolish.

And they're doing the same thing if they trade with us. And we might not even play them anyways. The Metro is so tight we could finish anywhere from 4th to 1st, and so could they.

Reactions: KIRK and Turin

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It is 100% arrogant to think you can make a swap with the team you could be playing in the playoffs and “be better”.

It's really not. It's being open minded, which is what any GM should be. I'll trade with the Caps if I think it makes us better. I don't care.

You put together the best roster possible. You don't worry about what other teams do with their rosters. That's the wrong way to think about it.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Who? Some guy who’s had all of three games with the Ducks? Why? We have enough centers who don’t see the NHL in WBS right now...or is this a cap dump?

It’s not a cap dump. Grant is on league minimum.Seems weird but I’m sure there is a plan. Maybe Blueger is going to be an add on in another trade or they really like Blandisi.

So does that mean BLANDisi is a vanilla player :laugh:

Reactions: KIRK and Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I hope he doesn’t play like his name...bland

I’d rather have had Silfverberg from our new favorite trading partner....

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
His twitter handle is themagicbullet. I expect a goal or two Friday.

I get a good laugh out of the fact that...

1. We moved a Center that we play as a Left Wing.
2. Got back a Center that will play as a Left Wing.
3. Teddy f***ing Blueger is a Center that could possibly play Left Wing and has deserved a shot, will never get one.

What a f***ing idiot, that JR.

So he's ok moving 1 mistake and keeping another (2 or 3 on this team, well maybe even 4).

Reactions: EightyOne

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I think this is the first stage of multiple moves for JR.

Creates a tiny bit more roster flexibility with a guy who can go down to the AHL without clearing waivers.

Reactions: Andy99

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
All I remember about Blandisi is what he did as a Devil. He's definitely speedier than Grant, and probably more physical. He has a little bit of skill.

I guess he might work out as an energy guy type call-up. And we're pretty set at center since Sheahan and Cullen both can play it, to say nothing of Blueger.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
All I remember about Blandisi is what he did as a Devil. He's definitely speedier than Grant, and probably more physical. He has a little bit of skill.

I guess he might work out as an energy guy type call-up. And we're pretty set at center since Sheahan and Cullen both can play it, to say nothing of Blueger.

We traded a C/W for another C/W and have a C that can likely play W and could possibly be better...but will likely see another person from outside of the system get a shot someone from within should have had.

#PensHockey.

Reactions: Pancakes

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
From the sounds of it, Blandisi doesn't sound like he's going to be an NHLer for us. Maybe JR is just clearing a roster spot for another move?

Reactions: Tom Hanks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad