Saginaw Spirit 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
I have been saying this for quite some time now... there is someting wrong with Lennox. Why after such a layoff is Frappier in goal tonight. This is why the idea of a run is nonsense.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
I have been saying this for quite some time now... there is someting wrong with Lennox. Why after such a layoff is Frappier in goal tonight. This is why the idea of a run is nonsense.

Lennox is injured. That's what's up with him. Has been since this summer at the Hlinka

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Big win against Windsor Bloom scoring the winner in OT on a penalty shot.
Perfetti has been released from team Canada, would be nice if he made it but helps the Spirit to make up some ground. Back to back games with Flint, he will definitely be a factor in those games. Go Spirit!!

Bag O Pucks

Sep 13, 2019
The league has finally settled on 4 games for Millman. So he misses the home and home with Flint and back to action on the 19th.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Lennox is injured. That's what's up with him. Has been since this summer at the Hlinka
That I am well aware of, as I am the one who originally pointed it out way back. My thoughts are a nagging, won't go away, injury that even minimal playing time exposes, isn't going to cure him. That's where we're at. Don't get me wrong, Frappier has done a great job backing him up, but...

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I like the way the team is going now. Flint has a depleted roster and we will be without Solovyov, Jenkins, Millman, and Lennox. This is when the 8- 00's and 3-OA's come in handy as they will in the playoffs. Hats off to the rookies who have played well lately. Cardwell, Bloom, Codd, Bulovs, Punnett, Smith and Mancini are all stepping up their games. Frappier has won a couple big games, so let's make it 3 for 3 this weekend. Flint will be coming out flying we will have to match the intensity.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Can't ask for any better than 6 big points, still have to play Sarnia on Thursday then Christmas Break. I know Flint was short but a win is a win and the Spirit needed a shot of confidence. Good to see Katic with 7pts in 5 games and 20 pts on the season. Need guys like Antropov, Goldowski, Duhart, to keep playing hard and the rookies are holding their own.
Coskey has 2 game winners in a row and would love to see a top C with the Coles.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
IMO Flint is good and vastly improved. However, Saginaw is experienced and has more depth than Flint. The Spirit should win most of our head to head games. Peretti is just destroying us. Other Firebird fans may not agree, but that is okay.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
If Hayton is returned, he should be our prime deadline target. Won't ever happen but we have the assets to do it.

Realistically, Option 1: Jenik and Tucker. Maybe a depth forward too for cheap and call it a deadline.

Or, Option 2: Hayton, and roll with defense we have.

Last edited:

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
If we are going to go for it lets go for it.....Hayton and Tucker would be helpful on both ends. Having said that, what do you think it would cost to get them? Do we have enough in the cupboards to offer?

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I noticed he was still listed on the roster thru the OHL website sometime last week. Is he now getting healthy from the knee or ankle injury?

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Rumor is Bode is coming back. Anyone hearing this? Islanders want him to get ice time. Thoughts?
Where do you get your information or do you just make a quantum leap into the absurd? If indeed the Islanders wanted to give him more ice time, then he would have been off to the World Junior Tournament with Wahlstrom , who has done little, and flopped at BC as a freshman.

So again, there are other options for Wilde.... Worcester...

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Where do you get your information or do you just make a quantum leap into the absurd? If indeed the Islanders wanted to give him more ice time, then he would have been off to the World Junior Tournament with Wahlstrom , who has done little, and flopped at BC as a freshman.

So again, there are other options for Wilde.... Worcester...

I have no idea about Bode coming back. But apparently he wasnt invited to US camp. Only Walstrom and Dobson were asked to be released by NYI and NYI only released Walstrom

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I have no idea about Bode coming back. But apparently he wasnt invited to US camp. Only Walstrom and Dobson were asked to be released by NYI and NYI only released Walstrom
He has been passed on a few US teams over the years. He hasn't played enough this year due to injury to be in prime shape for Team USA. Bode still should have been invited IMO. The coming back to Saginaw l doubt their is nothing on the Islanders thread to support this but it would be a welcome addition.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Saginaw trying to move a FWD - Doubt anything gets done till after freeze tho

Another one staring into the crystal ball of non realities. Our two oldest forwards are playing too well to be moved...and DON'T want to be moved. . We are 2nd in the West at this moment. So who are we trading to get what?

Jeez this thread is like the old Bananarama song..." I Heard a Rumor"!

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
It's a player who has requested a trade. It will come out when I can say more.

Perhaps a 2000 who is not happy with his role and can see the OA problem the Spirit will have next year. Possibly one of 2 others not happy with their role. I have word that neither of the 99's want out...but...you never know.

Usually a player not happy with ice time and role of importance...we shall see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Finster8

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Perhaps a 2000 who is not happy with his role and can see the OA problem the Spirit will have next year. Possibly one of 2 others not happy with their role. I have word that neither of the 99's want out...but...you never know.

No inside info but my guess would be Goldowski

Reactions: Saggy

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
IF Bode Wilde is incapable of playing at the AHL or ECHL level, that means that the Islanders feel that 16-18 Dmen, are at this point, better than him. Maybe the injury was worse than first diagnosed. He has had ample time to get in shape with daily practice. No invite from the USA Hockey means nothing, as he has been considered an outlier. If he comes all the way back to Saginaw it will mean that he is lacking, and being king of the hill here will not improve his obvious flaws

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
IF Bode Wilde is incapable of playing at the AHL or ECHL level, that means that the Islanders feel that 16-18 Dmen, are at this point, better than him. Maybe the injury was worse than first diagnosed. He has had ample time to get in shape with daily practice. No invite from the USA Hockey means nothing, as he has been considered an outlier. If he comes all the way back to Saginaw it will mean that he is lacking, and being king of the hill here will not improve his obvious flaws
Where was he drafted from?...the OHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad