Saginaw Spirit 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
For some reason the kids heart and soul is with Saginaw , can’t explain it
Unless they are going to pull off one big rabbit out of the hat, because I am in total agreement with what you posted. So let me ask you and not to offend at all. IF they are going to sell, would Cole C be willing to go to a contending team, because the kid deserves that chance.
Saginaw has 8-2000 birth years , that means 5 are out with all of them returning next year as I don’t see any of them making a ahl roster
Perfittie has 1/2 more years in Saginaw
This is going to be the last year Saginaw can make a run for a little bit I think , I would deal off Katic/golden/king and picks for a top center ,
Losing Gilmore this year has hurt us for sure

Reactions: Finster8

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Sadly none of those mentioned get us much! I don't want to mention names, but our 2016 draft has been a miss!... and please don't tell me about what a great pick Wilde was, he played 1 season.

Last edited:

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Sadly none of those mentioned get us ****ee! I don't want to mention names, but our 2000 US draft has been a total flop!... and please don't tell me about what a great pick Wilde was.
Looks like Saginaw is going to live and die on the young guns ,interesting

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
We are underachieving right now. That doesn't mean we will all year. I like Antropov trade it was a smart trade that was cost effective. We still have 6-2nds, 3-4ths, 4-4ths and 6-5ths that is 1 top C, with plenty left over for a good D and more. With all the 00's and OA it is a veteran lineup and even more if we add talent. Next year is definitely not our year as we will be trading key players to get our picks back.
After the World Juniors should determine how deep DD pushes the envelope. IMO nobody is running away from the rest and lots can change. We do need to be more consistent in our offensive out put. Just to many guys not producing I hope that changes.

Reactions: dirty12

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Sadly none of those mentioned get us much! I don't want to mention names, but our 2016 draft has been a miss!... and please don't tell me about what a great pick Wilde was, he played 1 season.
Jenkins, Giroux and Wilde were all drafted that isn't to bad.

Reactions: dirty12

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Fin, I made that comment with regard to Sag2019's trade thoughts...Katic/golden/king for a center.I didn't think we'd get much in that deal.

The above have been serviceable players, and Jenkins has played well but needs to show me more for a #4 pick . Maybe it will happen and he will come on late. Giroux has played exceptionally well for a 3rd round #44 pick. My thoughts about the Wilde pick is that it was a tease, though nobody's fault.

Carry on.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
While I think they are selling as well.....heard another rumour that IF TRUE would mean they are going for it. Niagara parent keeps saying that Akil Thomas is coming our way for Punnett, a few 2002s and some picks.

I LOVE the idea of getting a top end Centre like Thomas but not sure if Saginaw has the Team to "go for it" this year.....seem to truly be underperforming. The source said that it has been talked about for the last two weeks and is expected to happen after the Team Canada Selection Camp is over.

It would be an awesome Xmas present but not sure it is the right move.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
By the way, the other one I heard was Noel to Sudbury for McCallum (first rounder......that should have been a 3rd rounder) and a handful of picks. Same source that told me about Antropov before it was posted so might be the real deal. It also would make a lot of sense as Sudbury seems to think this is their year.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
While I think they are selling as well.....heard another rumour that IF TRUE would mean they are going for it. Niagara parent keeps saying that Akil Thomas is coming our way for Punnett, a few 2002s and some picks.

I LOVE the idea of getting a top end Centre like Thomas but not sure if Saginaw has the Team to "go for it" this year.....seem to truly be underperforming. The source said that it has been talked about for the last two weeks and is expected to happen after the Team Canada Selection Camp is over.

Saggy, both Sag2019 and I agree with you with the not sure... Akil Thomas was drafted #12 in 2016, just to let those out there know. As Sag2019 said, we are going to have a real problem with the number of 2000's we now have and that will constitute an OA overload. I hope Busdeker and Coskey can play out the string, because we have done little to show a player a full career in Saginaw.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
On the topic of “going for it”, Bathurst won the Memorial Cup in 2018. They have won 11 of 95 games since then.
There’s a price to be paid

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
On the topic of “going for it”, Bathurst won the Memorial Cup in 2018. They have won 11 of 95 games since then.
There’s a price to be paid
I do agree to a point. When Perfetti, Millman and our OA's next year are sold off we will get back picks. Look at Guelph this year as the other end of the spectrum. Not saying we are Guelph but you have to try when you have so many OO in the lineup. Drinkill has brought in Antropov and that tells me only one thing. Whether right or wrong it is ultimately up to management.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Last year was the year and people aren't even aware of it. We could have been there. If we had not lost Prosvetov ( I don't care what you say about Lennox playoff accomplishments, the mindset is different offensively with a backup goalie vs the confidence of a #1 ). Murray being suspended and Tippett having an injury killed it.

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
Last year was the year and people aren't even aware of it. We could have been there. If we had not lost Prosvetov ( I don't care what you say about Lennox playoff accomplishments, the mindset is different offensively with a backup goalie vs the confidence of a #1 ). Murray being suspended and Tippett having an injury killed it.

I think Millman was also hurt so the Spirit only had four of their regular defensemen in the lineup against Guelph.

OHLoutsider2020

Aug 30, 2019

Only way a 2003 kid like Punnett can be moved is one week prior to deadline. I’m guessing on dates but the window is like Jan 3 to Jan 10th. Only 2003 picks that were chosen in first round can be moved. All other drafted players are protected their first year.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Sorry boys but that was an AWFUL game.....looked like both teams didn't want to win.....weird

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Curious - why wasn’t Punnett dressed tonight? They only dressed 5 defence.

Busdeker drops back on D. Punnett should be getting more ice.
On another note Daws + Lennox both played well. Katic had a good chance to win it from a pass from Perfetti at the end of OT. For some reason this year the cement hand syndrome CHS has struck the team. I hope it goes away soon like a bad cold.
Jenkins was injured sure hope it is nothing serious.

Reactions: OHLoutsider2020

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Lots of ice going to be avalible for the young guys to step up. Solovyov and Perfetti going to be gone to WJC camps and looks like Jenkins is going to be out with a knee injury for a while. Nasty knee on knee hit from #9 on Guelph. Shocked he only got 2 for it.

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
Lots of ice going to be avalible for the young guys to step up. Solovyov and Perfetti going to be gone to WJC camps and looks like Jenkins is going to be out with a knee injury for a while. Nasty knee on knee hit from #9 on Guelph. Shocked he only got 2 for it.

When do they leave for their training camps? I wondered if that was why Solovyov was a scratch last night.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
MRI for Blade today, but a potential ACL injury per local radio this am. Not looking good.

On a side note, really disappointed at Saginaw's reaction to the hit. Your boy just got taken out and the only one to even react is Coskey running his mouth as soon as the linesman stepped between them. Noone dropped the gloves, lined him up later, anything. Kid played the rest of the game scot free. If I was Jenkins I'd be pissed .

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
When do they leave for their training camps? I wondered if that was why Solovyov was a scratch last night.

Team Canada camp is in Oakville from the 9th to the 12th I believe. Would assume Perfetti heads there sunday.

Belarus is actually in a tier down world Juniors that is actually taking place in Belarus. That tournament actually starts monday over there, hence why Ilya is already gone.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
MRI for Blade today, but a potential ACL injury per local radio this am. Not looking good.

On a side note, really disappointed at Saginaw's reaction to the hit. Your boy just got taken out and the only one to even react is Coskey running his mouth as soon as the linesman stepped between them. Noone dropped the gloves, lined him up later, anything. Kid played the rest of the game scot free. If I was Jenkins I'd be pissed .

It is the most disturbing aspect of the Spirit, our big guys don't play big. That kid should have been on his keester the rest of the game. Sadly, that aspect of clean retaliation hasn't been drilled into the modern player.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
It is the most disturbing aspect of the Spirit, our big guys don't play big. That kid should have been on his keester the rest of the game. Sadly, that aspect of clean retaliation hasn't been drilled into the modern player.

For sure. I don't want anyone to think I ment I was looking for a gloved sucker punch to the kid or throw a head shot in retaliation. But drop the gloves or line him up clean all anyone had to do, dont let a cheapshot against one of your top guys go unmatched.

My only thought was they were thinking down 2 forwards last thing they needed was someone else sitting 2 5 and 10 up front. Webb is out of fights I believe already, but Katic or Goldy should have stepped up imo. Wish they would have dressed Punnett, he would have waxed that kid.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
I couldn't agree more.....that was a dirty hit in my mind plain and simple. Whether he meant to do it or didn't doesn't really matter. He is a rookie and needs to understand the impact of a stupid hit like that. There were four other Spirit players on the ice....someone should have grabbed #9 immediately and send a message. The fact that it didn't happen is sad......moreover, like you said, #9 played the rest of the game without a single Spirit player even being touched. There is something to be said about that.....really sad in my opinion.

Reactions: bcspragu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->