Saginaw Spirit 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
No we get one that can actually do the job at the cost of those that can’t. If not, every team will have their way with 91

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
If teams are taking liberties with Perfetti, that's when team toughness comes into play. Our guys start doing the same thing to their star player(s). Then we could trade Goldowski for someone who can handle themself. Kill two birds.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
One road game and everyone wants to make getting a goon our top deadline priority. Everybody's knees ok?

Goon would be an over-statement but if you watched that Kitchener game and saw how they abused 91 you might feel differently.

Kitchener showed the entire league the receipe for beating Saginaw. If I’m coaching against Saginaw in the first round I play that identical game every night.

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Different topic.....did anyone notice ALL of the Oshawa Executive Team was in Saginaw last night?

Could this be a “we will give you XXX and YYY this year for your run if you agree to trade us 91 next year for ours”

Might be me having too many coffees this morning but gut feel says something is happening between these two

Reactions: BarberPole9

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Goon would be an over-statement but if you watched that Kitchener game and saw how they abused 91 you might feel differently.

Kitchener showed the entire league the receipe for beating Saginaw. If I’m coaching against Saginaw in the first round I play that identical game every night.

Oh yes! We have quite the goon in Meireles! (Sarcasm)

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
I dont think he called Meireles a goon? He said they were going after 91 on Saginaw Perfetti.

I know. But the play I saw was Meireles coming across and hitting Perfetti with a clean check. The other Sags took offence. Thus my sarcasm.

I didn't see any goons go after Perfetti but the whole team was playing him tough. He will have to adjust. I like Perfetti and I am sure he will acclimatize as the year wears on.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Different topic.....did anyone notice ALL of the Oshawa Executive Team was in Saginaw last night?

Could this be a “we will give you XXX and YYY this year for your run if you agree to trade us 91 next year for ours”

Might be me having too many coffees this morning but gut feel says something is happening between these two
Rocco Tullio, a bunch of family and friends always come to Flint and hangout with the rabble near my section. Nice group of people and I assume they take a bunch of the organization with them on the Michigan swing.

Milly Man

Jan 5, 2020
From the way Saginaw runs their D, it’s clear they have given up on Punnett. Playing forwards back on D again tonight while Punnett watches from the bench. Too bad, only grit on a soft team.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
From the way Saginaw runs their D, it’s clear they have given up on Punnett. Playing forwards back on D again tonight while Punnett watches from the bench. Too bad, only grit on a soft team.

Hes our big trade chip for the deadline this week, if he gets hurt say goodbye to any big adds. If I'm Laz I wouldn't have even dressed him, but injuries forced his hand.

Reactions: Finster8

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
Was Punett a bad draft pick, or does he just need time to develop? It seems like most 1st round picks get regular playing time.

Milly Man

Jan 5, 2020
Hes our big trade chip for the deadline this week, if he gets hurt say goodbye to any big adds. If I'm Laz I wouldn't have even dressed him, but injuries forced his hand.
Was Punett a bad draft pick, or does he just need time to develop? It seems like most 1st round picks get regular playing time.
I was in Kitchener Friday. It seemed Solovyov played 40 minutes. Three Minute shifts. Good luck in the playoffs with that.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Time and some inevitable luck with trades will determine the chance of any contenders fate. Let's see what happens, it should go fairly quick? Contenders all need upgrades it should be fun to see the outcome.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

Most 1st round picks aren't traded at the deadline. As stated earlier, the whole idea is to keep him healthy until he is moved, so playing time will reflect that. If he gets us a great player in return to help us try and win it all, then he was a good draft pick.

This fact doesn't mean he's a bad player. He'll get his chance and I'm sure he'll be fine.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I was in Kitchener Friday. It seemed Solovyov played 40 minutes. Three Minute shifts. Good luck in the playoffs with that.

So you're assuming that even when we bring in a d man and Webb/King are healthy, that minutes like that will continue? Sure, why not? That makes sense. Everything will always be like the one game in Kitchener because bad.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Punnett is a solid player. Saginaw is simply not playing the rookies like other teams at this point.

Sure there is a learning curve but Laz has gone very heavy to two lines with a bit of a third line.

Rookies sit at the bottom of the totem pole and I don’t see that changing any time soon.

Punnett is a solid player

Bag O Pucks

Sep 13, 2019
There are rumblings on Twitter that we are in the mix for Akil Thomas. Although others think he’s a shoe in to London. What would it take for us to land him?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Punnett plus some seconds and thirds, and then cross your fingers and hope it's enough.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Niagara hates London lol, so my guess is that they will expect London to pay heavier price. If the offers are equal, they’ll take the Saginaw deal IMO.

Reactions: Finster8

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Yeah. Punnett, 3 2nds, 3 3rds would probably be the going rate.

I'd be all for that. Would still leave us plenty to go get someone like Gross too.

Bulovs will likely be on the move as well so sub him in a for a 3rd or later pick in some deals for an interested team. If Saginaw picks up both Thomas and Gross it would be a solid deadline imo. When Jenkins comes back (hes back to skating I hear) its like adding another solid piece for free to a team thats already winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad