Saginaw Spirit 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Oh finster for goodness sake lighten up. I enjoy all that you offer to this site. Correct, it isn't your foolishness that started this... it's Saggy's. I have told you that Wilde coming back here is nonsense and he doesn't want back and there are other options to put him somewhere else. The Islanders are still pissed with how he got hurt preseason.

As far as trades are concerned, it will be a 99, if by December we are not in position for a true run. By "true run" you and I know we need a top D, one or two forwards and the goalie situation is still up in the air. So...what do they give up to make that happen. They might just be sellers, even with a good record, particularly, if they get what is offered by trade.

Last edited:

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Look, would you guys stop the he's coming back BS ( I hope my strong talk hasn't bruised any fragile ego's...:) )
I was always hoping he would return and then seeing post #380 got me thinking. Swoopster where ever I go so does my ego. Over and out.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Just popped over to wish my Saginaw friends and all of you Happy Thanksgiving. See ya Dec 6!
(Your Wilde conversation is hilarious!)

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Wouldn't be a Flint-Saginaw rivalry without Flint fans booing an injured Saginaw player. Classless.

Refs lost control here fair enough. Doesnt give your squad freedom to take 2 match penalties and attempt to injure players. Enjoy those suspensions and the short bench.

Reactions: Finster8

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Wouldn't be a Flint-Saginaw rivalry without Flint fans booing an injured Saginaw player. Classless.

Refs lost control here fair enough. Doesnt give your squad freedom to take 2 match penalties and attempt to injure players. Enjoy those suspensions and the short bench.
Saginaw tried to injure as well...high sticks to the face....boarding...not so innocent either...and DJ King is a bitch

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
It's hockey and this year they are evenly matched with plenty of talent on both sides. Then the rivalry it is a perfect storm as far as emotions and pride running high. We have not seen the last of this BS it is just starting. Lets hope it doesn't come down to a key player out with a serious injury for either team. Drop the gloves instead of the other crap.
Loved to see Perfetti getting his grove back 2G+1A, Solovyov 1G+1A, Millman 3A and +5, Cardwell 1G, Codd 1G, Duhart 1G, Goldowski 1G and Giroux 1G. The secondary scoring from your bottom 6 helps win games.
The next game against Guelph is another big game that we need 2 pts and it's one game at a time. With 4 teams or so that could all win the conference.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Antropov from Oshawa is the latest rumour. I personally hope it is not true because I still think they need a Centre

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I'm making the assumption that you don't think Noel, McShane or Gross will be back for their OA year. If that is the case, it could make some sense but how do they craft it today to ensure they get Perfetti, Cardwell and Millman?? I would assume on a handshake and a wink......not much more you could do that I am aware. Moreover if we get those 3 then what do we give up to get them......picks would make sense because they can be reaquired but you have to have some warm bodies too.

Last question.....do you not think that Oshawa could go for it this year? They seem to have a better record than we do. That could change the overall picture quite dramatically so do our 3 players go that way and we just stockpile draft picks??

2 way trades very, very rarely happen because of exactly what you’re saying in this post. Saginaw would get the Gens 3 best players and the gens would get next to nothing and then next year if someone offers Saginaw the sun and the moon for Perfetti then the gens are stuck sitting there with their pants around their ankles and have given away their 3 best players for pennies.

Reactions: TheCoach

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
We need a couple of guys who can score that is a simple conclusion. DD has to make the decision. A two way trade perhaps, this year we get Noel McShane Gross for prospects and picks. Next year they get Perfetti Millmañ Cardwell and we get back those picks back and new prospects. Just blowing hot air but it would benefit both teams.
The only way your trade happens is Perfetti this season plus draft picks and prospects, Oshawa GM wasn't born yesterday to make the trade you proposed.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I'm on a thread proposing ideas. I am not the GM and neither are you. Only thing is Perfetti will cost a pretty penny. So we should agree there. Their are better options for us, like I said in the post I am blowing hot air, so chill out. Look at the above post you made. Nobody said this would happen. Lets see what happens in the next 6 weeks.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Heard it from an Oshawa Dad. Still don’t get it though....we seem to have more than enough on the left hand side.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Antropov is a hard player to get a feel for usually. He thinks the game well but his feet are so far behind him. He thrives on the powerplay when he can set up and not have to worry about using his skating. I think his skill set lends to being a good OA next year though. Being stronger than everyone else can overcome for the skating, that’s common for 20 year olds in the ohl

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Swoopster,.....I might have been off on the Wilde but nailed this one ahead of the announcement my friend. Not everything is “foolishness”

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
I'm still puzzled with DD.....seems like we now have 6 Left Wings...….hoping he has something up his sleeve because we need a proper Centre......last two pickup are Duhart (LW) and Antropov(LW)….still no number one Centre in sight??

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
I'm still puzzled with DD.....seems like we now have 6 Left Wings...….hoping he has something up his sleeve because we need a proper Centre......last two pickup are Duhart (LW) and Antropov(LW)….still no number one Centre in sight??
Not sure what’s going on with Gm/coaches decisions on lines or even pp lines , pp last game was 3-3 for one group , then they come back with a totally different group this last game , you take a natural center or left wing and you put him on the right side (crazy) then you take a kid that has a hard time on the right side and put him as your 3rd line center (seriously) then you have katic playing on left side of Jenkins and Coskey (huh)
Projected lines In the order of points
Giroux/cole p/cole c (90 total points)
New guy /Jenkins/golde (45 total points)
Katic/baber/Ethan (38 total points)
Duhart/budsker/tbone (24 total points)
We will be losing perfittie for a good month maybe more , I see this team selling
We don’t have a good enough back end and goalie against good team in a series but maybe dd has something else going on , we need a true center that is a playmaker

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Not sure what’s going on with Gm/coaches decisions on lines or even pp lines...

We will be losing perfittie for a good month maybe more , I see this team selling
We don’t have a good enough back end and goalie against good team in a series but maybe dd has something else going on , we need a true center that is a playmaker

Unless they are going to pull off one big rabbit out of the hat, because I am in total agreement with what you posted. So let me ask you and not to offend at all. IF they are going to sell, would Cole C be willing to go to a contending team, because the kid deserves that chance.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Unless they are going to pull off one big rabbit out of the hat, because I am in total agreement with what you posted. So let me ask you and not to offend at all. IF they are going to sell, would Cole C be willing to go to a contending team, because the kid deserves that chance.
For some reason the kids heart and soul is with Saginaw , can’t explain it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad